Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 05:33 PM

107 posts, read 201,589 times

Advertisements

This is a tragic story all around. Such a young couple, only married a year ago and expecting their first child and for them to die the way they did, but you know what maybe it is better that the baby passed away as well. Who knows if that baby would have had physical/mental problems and then not having your mom and dad. God knows what he is doing, they are all together in Heaven. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of both the husband and the wife. I am Catholic but there is only ONE GOD!! May God rest their souls. I really do hope this guy gets the maximum penalty because there are 3 lives that he took, one that did not even have a chance, an innocent baby! WHAT A CREEP!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 05:42 PM

9,243 posts, read 24,027,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcin View Post
...........God knows what he is doing, they are all together in Heaven. ..........

That's ridiculous.You mean you think god purposely, pre meditatedly killed them all off ? Or that he killed the baby after he had decided to kill the parents ? Or he didn't mean to kill the parents but decided that since they were dead he might as well do away with the baby ?

I wonder why he let the baby be born and live for a few hours ? Must have been having a hard time making the decision.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:58 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,982,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
What does them being an Orthodox Jewish couple have to do with anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Relevance:
The fact that this couple was orthodox jewish doesn't not make the story more tragic than if they were Mexican or Muslim. People are people, regardless of ethnic background or religious beliefs
Describing the young couple as orthodox jewish isn't supposed to "mean" anything it's just a descriptive term of the couple. Orthodox Jews identify themselves as such above all else.

Yes it is more tragic to our senses when a young couple and their new baby's lives have ended so suddenly.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 AM

112 posts, read 351,905 times
Another tragedy of this story is that it is not being used to highlight the importance of wearing a seatbelt! Had the couple wore their seat belts, things may have turned out differently. This story, as sad as it is, should be used in a Public service announcement about how not wearing a seatbelt can have a dire consequence in an accident.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,037,539 times
^^^ Most people don't put on seat belts when they take a taxi. I've been guilty of doing this...I wear one when I drive my own car but don't give it a second thought when I'm in a cab. Lesson learned.

Last edited by Jasper03; 03-11-2013 at 09:14 AM..

Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
^^^ Most people don't put on seat belts when they take a taxi. I've been guilty of doing this...I wear one when I drive my own car but don't give it a second thought when I'm in a cab. Lesson learned.
Same here, but thing is that when I use a cab if I'm lucky to get one... I'm always pretty strung out and forget that. When I'm behind the wheel I always put on belt but sadly i kno many who don't maybe they learn their lesson one of these days...

Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post

That's ridiculous.You mean you think god purposely, pre meditatedly killed them all off ? Or that he killed the baby after he had decided to kill the parents ? Or he didn't mean to kill the parents but decided that since they were dead he might as well do away with the baby ?

I wonder why he let the baby be born and live for a few hours ? Must have been having a hard time making the decision.
LOL! 3 rep points coming up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City