Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 12:04 AM

143 posts, read 293,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxTNS View Post
It can't be that bad i work in public safety now and u still have ppl who dont like what i do i had a guy the other day assault me because i was going to give him a ticket its the same everywhere you go
Lmaoooo it is that bad,,, trust and believe...the public thinks is a very easy and fun job, walking around giving tickets... its the complete opposite. The job is very physically and mentally draining. The agents are HIGHLY UNDERPAID for the work they do. If you have a job already, keep it and just take the PD,SSA exams ect....if you want to deal with bulls4!+ all day long,be a "fake cop", be exploited, underpaid,hated and make everyones life miserable, come to traffic

Old 08-21-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAngel View Post
If Traffic call you, do it. It's not the best job on earth but doesn't matter where you go. People are going to stress you out and you don't have to be miserable. You will encounter rude people but if you do good, you can move up very quickly. After you do your year and keep your nose clean you can go to School Safety and maybe even PD.
" move up very quickly". That is a funny one.....thats what they told you at orientation.... The supervisor test comes out every 4-5 years.... The city uses level 1 agents to do level 2 work, so they wont even have to promote anyone to level 2....it doesnt matter how clean you keep your nose, someone sooner or later is going to find a way to jam u up, weather it be a supervisor, motorist, coworker, manager, boss ect...

Old 08-21-2014, 12:27 AM

165 posts, read 428,836 times
@kiddkidd just do ur job and ignore ppl thats what i do here at my public safety job and u should try to get on to pd asap so it can be worth it u gotta have thick skin if ur gunna be at traffic im pretty sure it gets crazy but it only gets to u if u let it

Old 08-21-2014, 07:36 AM

195 posts, read 400,115 times
Well if your weak minded you don't need to be in NYPD point blank. Traffic will prepare you for the negative and positive. You sitting here telling people to stay where they are at. Some people might not have good benefits. Yes, they do use you for level 2 work and it depends on what command your at as far as promotions. If you aren't at a good command maybe you will stuck. I know I won't be stuck. I use this job to every advantage and when you get in you will know how to use the job to your advantage. You telling people to wait for school safety and wait 3 years+ when they get in quicker with traffic. Don't let people make you miserable. In school safety there is stress too. You have to deal with bad students especially if you get in a bad school and in pd everyone hates you just like traffic. No one likes law enforcement but it's a job. No job is perfect but at least it is stable with good benefits. This job can open doors to other departments. You will get certain preferences just because you work for NYPD.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:02 PM

327 posts, read 704,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddkidd View Post
" move up very quickly". That is a funny one.....thats what they told you at orientation.... The supervisor test comes out every 4-5 years.... The city uses level 1 agents to do level 2 work, so they wont even have to promote anyone to level 2....it doesnt matter how clean you keep your nose, someone sooner or later is going to find a way to jam u up, weather it be a supervisor, motorist, coworker, manager, boss ect...
Kid,what command you work for because even if you are level one they sou you as a level two

Old 08-21-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareios View Post
Kid,what command you work for because even if you are level one they sou you as a level two
sorry,they pay you as a level two

Old 08-21-2014, 03:06 PM

Any one heard about the peace officer status they wanna give to the traffic agents

Old 08-21-2014, 04:16 PM

165 posts, read 428,836 times
Where did you hear this @dareios

Old 08-21-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAngel View Post
Well if your weak minded you don't need to be in NYPD point blank. Traffic will prepare you for the negative and positive. You sitting here telling people to stay where they are at. Some people might not have good benefits. Yes, they do use you for level 2 work and it depends on what command your at as far as promotions. If you aren't at a good command maybe you will stuck. I know I won't be stuck. I use this job to every advantage and when you get in you will know how to use the job to your advantage. You telling people to wait for school safety and wait 3 years+ when they get in quicker with traffic. Don't let people make you miserable. In school safety there is stress too. You have to deal with bad students especially if you get in a bad school and in pd everyone hates you just like traffic. No one likes law enforcement but it's a job. No job is perfect but at least it is stable with good benefits. This job can open doors to other departments. You will get certain preferences just because you work for NYPD.
I did 6 years in the navy, came home and got my bachelors degree. Nothing weak minded about me.,,,, if you dont have a job, go ahead take the traffic agent position,,, if you have a job that pays similar or more than traffic, dont switch over to traffic , thinking is going to make you a police officer faster. There is no morale in traffic..,traffic doesnt stick together, and i dont blame the agents,,,, we are doing a lot of work and bringing in a lot of money, to be getting paid so little...

Old 08-23-2014, 05:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,863 times
I sent an email to my investigator on June 24th., 2014 and I was just wondering if anybody knows how long it takes before I get a reply from the investigator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City