Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:34 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid wave View Post
Well said and so true!!!! The ironic thing is most of these people who find the request for a majority white neighborhood so absurd, I imagine are white/educated/transplants that probably have little or no relationship with the minorities within thier own hood unless the minority shares their socioeconomic status, they may have the one black artist friend who is into indie rock and is married to a Korean vegan who graduated from Harvard. But, they don't often invite neighbor Jose 'the brick mason' over to their fabulous dinner party's. Point being if you live in a diverse community but have little or no communication with the minorities within the community then how is that different then living in an all white area. Just because you see a lot of different faces on the street and make small talk with a few people in your building may make you feel good but the fact is that many people from different cultures don't have a lot in common; that's why there are places like China Town, little Italy, Little Havana, etc…
I wish this comment was given the recognition it deserves... If i could rep you ten times I would... All these supposed let's love everybody free-minded hipsters that live in these majority black and hispanic areas preach the exact opposite of hilltop and yet there actions demonstrate time and time again how they are just as racist/prejudice/etc. if not even moreso than those who tell it like it is...

As for me, as much as I can't stand some of this guy hilltop's viewpoints... I'd take him anyday and twice on sunday over a two-faced hipster who preaches i'm accepting because i live in a black neighborhood... meanwhile they are counting the days till that area becomes the next East Village/LES/Williamsburg... It's complete bull****...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 10:45 PM

2 posts, read 7,182 times
9 pages of posts and barely received any decent advice. Thank You for the few who gave me some valid feedback.

BTW I am not racist, I currently live in Elmont which is very diverse. I want to move closer to the city for work but would rather live in a predominantly white neighborhood. If you think that's racist than you clearly have some issues.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:14 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,180 times
Honestly when a post is worded as you worded yours you can expect some people to jump on it I just Googled a bit and found all this infor, and there was still more. You might also do a search of past threads on this topic. Personally, I don't care the color just don't want to live next to thugs, idiots, or people that lack common courtesy and respect for neighbors and the hood.

From Wikipedia.
Demographics of Queens - "The White population in Queens is mainly concentrated in neighborhoods such as Astoria, Forest Hills, Glendale, Maspeth, Middle Village, Howard Beach, Kew Gardens Hills, Bayside, Whitestone, and Belle Harbor."

Demographics of Brooklyn - "Italian Americans are the predominant ethnic group in neighborhoods such as Bensonhurst, Dyker Heights, Carroll Gardens, Gravesend and Manhattan Beach; Polish Americans are the predominant ethnic group in neighborhoods such as Greenpoint ("Little Poland") and Greenwood Heights; Russian Americans are the predominant ethnic group in neighborhoods such as Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay; and Irish Americans are the predominant ethnic group in neighborhoods such as Bay Ridge, Gerritsen Beach, and Marine Park. Amongst Jews, Brooklyn is 15.4% Jewish[citation needed] with Jews being the predominant ethnic group in neighborhoods such as Borough Park, Williamsburg, Midwood, and Ocean Parkway".

Demographics of Brooklyn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Demographics of Queens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Map of New York City?s ethnic neighborhoods - Map - NYTimes.com
The Two Brooklyn Neighborhoods That Got White Almost Overnight | The Awl
Moderator cut: No links to that site, please

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-07-2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old 12-26-2012, 10:46 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Because I refuse to give in and conform to that type of ghetto behavior. I want to stick it to these ghetto a$$ people so they can learn a lesson that uncivil, ghetto behavior is not wanted in the Bronx even though the Bronx is full of ghetto people. I'm the trendsetter of my Bronx neighborhood.

I want to make them feel uncomfortable in their own neighborhood.
Good luck with that! If you really went all out and actually did it (instead of just talking about it on here), it would likely result in a bullet to your head.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac54321 View Post
9 pages of posts and barely received any decent advice. Thank You for the few who gave me some valid feedback.

BTW I am not racist, I currently live in Elmont which is very diverse. I want to move closer to the city for work but would rather live in a predominantly white neighborhood. If you think that's racist than you clearly have some issues.
If you really live in Elmont, Long Island, which is right on the borderline with Queens, then you should already know very well that there is no way in H*ll you will ever find a multi-family home in a predominantly white neighborhood in the five boroughs for $550k. You should already know you'd be hard pressed to find even a single family home in the type of area you desire for that price.

Complaining about barely receiving decent advice? You already know there is no way anyone can give you decent advice because what you seek is not available at the price you can afford.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Good luck with that! If you really went all out and actually did it (instead of just talking about it on here), it would likely result in a bullet to your head.
Sorry but I just don't talk about it, I do. I practice what I preach to the best of my abilities. And as a Bronx Landlord, I have the POWER to SCREEN and CHOOSE who lives in my building. And I do it all LEGALLY while at the same time rejecting housing for GHETTO people like yourself since apparently you sympathize for them and want to keep them around.

So yes, I don't rent to ghetto people and my block is that much better because of it. I make it so damn hard for ghetto people to qualify that they don't even bother submitting the application once they read what the rental criteria is. They disqualify themselves without me opening my mouth. I love it!!!

I've cracked the code (from at least a Bronx perceptive) on how to rent to desirable people while keeping the ghetto trash out. What I've learned I then teach to other local landlords in the neighborhood so they too can copy what I did and use the same technique to keep ghetto trash like yourself out. LOL!

Now just imagine several LLs collectively doing the same thing I've been doing for years...the neighborhood is bound to improve because we have a technique on how to keep ghetto trash from renting our apartments without any of those low-lives claiming discrimination or anything of that nature. You either meet the rental requirements or you don't. Ghetto people fortunately don't and I don't have to try so hard to keep them away. They do it to themselves. My rental requirements are like a "hood" repellent. LMFAO!!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Sorry but I just don't talk about it, I do. I practice what I preach to the best of my abilities. And as a Bronx Landlord, I have the POWER to SCREEN and CHOOSE who lives in my building. And I do it all LEGALLY while at the same time rejecting housing for GHETTO people like yourself since apparently you sympathize for them and want to keep them around.

So yes, I don't rent to ghetto people and my block is that much better because of it. I make it so damn hard for ghetto people to qualify that they don't even bother submitting the application once they read what the rental criteria is. They disqualify themselves without me opening my mouth. I love it!!!

I've cracked the code (from at least a Bronx perceptive) on how to rent to desirable people while keeping the ghetto trash out. What I've learned I then teach to other local landlords in the neighborhood so they too can copy what I did and use the same technique to keep ghetto trash like yourself out. LOL!

Now just imagine several LLs collectively doing the same thing I've been doing for years...the neighborhood is bound to improve because we have a technique on how to keep ghetto trash from renting our apartments without any of those low-lives claiming discrimination or anything of that nature. You either meet the rental requirements or you don't. Ghetto people fortunately don't and I don't have to try so hard to keep them away. They do it to themselves. My rental requirements are like a "hood" repellent. LMFAO!!!!
Sure you do it in the private fiefdom of your own little rental property utilizing paperwork (rental applications that ghetto people do not meet the requirements for).

You're not out there in the streets of the Bronx, actually challenging ghetto people left and right for their behavior and attitudes and "making them uncomfortable in their own neighborhood" as you wrote. You would not dare rock the boat in public and at large.

I find it amusing that anyone who slightly questions you on CD is automatically and magically transformed into a "ghetto" rat.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I find it amusing that anyone who slightly questions you on CD is automatically and magically transformed into a "ghetto" rat.
Because an actual ghetto person would be wasting their time on city-data, right?

Old 12-26-2012, 04:38 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,329,564 times
I sense a challenge coming up.

Fight @ Hunts Points ave&Lafayette @ 10pm tonight.

hilltopjay vs bronx hoodrats. everyone can bring up to 3 homeboys.

$$My money on da hoodrats: I put down $50 bucks, an EBT card and a 40oz$$

Sorry, I just had to.... ok, you guys continue..

Old 12-26-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
I sense a challenge coming up.

Fight @ Hunts Points ave&Lafayette @ 10pm tonight.

hilltopjay vs bronx hoodrats. everyone can bring up to 3 homeboys.

$$My money on da hoodrats: I put down $50 bucks, an EBT card and a 40oz$$

Sorry, I just had to.... ok, you guys continue..
Marilyn and I will easily kick his butt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City