Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 09:32 AM

6,459 posts, read 11,985,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
You forgot DNA sample, Marilyn.

I presume the OP is buying the FRICK MANSION.
LOL! Soon Kefir King, soon.

And the sad part is the majority will comply without question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 09:29 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,592,950 times
If you know the payroll company your employer uses, you might be able to log onto their website and access your paystubs that way.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:41 PM

1,118 posts, read 2,278,159 times
Not sure about your company's, but the HR system mine uses lets you view and print out pay statements for any given time period or total with everything you'd normally see on a bill. That could also help.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,777,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Yes, your prior tax returns for whatever years they want, in addition to your bank statements, facebook password, and a guarantor who is making 80 to 120 times your rent with the same EXACT documents and both your credit reports better be freaking stellar! You hear me??!! S-T-E-L-L-A-R!!!

LOL! Good luck!!
"Facebook password"???

Wtf are you talking about, the LL needs to look at your facebook??

LMAO!

The Transplant world is getting weider and weirder!

Anyway, OP, as long as you put up an acceptable DEPOSIT, you'll have more than enough time to gather and submit documents. You are given a reasonable time period to submit your application.

Besides, YOU took a week off, NOT your employer!! Just go in, go to personnel, and ask for the stubs.

But, frankly, your allegation seems a bit bogus!! Even with "direct deposit", you are provided each pay period with an envelope and your pay stub!!! So, what gives???

Practicing your 'con' on us, before the LL???

Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
"Facebook password"???

Wtf are you talking about, the LL needs to look at your facebook??

LMAO!

The Transplant world is getting weider and weirder!

LOL! I was joking about the facebook password JColtraine, but please don't act like if LLs suddenly start requesting them that prospective tenants won't say no. If they haven't said no to all the other craziness, then they won't refuse this or Kefir King's joke about the "dna" sample either.

Suckers.

Quote:
Anyway, OP, as long as you put up an acceptable DEPOSIT, you'll have more than enough time to gather and submit documents. You are given a reasonable time period to submit your application.

Besides, YOU took a week off, NOT your employer!! Just go in, go to personnel, and ask for the stubs.

But, frankly, your allegation seems a bit bogus!! Even with "direct deposit", you are provided each pay period with an envelope and your pay stub!!! So, what gives???

Practicing your 'con' on us, before the LL???
And what if they are? So???

If NYC LLs weren't so ridiculous in their "requests" to rent their storage units, then people wouldn't have to resort to these "cons" as you call them.

Unlike others on here, I haven't forgotten the lowdown, dirty, criminal tactics Manhattan landlords did to evict tenants and scare them out of their apartments.

I have no respect for any of them.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:30 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,667,120 times
Quote:

^^This is what one of my roommates did when we were applying for our place. She forgot to get her pay stubs, but they still took the apartment off the market until Monday when she could fax them from work.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:05 PM

8,012 posts, read 11,352,069 times
ask human resources for it.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,777,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
^^This is what one of my roommates did when we were applying for our place. She forgot to get her pay stubs, but they still took the apartment off the market until Monday when she could fax them from work.
Are you people walking around with all your documentation while simply VIEWING apartments??? Not at all necessary!

You all should realize the BOOM is over!

Sure, the occuancy rate is high, but the competition for (Transplant) apartments is no longer a frenzied race. That was an abnormality!

Today, things have returned to relative normality.

GF and I found a place, agent w/n take check, went to across the street to the bank and got M.O., the agent filled out the app (at the kitchen counter), and a couple days later we faxed over *edited* info. Edited, for example, it is not necessary to know our bank balances, nor our a/c numbers, nor what we paid in taxes, nor any of our tax info (only what we reported as *Income*; and, which s/match or exceed our W2s (though not in my case) .

GF and I, are both business people, comprehend the reasoning and the process, consequently, we are not confused. We provide just the information necessary and needed to, confirm our income through multiple sources, confirm our credit standing, confirm our capability to meet our monthly obligation.

Unfortunately, and apparently, there are those, who I imagine, live life on the margins, resultiing from their ignorance and inexperience, who have difficulty in complying with the aveage LL's confirmation requests.

Imagine if our bank accounts had zero balances or barely any funds, then we might be embarrassed to reveal this, and be resentfull of providing our bank info. Imagine if we didn't have a bank account!

Imagine if our tax returns showed us owing an inordinate amount in taxes; and/or that we had to make a payout. Worse even imgaine we hadn't filed returns in awhile. Again, embarassment and resentment,

Such people want to just show up with first and last and think that s/b enough for the LL to be *compelled to accept them!

These people wish NOT to be subject to life's rules, methods, and obligations of an ORDERLY life!

These folk have little Order, and require little to no "Order" in their personal and business lives, and resent those that do require "order"; and, even more, those who easily can comply with such Order! Blaming others for *their* inability to comply, and the limitations (crapppy housing) which are consequently imposed!

One cannot reason with such people. If they were people of reason, then they w/h reasoned out their lives; and, compliance w/n be an issue, nor pose any imposition.

Have a good day, Marilyn!

Old 12-26-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Are you people walking around with all your documentation while simply VIEWING apartments??? Not at all necessary!

You all should realize the BOOM is over!

Sure, the occuancy rate is high, but the competition for (Transplant) apartments is no longer a frenzied race. That was an abnormality!

Today, things have returned to relative normality.

GF and I found a place, agent w/n take check, went to across the street to the bank and got M.O., the agent filled out the app (at the kitchen counter), and a couple days later we faxed over *edited* info. Edited, for example, it is not necessary to know our bank balances, nor our a/c numbers, nor what we paid in taxes, nor any of our tax info (only what we reported as *Income*; and, which s/match or exceed our W2s (though not in my case) .

GF and I, are both business people, comprehend the reasoning and the process, consequently, we are not confused. We provide just the information necessary and needed to, confirm our income through multiple sources, confirm our credit standing, confirm our capability to meet our monthly obligation.

Unfortunately, and apparently, there are those, who I imagine, live life on the margins, resultiing from their ignorance and inexperience, who have difficulty in complying with the aveage LL's confirmation requests.

Imagine if our bank accounts had zero balances or barely any funds, then we might be embarrassed to reveal this, and be resentfull of providing our bank info. Imagine if we didn't have a bank account!

Imagine if our tax returns showed us owing an inordinate amount in taxes; and/or that we had to make a payout. Worse even imgaine we hadn't filed returns in awhile. Again, embarassment and resentment,

Such people want to just show up with first and last and think that s/b enough for the LL to be *compelled to accept them!

These people wish NOT to be subject to life's rules, methods, and obligations of an ORDERLY life!

These folk have little Order, and require little to no "Order" in their personal and business lives, and resent those that do require "order"; and, even more, those who easily can comply with such Order! Blaming others for *their* inability to comply, and the limitations (crapppy housing) which are consequently imposed!

One cannot reason with such people. If they were people of reason, then they w/h reasoned out their lives; and, compliance w/n be an issue, nor pose any imposition.

Have a good day, Marilyn!
LOL!!

I love you too JColtrane.

I cannot compete with your Shakespearian replies.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 PM

201 posts, read 387,422 times
Quote:
This may be true for your job, but I haven't gotten "an envelope and pay stub" since probably the early 2000's! Every job I've had in the past 10+ years, I've been able to log into ADP & print out a copy of my paystub & W-2 if I want, but not as many companies waste paper anymore to print it for you. I check mine online frequently, but I know the majority of my co-workers don't because they'll ask me what the website is when they need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City