Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 09:17 AM

215 posts, read 661,166 times

Advertisements

Victorfox: where will the poor go if they're kicked out of the Bronx?

Old 01-26-2010, 11:21 AM

461 posts, read 1,999,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozle View Post
Victorfox: where will the poor go if they're kicked out of the Bronx?
Woozle, I'm not saying and refering to all poor people because there are many nice and polite poor people that mind there own business and aren't a nusiance to the community and blend in with the rest of us productive people.

Whenever you hear me knocking poor/low-income people in my post, I am refering to the GHETTO poor people. The type that act all loud and rowdy in public with filthy mouths that have no shame in their game, the drug dealers, the thugs, gangstas and hood rats.

These GHETTO people that I refer to are a cancer to our City. Its because of them that we can't walk 1 block in NY without seeing some building or park bench bombed out with grafitti. Its because of them that we can't walk into our apartment buildings without seeing a bunch of ghetto people sitting in the hallway steps smoking a blunt or walking in to an elevator that smells like urine. Its because of them that during the summer time they have the nerve to pull out beach chairs and a grill in the middle of the sidewalk and have a BBQ with their pitbulls tied to the light pole while acting all loud, littering the street with chicken bones and phillie blunt tabacco so they can roll their blunts, blocking the sidewalk from pedestrians and playing loud music from a parked car with their windows rolled down. Get the picture? If you see nothing wrong with this, then something is wrong.

I'm from the Bronx and I see this type of behavior all the time and its sickning. How is a neighborhood or community suppose to turn a corner and become better and more desirable with this type of behavior going on? This type of behavior deters good people from moving in thus change will never occur.

So when you ask me where would all the "ghetto" poor people go if kicked out the Bronx, my answer to you is...anywhere but NYC and the 5 boroughs. I could care less as long as its not in my backyard.

So I say, let them get displaced, evicted or have them relocate to other ghetto towns that are too far gone and beyond repair so they can be among their peeps who share the same ghetto sub-culture as they do. Places like like Newburgh, NY, Newark, NJ, Allentown, PA, etc.

These people are expendable and not a productive part of society in NY. So if they leave, believe me, they won't be missed.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:27 PM

A poor, low-IQ man needs his pride, too, and it is usually expressed through anti-social behavior, since it obviously cannot be expressed through achievement. Asking this man to be "polite" to his implied superiors is asking him to stop being a man, to ignore his basic biological urge to show females his alpha-maleness.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:50 PM

461 posts, read 1,999,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozle View Post
A poor, low-IQ man needs his pride, too, and it is usually expressed through anti-social behavior, since it obviously cannot be expressed through achievement. Asking this man to be "polite" to his implied superiors is asking him to stop being a man, to ignore his basic biological urge to show females his alpha-maleness.
So that makes that type of behavior OK then?

What you mentioned in my opinion is the root to all ghettoness and their downfall as well. Arrogance, pride and selfishness too. Arrogance and selfishness will get you nowhere in life. If you walk around with the "I'ma do me" attitude and Mod cuteveryone else attitude then I guarantee you life will not treat you very well.

Alot of shootings, stabbings and assults occur because "dude looked at me the wrong way so I gotta let him know I'm not the one to be played with".

Last edited by Viralmd; 01-27-2010 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 01-26-2010, 12:55 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post

What you mentioned in my opinion is the root to all ghettoness and their downfall as well. Arrogance, pride and selfishness too. Arrogance and selfishness will get you nowhere in life. If you walk around with the "I'ma do me" attitude and Mod cuteveryone else attitude then I guarantee you life will not treat you very well.
Isn't that the same attitude you're projecting to these people you call "ghetto"?

Last edited by Viralmd; 01-27-2010 at 05:57 AM..

Old 01-26-2010, 09:24 PM

423 posts, read 1,280,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
Woozle, I'm not saying and refering to all poor people because there are many nice and polite poor people that mind there own business and aren't a nusiance to the community and blend in with the rest of us productive people.

Whenever you hear me knocking poor/low-income people in my post, I am refering to the GHETTO poor people. The type that act all loud and rowdy in public with filthy mouths that have no shame in their game, the drug dealers, the thugs, gangstas and hood rats.

These GHETTO people that I refer to are a cancer to our City. Its because of them that we can't walk 1 block in NY without seeing some building or park bench bombed out with grafitti. Its because of them that we can't walk into our apartment buildings without seeing a bunch of ghetto people sitting in the hallway steps smoking a blunt or walking in to an elevator that smells like urine. Its because of them that during the summer time they have the nerve to pull out beach chairs and a grill in the middle of the sidewalk and have a BBQ with their pitbulls tied to the light pole while acting all loud, littering the street with chicken bones and phillie blunt tabacco so they can roll their blunts, blocking the sidewalk from pedestrians and playing loud music from a parked car with their windows rolled down. Get the picture? If you see nothing wrong with this, then something is wrong.

I'm from the Bronx and I see this type of behavior all the time and its sickning. How is a neighborhood or community suppose to turn a corner and become better and more desirable with this type of behavior going on? This type of behavior deters good people from moving in thus change will never occur.

So when you ask me where would all the "ghetto" poor people go if kicked out the Bronx, my answer to you is...anywhere but NYC and the 5 boroughs. I could care less as long as its not in my backyard.

So I say, let them get displaced, evicted or have them relocate to other ghetto towns that are too far gone and beyond repair so they can be among their peeps who share the same ghetto sub-culture as they do. Places like like Newburgh, NY, Newark, NJ, Allentown, PA, etc.

These people are expendable and not a productive part of society in NY. So if they leave, believe me, they won't be missed.
Okay, whether you like it or not, your dream of kicking out the people that bring down the neighborhood isn't gonna happen. (And the tobacco usually comes from Dutch Masters. Everyone's favorite. )

Instead you should look for ways to HELP the community instead of just shipping them off to Detroit or St. Louis. NYC has come a long way with the crime reduction, quality of life issues should be addressed next.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:29 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
The reality is that those who "remember when the Bronx was good" (pre-people of color) are simply romanticizing a false reality. The Bronx was never an idyllic lilly white enclave, it was a working class borough with poverty, crime, and underground trafficking of all sorts. The Bronx today is on the rise, not a decline. There are billions flooding into the borough in the form of new housing, retail, commercial, infrastructure, parks, schools, and greening, to say the least.

Mod cut

Last edited by Viralmd; 01-27-2010 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: Not necessary. Verging on personal attack.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 PM

But the reality is that much of the current population is incompatible, if I can put it this way, with the current "rise" of the Bronx, SobroGuy. According to victorfox, they need to be kicked out. What do you say? What do you propose should be done with the ghetto?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:59 PM

423 posts, read 1,280,617 times
The Bronx still has the highest hunger rate in the nation:

Bronx Neighborhoods Have Highest Hunger Rate In Nation - NY1.com

Old 01-29-2010, 10:43 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
I would not go so far as to say the rise of the Bronx is incompatible with the current population. It is the current population that has been the driver of the rise of the Bronx for the past 25 years. Whereas places like Brooklyn became "better" by speculators and developers catering to an outside market, the Bronx's resurgence was for the people, by the people.

That being said, the problem is the elected officials who, for the past 30 years, have catered to certain groups, and have governed the borough for their self-interest at the expense of the community. So long as we have this never ending parade of incompetent, Democratic "leaders" that are busy pandering to voting blocks, which ultimately keeps them in power, the borough, and its residents, will suffer. The bulk of policies and legislation enacted by these self-serving career politicians serve only to look keep the checks flowing and keep the masses poor and uneducated so as to maintain themselves in power.

They seek not to improve the borough, but play a game of slight of hand....keep the focus off of their own greed/incompetence, and focused instead on some nefarious, changing entity: You are poor because XXXX (xxx can be white people, big business, landlords, the Mayor, or anyone else they can use to keep blame away from themselves). The keep the community busy blaming everyone for their own problems....but don't blame me..I am on your side! This game has been played for 30 years...on and on...and until the Bronx gets REAL leadership, it will ultimately be the few community organizations that are dragging the borough forward, while everyone else, including our elected officials, plays the blame game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City