Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 AM

106,560 posts, read 108,713,667 times

Advertisements

[quote=Kefir King;27520709]And never lose sight of the very real possibility of success being guaranteed merely by being born in the right bed. Many of "the 1%" or the ".01%" got there by squeezing out of the right vagina.

/QUOTE]

and some by squeezing into the right one lol.

marriage helps too. so does inheritance. the baby boomer kids are poised to inherit over a trillion dollars as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
And I'm going to say this about the "poor". People of all walks of life issues. Nothing is easy, getting a job, keeping, getting an education, etc. We all have our struggles and setbacks. And yes, we do sometimes need help.

The issue is some of you poverty advocates expect the rest of us to center our entire world around the "poor" and their so called problems. It gets to a point where if you cannot get it together, so what? Its your problem, and your problem alone.

And if you're unwilling to fix your own problems, then it sucks to be you, because no one else is going to solve them for you.
Nobody expects you to center your life around the poor but what you and a lot of ppl should stop being is so selfish and stop continuing that every man for themselves mentally throughout most of human history we have live communally and ensured that everyone who is able to help the group is supported. The way of thinking that you persist is one of the reasons the world is so ****ed up it's one of the reasons why places like Africa or Asia are so exploited and abused because we don't think were connected with those ppl so who cares.

But whats gonna happen if and when we have a larger economic collapse or a resource crisis and more ppl are stuck in destitution I bet a lot of you opposing welfare will be on that line just as fast as anyone else. Nobody is gonna sit there and let there family starve when there's option to get help thats just stupid, and anyone who needs the help and refuses it is a dumbass imo and letting their pride get in the way of their survival.

And I thank the lord not everyone thinks like this or we'd have no charity or aide programs on this planet at all it's really disgusting and pitiful the way a lot of look down on the poor when just a few generations ago most of our grandparents were poor as hell. And how did they get out of poverty during the Depression or yea thats right the New Deal govt assistance thats how the vast majority of your grandparents and great grandparents got out of poverty was through govt programs. So now because you don't need it and is too selfish to even wanna help out your fellow man you think nobody should have it, in my eyes thats soo ****ed up I can't even believe some of you think so disgustingly.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:02 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
It's quite obvious by your response that you are on Welfare. Its ok baby girl, come out the closet. Show your true colors girlfriend. Now people on this board can understand why you are so pro-welfare and defend it so passionately.
Could that be the only reason ?
Think about it.
Do the posts really make sense ?
Of course not.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:21 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
Nobody expects you to center your life around the poor but what you and a lot of ppl should stop being is so selfish and stop continuing that every man for themselves mentally throughout most of human history we have live communally and ensured that everyone who is able to help the group is supported. The way of thinking that you persist is one of the reasons the world is so ****ed up it's one of the reasons why places like Africa or Asia are so exploited and abused because we don't think were connected with those ppl so who cares.

But whats gonna happen if and when we have a larger economic collapse or a resource crisis and more ppl are stuck in destitution I bet a lot of you opposing welfare will be on that line just as fast as anyone else. Nobody is gonna sit there and let there family starve when there's option to get help thats just stupid, and anyone who needs the help and refuses it is a dumbass imo and letting their pride get in the way of their survival.

And I thank the lord not everyone thinks like this or we'd have no charity or aide programs on this planet at all it's really disgusting and pitiful the way a lot of look down on the poor when just a few generations ago most of our grandparents were poor as hell. And how did they get out of poverty during the Depression or yea thats right the New Deal govt assistance thats how the vast majority of your grandparents and great grandparents got out of poverty was through govt programs. So now because you don't need it and is too selfish to even wanna help out your fellow man you think nobody should have it, in my eyes thats soo ****ed up I can't even believe some of you think so disgustingly.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:49 PM

I never usually get worked up or throw insults on this site but this is one subject I find appalling how mean and selfish so many ppl are, just because the world is messed up doesn't mean you have to add to the problem. It's one thing to criticize our welfare system and say it's ineffective and enables ppl which is true, but to say just screw the poor should fend for themselves is not the answer it's just gonna cause way more problems we need more welfare programs that are more aggressive and actually get to the root of the problem and help ppl not the opposite.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
I never usually get worked up or throw insults on this site but this is one subject I find appalling how mean and selfish so many ppl are, just because the world is messed up doesn't mean you have to add to the problem. It's one thing to criticize our welfare system and say it's ineffective and enables ppl which is true, but to say just screw the poor should fend for themselves is not the answer it's just gonna cause way more problems we need more welfare programs that are more aggressive and actually get to the root of the problem and help ppl not the opposite.
I'm just waiting for some of them to sign off the end of their posts with "Heil Hitler" to make it official.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I'm just waiting for some of them to sign off the end of their posts with "Heil Hitler" to make it official.
It's crazy the lack of empathy a lot of us have, all these poor ppl are individuals with their own unique story on why their poor and for probably like 90% of the time it's not even their own fault their a product of the system.

The vast majority of us end up being a product of our environment it's part of being social animals we follow our peers, parents, and society's expectations for ourselves. Thats why most ppl born into a ghetto or white trash poor household will stay that way, ppl born into average middle class homes will usually end up being nothing more than average middle class ppl, and ppl born into some stuffy blue blood upper class family will most likely end up being some snobby rich person. Most of us don't think for ourselves in every social class, race, religion, and political affiliation so we just follow those around us.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:39 PM

402 posts, read 811,246 times
Quit your crying! Most poor people are poor because they suck at life, are lazy, and or/ stupid..... Especially if youve been in poverty for an extended period of time... all you bleeding heart liberals are the reason the country is in debt 100 grand per household. If I feel like helping the poor I do, but its ridiculous the government redistributes my money to 95% trash. And they just keep popping out illegitimate child on after another after another.... Mandatory tube typing for welfare sLu ts is a good idea too, and it will also help keep the crime rate down 18 years down the line when these welfare babies hit their criminal peek.

Last edited by mps0909; 12-28-2012 at 03:50 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM

106,560 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
Quit your crying! Most poor people are poor because they suck at life, are lazy, and or/ stupid..... Especially if youve been in poverty for an extended period of time... all you bleeding heart liberals are the reason the country is in debt 100 grand per household. If I feel like helping the poor I do, but its ridiculous the government redistributes my money to 95% trash.
don't hold back,tell us what you really think.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
Quit your crying! Most poor people are poor because they suck at life, are lazy, and or/ stupid..... Especially if youve been in poverty for an extended period of time... all you bleeding heart liberals are the reason the country is in debt 100 grand per household. If I feel like helping the poor I do, but its ridiculous the government redistributes my money to 95% trash.
And a HAPPY HANUKKAH to you too Mayor Bloomberg!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City