Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM

107 posts, read 224,129 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious. I know what to look for in some cases and so does my brother. Obvious things like, you need to pay for your own training is probably one I know extremely well. Also your hired on the spot without an interview would probably be another one. What else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calusblade View Post
I'm just curious. I know what to look for in some cases and so does my brother. Obvious things like, you need to pay for your own training is probably one I know extremely well. Also your hired on the spot without an interview would probably be another one. What else?
Any place that asks for SS number and personal info before an interview is conducted.

Asking questions about the company to any person you speak with, Like company opening date, mission or other details and they stumble or attempt to change the subject. Best way to trip someone up who is trying to deceive you is asking details. Most scams are built on them selling hard the main "benefits" and people not being cautious.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,723,877 times
Work from home!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:26 AM

594 posts, read 1,634,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnayyy View Post
Work from home!
There's one company that's actually really good for that called LiveOps, they take orders for things when people call 1-800 numbers to get something off of tv. My mother used to do it and if you really invest some time into it you can make a damn killing. For the first few months she didn't make much, but eventually she was bringing in some pretty impressive figures.

The thing I liked about it is that she told me how the promotion and advancement is entirely merit based. You don't even know your "bosses" and they don't know you either, they just look at your numbers and decide whether or not to promote you, so there's no favoritism or friends of the boss getting promoted before you. It's pretty easy to move up if you put the time in.

She quit doing it now though just because it got too time consuming, but she was making so much that if you're a single person and have time to kill either as a second job or on weekends you can seriously make some good money doing essentially nothing.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:28 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,723,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1981 View Post
There's one company that's actually really good for that called LiveOps. My mother used to do it and if you really invest some time into it you can make a damn killing. For the first few months she didn't make much, but eventually she was bringing in some pretty impressive figures.

The thing I liked about it is that she told me how the promotion and advancement is entirely merit based. You don't even know your "bosses" and they don't know you either, they just look at your numbers and promote you, it's pretty easy to move up if you put the time in.
I'm not saying that there aren't any work from home companies out there that are legit. Just the majority are scams. Just like I'm sure there are some jobs out there that ask for your SSN before the interview that are legit just as there are ones that hire you on the spot that are legit as well. There will always be outliers.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
If they give you money it's legit job. If they ASK for money, it's a scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City