Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 06:10 PM

131 posts, read 98,982 times

Advertisements

Running away does not indicate he was innocent. He could've have been attempting to flee after the initial rounds were fired. Not that I feel any sympathy. I'd probably take the officers out to lunch even if he didn't do anything wrong. We can't have the trash like that lingering around for too long after all. We need to take it out before it becomes too smelly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 06:15 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
You are really stupid and naive.

The cops went to question him. From Gray's perspective, most likely he sees people attempted to take his life. So he "stands his ground". The cops shoot and kill him.

Do you know what the term "snitch" means? Please don't talk when you are so far removed from reality and have no idea what you are talking about. And for the record, one does not simply just "leave" a gang. Unless the thought of a dead child tickles your fancy.
LOL. Did my post hurt your feelings?? So if your nephew was in a gang you would be ok with it?

So you are ok with people being silent and not snitching when a gang banger kills another or an innocent person?? When the cops are involved everyone in the hood is a chatterbox.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:16 PM

2,750 posts, read 2,419,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Regardless he did have a gun. People use guns to kill, so any one carrying a gun is likely to excite a panicky cop to shoot them. You will note that many of these cops are 5'6" and skinny and often arent capable of using physical force to defend themselves.

So whether the shooting was justified self defense, arrogance, or a panicked cop, this scenario would not have happened if this stupid kid wasnt holding a gun for a thuggish friend. And worse yet carrying it out on the street.
If you're a cop and you can't defend yourself, you're a joke. I don't care how tall or fat or whatever you are. It appears to me that none of this had to happen. But its all good since the "undesirables" are killed though, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
LOL. Did my post hurt your feelings?? So if your nephew was in a gang you would be ok with it?

So you are ok with people being silent and not snitching when a gang banger kills another or an innocent person?? When the cops are involved everyone in the hood is a chatterbox.
Because the police aren't going to retaliate against a so called snitch. Its a little disturbing that you would enjoy burying your child because they made a mistake but hey thats you.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
So he turned around and said "Hey shoot me in the back".
once in the rear left shoulder, twice in his back thighs, twice in the front thighs, once in his left side and once in his lower left forearm

Got shot in the front first then turned around to avoid getting hit anymore.. do you get it??

Old 03-13-2013, 06:19 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,537,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
This is true, know from family and some still in the Caribbean.
They are not working class, so it is more than that.
That Williams and Barron were ever voted in (anywhere) in unbelievable to me. Both have done a lot of harm. Unfortunately, a few of Barron's "staff" live in Harlem, consider themselves activists. They have found partners in the newly-arrived "do gooders."

Its worse with the working class who lack the educational or intellectual ability to analyze the problem, develop solutions, and get outside help if necessary. Also because they live in the ghetto their kids are more prone to negative influences from poor African American kids who have all the pathologies that we often speak of.

Jumaane Williams disappoints me as I really think that he is intelligent and means well. The problem is he believes in a culture which blames society for every thing, doesnt allow individual agency to direct one's fortunes in life, and thinks that a social program solves all problems.

As you often say racism is a fact of life and the best way to ensure that the racists win is to behave stereotypically as one merely proves their point. This is the traditional Caribbean approach, though this is less powerful among more recent immigrants, and among those raised in the USA.

Barron is a hustler who fails to understand that Jesse and Al have changed their tactics and that no one has any time for loud con men pretending to help the poor. I understood where he was coming from when he eagerly voted for a big pay increase several years ago when programs were being cut.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
once in the rear left shoulder, twice in his back thighs, twice in the front thighs, once in his left side and once in his lower left forearm

Got shot in the front first then turned around to avoid getting hit anymore.. do you get it??
Can you verify the source determining the order in which the bullets entered his body?

Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,537,023 times
Quote:
If you're a cop and you can't defend yourself, you're a joke. I don't care how tall or fat or whatever you are. It appears to me that none of this had to happen. But its all good since the "undesirables" are killed though, right?

Because the police aren't going to retaliate against a so called snitch. Its a little disturbing that you would enjoy burying your child because they made a mistake but hey thats you.
I see you represent the opposite problem from the angry white racists. The blame blacks fore every thing and pretend as if NYC pre 1945 was a paradise.

You pretend as if young black kids can do what they want, enagge in self destructive behavior like walking around with guns, and then blame society when they get into trouble.

A kid who has agun isnt engaging in youthful ischief. He is behaving like a thug with scant regard FOPR OTHER BLACK people, who they normally prey on. Their insistence in behaving like a stereotype allows white racists to then stigmatize ALL blacks.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:

A human vs a deadly weapon is an unfair fight. If you take out a deadly weapon, you can expect the other person to react in a defensive matter.

Did you understand the question?? When an innocent person is killed by a gang banger, etc no one speaks up about it since no one wants to be a snitch. But when cops are involved everyone is a chatterbox.

My nephews have no reason to join a gang. People join gangs due to lack of family, protection, money, etc. I am very involved in the lives of my nephews; my sis and her husband are also very involved in their lives. If i see them going down this path i would definitely do my best to intervene.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Can you verify the source determining the order in which the bullets entered his body?
Can you verify that they actually shot him while running away?? (so they shot him in the back, flipped him over and shot him in the front??)

I remember in another post you said he stood his ground. This would mean he was facing the cops, correct?

Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Can you verify that they actually shot him while running away?? (so they shot him in the back, flipped him over and shot him in the front??)

I remember in another post you said he stood his ground. This would mean he was facing the cops, correct?
Obviously I didn't see the reports about the autopsy. There have been previous reports about him running away and reports that he was shot while on the ground.

Quote:
A human vs a deadly weapon is an unfair fight. If you take out a deadly weapon, you can expect the other person to react in a defensive matter.

Did you understand the question?? When an innocent person is killed by a gang banger, etc no one speaks up about it since no one wants to be a snitch. But when cops are involved everyone is a chatterbox.

My nephews have no reason to join a gang. People join gangs due to lack of family, protection, money, etc. I am very involved in the lives of my nephews; my sis and her husband are also very involved in their lives. If i see them going down this path i would definitely do my best to intervene.
@bolded did you understand reality? A gang will harm/kill an informant while the police won't. Couple with long standing distrust of the police and you have the reason why people don't "snitch".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City