Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 02:52 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
We live in a racist society,
can we now move on to sonething more important.

^ If you want to move on, you have to stop stereotyping yourself and others; simple as that.

duh..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 05:19 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
We live in a racist society, everyone has some degree of racism in them. There we said it, can we now move on to sonething more important. As long as people act professionaly in whatever job they do what does what they think matter so much? Whites are racîst against blacks blacks vs whites asîans vs blacks and so on. It is utopian to ever think we'll be able to completely get rid of racicîsm. Stop with the bulls**** that blacks can't be racist because they lack power it's all semantics. It feels like blacks are more interested in getting whites to admit they're racism than in actually doing something positive to improve thier lives. Detroit/Chicago/any other black area are falling apart but yo we got the white man to finally admit that they're the evil white devils we always knew them to be.
"everyone has some degree of racism in them. There we said it, can we now move on to sonething more important. As long as people act professionaly in whatever job they do what does what they think matter so much?"

& That's the problem. Instead of people admitting that there's a problem people would much rather you "move on" or "Get over it" It's hard to do either when you have those types of people in positions of power who aren't doing their jobs correctly & professionally. Your statement is very hypocritical.

"Stop with the bulls**** that blacks can't be racist because they lack power it's all semantics"

Please quote me on where I said that, don't worry I'll wait...

Nobody's denying that blacks or any other minority group has its racist. Only a fool would beg to differ.

Stopping & Frisking (AKA harassing & extorting) & stereotyping isn't going to get us anywhere. People need to take responsibility for their actions & parents need to start parenting in these predominantly minority neighborhoods. I happen to live in statistically one of the most violent neighborhoods in NYC, & it's ridiculous how people out here value material things such as clothes and sneakers. People out here don't value their living conditions either. It starts in the homes & unfortunately there's a plague of incompetent parents in these "ghetto" areas.

This is all coming from an "uneducated" person by societies "standards"

Old 11-07-2014, 12:21 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
[quote=SobroGuy;28576163]Harlem:

The solution is to stop the illegal searches. Period. There is zero evidence to show it is even working by the police's own admission! When you have an arrest rate of less than 5% based on 700K searches, there is a serious problem with your policy, besides the fact that it is illegal. What other solution are you seeking?

You are missing this point. The percentage is so low because it DISCOURAGES the criminal punks from bringing their guns into the streets. And the demographic you mentioned as being abused by the policy are the same demographic that would be the victims of shootings.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:48 PM

913 posts, read 2,273,022 times
To original OP, I don't think it was racist and you didn't explain why they stopped you because I'm sure you asked and I'm sure they answered you. I don't think they stop people for no reason.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:57 PM

327 posts, read 704,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I feel your pain.

I too had the same thing happen to me and my partner, right in front of our apartment building, a few summers ago. Same story.

It has since made me lose all respect for cops.

Fortunetely my partner had his brothers correction officer badge in his wallet, once they saw that the became just "oh so pleaseant", with a "have a nice night men".................

like are you kidding me, you already upset me.............

I was upset, beyond belief......All we were doing was coming home from an after dinner walk.....

PS: I am a white man of Greek descent, and I look it.....I can't help the way I look....
and unfortunetely for white cops, we can't all look "wholesome and waspy".....
So they didn't ask for id?you lying bro and one last thing,do something with your english and then you can post your story

Old 12-12-2014, 05:19 PM

887 posts, read 1,215,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1969 View Post
This.

I seem to get stopped and harassed whenever I even drive THROUGH that Police State lately and I have a law degree. Even when I tell the *******s that part they don't stop with their bull**** of whatever minute little non-reason they pulled me over (usually the proverbial "your tail light's out, ma'am, can I see your license and registration" nonsense) - I don't ever get tickets but I threaten lawsuits anyway. A non-lawyer should probably just get with the ACLU and add themselves to their giant class-action lawsuit that they're at some point preparing.
If you started that law degree garbage with me I'd find a way to give you a few more so you could hire one who actually passed the bar to take some of your cash.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:45 PM

346 posts, read 383,406 times
I was stopped and frisked by the cops back in the 60's. They were white and so am I. Was i up to no good . Not really . But I did smoke pot then and they knew it. Cops will be cops and if they think you are up to something they might stop you even if its just for something like weed. I no longer smoke weed and certainly dont hang out on the street anymore but if you are you very well might get stopped. Its not racist really. Its cops being cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City