Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 04:00 PM

105 posts, read 321,389 times

Advertisements

Impressive press conference with Commissioner Kelly and District Attorney Hines:

http://youtu.be/ksvnXraTYh0

Commissioner Kelly gave some interesting stats for Bushwick's 83rd Precinct:
- Shooting incidences this year to date are down 13%
- Number of shooting victims is down 23%
- Murders down 47%
- Last year for the first time since 1963 Brooklyn had fewer than 200 murders. This year Brooklyn had 48 fewer than last year.
Curious that rape is up significantly (29%) which correlates with the recent rash of attacks on young women in Bushwick. Wonder what's up there?

Questions:
1. Why are they publicizing how they followed TBO on facebook and twitter? Are they trying to shut down gangs' ability to coordinate and recruit on social media by making them paranoid about it? My first thought was they should just let the dumbasses post away and track it. Maybe its better to create uncertainty around it, I guess.
2. What effect do you think these arrests will have on gang activity overall in Bushwick? Do you think this will inhibit gang activity, or are they just a multi-headed hydra, and other dumbasses will fill the void?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 07:03 PM

6,459 posts, read 11,981,569 times
If they're stupid enough to post their illegal activities on facebook and twitter than they DESERVE to be locked up.

I'm sorry, but there's a brand of stupid with today's criminals that didn't exist when I was growing up.

These people might have street sense, but "common sense" is sorely lacking. I'm so happy that I'm not an 80s or 90s baby. The level of stupidity is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:02 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,217,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkak69 View Post
1. Why are they publicizing how they followed TBO on facebook and twitter? Are they trying to shut down gangs' ability to coordinate and recruit on social media by making them paranoid about it? My first thought was they should just let the dumbasses post away and track it.
2. What effect do you think these arrests will have on gang activity overall in Bushwick? Do you think this will inhibit gang activity, or are they just a multi-headed hydra, and other dumbasses will fill the void?
1. Who says they're reading the papers or waching the DA's press conferences?
2. Often, it like pruning the hedges. Got to do it repeat regularly, as they grow back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City