Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times

Advertisements

lol that's a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 10:13 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
ya must be some broke taxpayers, since
you're always beefing about less fortunate
people lol.
That's often true as well. Often low wage people will scream up and down about paying taxes, but the issue is not really taxes. The true problem is that they are low wage, so if their paycheck is missing ANY money, they really feel it.

People who make more money won't notice things as much.

There's a bit of jealousy, too. Housing projects in NYC, as well as apartments in the outer boroughs tend to be HUGE. So often people who are not making much money see these apartments and get jealous. And no, that was never my problem, I had a huge apartment in Far Rockaway pre Sandy (it was not in the projects).

Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
lol that's a good one.
I'm a dirty New Yorker.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-29-2012, 11:00 PM

402 posts, read 811,461 times
I have no idea why the government pays these high prices to house people that DO NOT WORK in NYC, Ship them to the upstate ghettoes like Newburgh, Poughkeepsie, Monticello, Albany, etc. Why are these people in NYC and why is such high rents subsidized when there bum a$$es could be living in a place 2x the size for 1/2 the price... What does the government owe these dirtballs the nyc life? all these people are doing is lowering the quality of life.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
I have no idea why the government pays these high prices to house people that DO NOT WORK in NYC, Ship them to the upstate ghettoes like Newburgh, Poughkeepsie, Monticello, Albany, etc. Why are these people in NYC and why is such high rents subsidized when there bum a$$es could be living in a place 2x the size for 1/2 the price... What does the government owe these dirtballs the nyc life? all these people are doing is lowering the quality of life.
Indeed, and not only upstate ghettoes, but other small towns across the country and world. Also, the people in these ghettos generally moved to NYC after World War II. The younger ones may have been born here, as have their parents, but its not like NYC is some sacred native home to them, as they are comparatively new arrivals. So why do they necessarily have to live in NYC?

I myself may move upstate or elsewhere in the future, but this year and next there are some projects I'd like to finish before making that decision.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:18 AM

402 posts, read 811,461 times
But really though, Why is the gov't subsidizing scum to live in Manhattan when they can subsidiize 1/3rd to put them in Newburgh/ Monticello/ Poughkeepsie ETC. Does the government feel they owe these slime balls Manhattan life? Enough is enough!!! Everyone will make out better on this deal, as the gov't will spend less, NYC Residents have less dirtballs to worry about robbing them? The neighorhood would become more desireable... And the Upstate neighborhoods I mentioned a fair ammount of the homes are abandonded especially in newburgh due to deindustrialization, so might as well but a dirt bag family in it to pay rent. What is the problem?

Old 12-30-2012, 01:28 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,985,404 times
I'm sure all those other towns would love to have them too. Don't you think they would jump at the idea? It would certainly help their own communities flourish. Just ship them up there, get the cattle cars ready.

Comparative new arrivals, compared to their grandparents? The end of WW2 was some time ago. NYwriterdude, aren't you a comparative new arrival yourself? I mean after WW2. It doesn't matter if not in the projects I guess. Everyone in the projects is a dirtball? There are no decent people at all? Certainly there are criminals there but I think there are some decent people as well. It amazes me what people say here. You are really on the wrong forum, some of you.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I'm sure all those other towns would love to have them too. Don't you think they would jump at the idea? It would certainly help their own communities flourish. Just ship them up there, get the cattle cars ready.

Comparative new arrivals, compared to their grandparents? The end of WW2 was some time ago. NYwriterdude, aren't you a comparative new arrival yourself? I mean after WW2. It doesn't matter if not in the projects I guess.
Indeed, I am a comparative new arrival myself. Nearly everyone in NYC is a comparatively new arrival (if they were even born here) and that's not counting the ones not born here (the city is full of immigrants and transplants anyway).

There's no such thing as a New Yorker. You just happened to be born here, if you were.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:34 AM

Quote:
But really though, Why is the gov't subsidizing scum to live in Manhattan when they can subsidiize 1/3rd to put them in Newburgh/ Monticello/ Poughkeepsie ETC. Does the government feel they owe these slime balls Manhattan life? Enough is enough!!! Everyone will make out better on this deal, as the gov't will spend less, NYC Residents have less dirtballs to worry about robbing them? The neighorhood would become more desireable... And the Upstate neighborhoods I mentioned a fair ammount of the homes are abandonded especially in newburgh due to deindustrialization, so might as well but a dirt bag family in it to pay rent. What is the problem?
And arguably, the poor themselves maybe at least somewhat better behaved, as part of the problem with warehousing poverty is when you jam a bunch of poor people in a small space, all you do is concentrate misery.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:37 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,255,759 times
Quote:
Thats exactly how I feel. They're a nusiance to community. They serve no purpose to society other than suck up resources they never earned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City