Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM

151 posts, read 404,831 times

Advertisements

Ok, seriously..what's up with folks today? Seems like everywhere I move I got some inconsiderate dope living above or next to me. Its bad enough we pay ridiculous rents in this city - but now I got this Dominican above me blasting cha-cha music at 2am on a Wednesday. Are people like this clueless or do they just not give a damn? I'm honestly asking.

Maybe its me. maybe im weird because I have a brain and I realize that its inconsiderate and wrong for me to blast music at late night hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 PM

170 posts, read 322,978 times
I read you can actually call 911 to complain about loud music from neighbors. The nyc.gov site supports such a claim.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,235 times
Mine woke me up at 4am from what sounded like a game of bowling, just 1 hr after I finally fell asleep. And I never was able to fall back to sleep so instead of getiing 4 hours of sleep I got 1. Thanks bowling upstairs neighbor.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,139 times
It's very sad and annoying, but yes there seems to be an abundance of inconsiderate jerks everywhere!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,236,611 times
always go for the top floor if possible!! that atleast eliminates 1 douchebag noisemaker.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM

154 posts, read 259,840 times
I am dealing with a very unpleasant neighbor right now. It is the apartment in front of mine so imagine how bad it has to be to bother me. It is not only the noise but that this person loves leaving their apartment door open all day, letting their kids play in the hallway (they even rode bikes once), their kids also run around naked on the hallway, since their door is open you can clearly see in their place and apparenlty the nakedness runs in the family, they are the worst kind of dirty, love plugging an extension cord to the hallway outlet to save on electricity I assume, and I don't know what in the world it is they cook that smells so horrible but they insist in cooking it around 11pm and it apparently takes HOURS to be done.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM

83 posts, read 183,638 times
There is a noisy, nosey Mayor on every block in the USA!!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:21 AM

16 posts, read 23,033 times
Invest in a quality pair of ear mufflers

Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymom View Post
I am dealing with a very unpleasant neighbor right now. It is the apartment in front of mine so imagine how bad it has to be to bother me. It is not only the noise but that this person loves leaving their apartment door open all day, letting their kids play in the hallway (they even rode bikes once), their kids also run around naked on the hallway, since their door is open you can clearly see in their place and apparenlty the nakedness runs in the family, they are the worst kind of dirty, love plugging an extension cord to the hallway outlet to save on electricity I assume, and I don't know what in the world it is they cook that smells so horrible but they insist in cooking it around 11pm and it apparently takes HOURS to be done.

Does the super or landlord live in the building? Do they see this?

Old 02-08-2013, 01:37 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay1980 View Post
Ok, seriously..what's up with folks today? Seems like everywhere I move I got some inconsiderate dope living above or next to me. Its bad enough we pay ridiculous rents in this city - but now I got this Dominican above me blasting cha-cha music at 2am on a Wednesday. Are people like this clueless or do they just not give a damn? I'm honestly asking.

Maybe its me. maybe im weird because I have a brain and I realize that its inconsiderate and wrong for me to blast music at late night hours.

it makes you wonder if they have a brain at all.
like who does this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City