Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I sure am. What you're saying is nothing more than delusion. Speak to a linguist.

Some NYC kids come from racial/ethnic backgrounds that are despised. So everything that they do is "bad" including the way that they speak, even though there is no naturally good or bad way or speaking per se.

And yes, Koch sounds absolutely awful when he speaks, I'd rather here the lowest class NYC kid speak. Ditto for Bush. I don't have a broken down old white man fetish. I really don't.
I could always understand Koch. The language that I hear from some young folks in the street is indecipherable.

This reminds me - the two most recent teacher strikes in NYC had several messages that aired with regularity on the radio. The TEACHER spokesperson who delivered the messages did not even have proper command of the language. THAT is what is supposed to teach children? No wonder they can't speak well.

I think you might better serve your community by lambasting the educational system (yes, and the homes) for letting down the children so, setting them up for inferior lives; rather than trying to convince the entire clearly speaking world that their standards are too high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 08:59 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
But by who?

Again, this is nothing but racial hate on your part? White people, no matter how hideous or buffoonish (**** has a face like an inflamed Baboon's vagina), speak "well" but somehow blacks and hispanics don't, because you don't like them. But that has nothing to do with acceptance. Its your own personal issues.
I find your language repulsive, but if that's the sort of thing that you wish to be associated with, so be it.

There are quite a few blacks and Hispanics who actually speak English beautifully.

This is not a racial issue. It is an issue of ignorance and sloppiness. It is an issue for people who are probably down and out and instead of making an effort to lift themselves up, would rather poke their fingers at the rest of the world and try to extract pity.

That dog don't hunt nomore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City