Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM

34,003 posts, read 47,240,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdiesel View Post
1. it depends
2. maybe
1. on what?
2. maybe you should
3. what happened to my 3rd question?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 08:36 PM

141 posts, read 185,521 times
1. is the person causing buses to move too slowly, for one thing
3. cannot answer as my travel patterns were not specified, and because of this nobody has any way of knowing whether it is quicker or slower

Last edited by detroitdiesel; 01-22-2013 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: more info, 3rd answer

Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
1. is the person causing buses to move too slowly, for one thing
3. cannot answer as my travel patterns were not specified
1. So if they're double parked and they're not causing the bus to be delayed, then you're cool with that?

Wow I had to use like almost every one...

3. It is the nature of the forum to help. thats why people like yourself come here to ask questions, to get answers. it is almost like a reflex on this forum to propose alternative suggestions, such as a different route. if you're uncomfortable with putting your daily route on the Internet, I understand. So I humbly suggest finding a new way to travel.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 PM

fair enough. my apologies if you were offended by anything I said seventhfloor. I know the transit system; I am not looking for any alt routes, but thank you anyway

Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
fair enough. my apologies if you were offended by anything I said seventhfloor. I know the transit system; I am not looking for any alt routes, but thank you anyway
Not offended but your issue seems like an easy fix. In all honesty I think you just really like taking the bus and for whatever reason don't want to switch, and just wished it would run faster. But in life we must learn that we always don't get what we want. Either way good luck.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 PM

not an easy fix b/c calling police is a band-aid solution in this case; thanks again. I will keep fighting for this cause

like taking the bus..sort of. I like taking certain SBS buses, locals not really. it comes down to environmental concerns and not being tasked with any driving for which I am not paid; the less I am on the road as a vehicle operator the better as I do not like dealing with people speeding (I obey speed limits to a tee), circumventing double parked vehicles, and all the other ugliness that goes on on the road

Last edited by detroitdiesel; 01-22-2013 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: specification of paid driving

Old 01-22-2013, 10:45 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
Quote:
I was ranting? All I have been doing this entire time is asking questions! If I say, "from you, I want answers to my questions. In general, I want people to stop double parking on streets where buses run," that counts as ranting or getting worked up? Or if I ask a long question or present a logic puzzle like I did in posts 17 and 26, that counts as ranting or getting worked up?
LMAO. As I've always said, it's amazing that somebody could write so much, and yet write nothing at all. I mean, the density of nothingness in his posts is outstanding.

And I like how he assumes (and we all know what happens when you assume) that you're a transplant. As if transplants are the only ones who want free-flowing buses. And if you're a native, you must have a car. Never mind the fact that less than 40% of Brooklyn households actually own a car. Sure, a lot of them take the subway if it's available, but isn't it possible that sometimes, they might want to travel to neighborhoods (**gasp**) outside the reach of the subway?

Aside from that, I remember another user on another forum (you probably know who I'm talking about), who mentioned that during rush hour, with all the issues getting in and out of Flatbush Avenue, you have a lot of people who get off at say, Church, and take the B44 further down, rather than wait for the train to make its way to Flatbush Avenue.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 PM

I am actually BK IRT from NYCTF, CC.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:55 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
Quote:
I am actually BK IRT from NYCTF, CC.
I figured as much. The #1 supporter of +SBS+ in this city. LOL.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 PM

actually I think he was sayin that the peeps gettin off at Church Ave take the local down a few blocks, or maybe they do get off at Church and ride past JCT. w/e I think most of em get out at JCT, those going past it will get off at Church if the train is being held there as Church is a gap station (holding lights), tho those riding in the 1st car (where you gotta be to get to the B44 at JCT ASAP) will def. not get out at Church since the exits there are at the middle of the train

Last edited by detroitdiesel; 01-22-2013 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: more info about ppl getting off where on IRT Nostrand line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City