Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,923,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslist View Post
I wonder if that eye witness is black.

You know they gon' keep it real for they folk.
This has nothing to do with being black. It involves adherence to a set of cultural imperatives that happen, here, to be the privilege of those many would identify as "black."

The witness is one Tishana King. There are also some hearsay accounts, "my daughter said she heard" and similar. There are many statements involving "Kiki would never have ...."

If that's what you meant to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 01:43 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,529,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
You're working under the assumption that I'm white. You're wrong as I'm not.

Oh yes I am aware that there are many blacks who think that they are white until on a dark night some cops shows them otherwise. Indeed many of you hate other blacks as much as some whites do. Think that your class protects you, but many of us know it doesnt in encounters with cops (of any race) and with non blacks who love to take the acts of a few blacks to determine how the rest of us should be treated.

And also some upper middle class Caribbean blacks, until their son attracts a cop to their door, despite their son not having been any where near a crime.....oooh they think it only happens to undesirables who deserve it, thus bringing all their snobbery from the Caribbean.

And if you arent black then it changes nothing as many Hispanics wrap themselves up in "whiteness" and harbor seriously anti black attitudes, even though that community suffers from the same problems. Indeed some affluent African Americans are just as bad when they view working class Caribbean and African blacks.

If you are black American you are even MORE ignorant of the immigrant experience and the impact, especially on working class families. Where parents work long hours, the kids are caught up between their parents rules and the expactations of their peers, and the larger society undermines the ability of these parents to enforce discipline the way they know how, sometimes even siding with kids who plainly need a good thrashing, to prevent being killed by a cop or a gangbanger.

If there is a larger social problem then it makes sense to discuss it, rather than throwing stones at parents who work long hours rather than selling drugs, or living off welfare, and so arent as attentive to what their sons are up to as would be the case if they didnt work 80 hours a week.

Last edited by caribny; 03-14-2013 at 01:53 PM..

Old 03-14-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Oh yes I am aware that there are many blacks who think that they are white until on a dark night some cops shows them otherwise. Indeed many of you hate other blacks a smuch as some whites do.
I have not exactly seen this.
With family and friends and especially my significant other I see a real hatred of ghetto culture. No sympathy whatsoever.
I am also fed up but I have some sympathy.

Old 03-14-2013, 02:45 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,759,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Oh yes I am aware that there are many blacks who think that they are white until on a dark night some cops shows them otherwise. Indeed many of you hate other blacks as much as some whites do. Think that your class protects you, but many of us know it doesnt in encounters with cops (of any race) and with non blacks who love to take the acts of a few blacks to determine how the rest of us should be treated.

And also some upper middle class Caribbean blacks, until their son attracts a cop to their door, despite their son not having been any where near a crime.....oooh they think it only happens to undesirables who deserve it, thus bringing all their snobbery from the Caribbean.

And if you arent black then it changes nothing as many Hispanics wrap themselves up in "whiteness" and harbor seriously anti black attitudes, even though that community suffers from the same problems. Indeed some affluent African Americans are just as bad when they view working class Caribbean and African blacks.

If you are black American you are even MORE ignorant of the immigrant experience and the impact, especially on working class families. Where parents work long hours, the kids are caught up between their parents rules and the expactations of their peers, and the larger society undermines the ability of these parents to enforce discipline the way they know how, sometimes even siding with kids who plainly need a good thrashing, to prevent being killed by a cop or a gangbanger.

If there is a larger social problem then it makes sense to discuss it, rather than throwing stones at parents who work long hours rather than selling drugs, or living off welfare, and so arent as attentive to what their sons are up to as would be the case if they didnt work 80 hours a week.
Are the only races that exist in your mind black, white and Hispanic? *waits for the diatribe about other races' cultures he presumes to be familiar with*

Old 03-14-2013, 02:48 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,386,331 times
What time is tonight's riot?

Old 03-14-2013, 02:54 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,553,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
In fact, according to most recent news stories, the medical examiner has determined that he was facing police when he was shot.

One of the stories includes a photograph of the "eyewitness," leaning from her 3rd floor apartment window and pointing to the place (a block down the street) where, she insists, he stood with no gun in his hand.
Yea, they showed a picture from the window in the paper. You can barely see the hands in broad daylight of the passerby walking down the street in the photo.....

Old 03-14-2013, 03:01 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,687,616 times
I have always said what if all cops put their blinders on and did nothing? Every 2 weeks they still get a paycheck. No other race since 1990 has benefited more from police protection than the black race.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
I have always said what if all cops put their blinders on and did nothing? Every 2 weeks they still get a paycheck. No other race since 1990 has benefited more from police protection than the black race.
Which members of the "black race" ?

Old 03-14-2013, 05:00 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,687,616 times
Pick a predominately black area in NYC. Crime has dropped precipitously in these areas. The biggest victim of crimes are blacks in NYC. The biggest perp is blacks.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,074,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
What is the uncle supposed to do about that? Anyway the guy brings up good points. The cops were plainclothes so we have to consider that. And the revolver point has weight. Also, just because someone is in a gang doesn't mean they are terrible, evil, devil worshipers or whatever you people think. Yes, gangs do destructive things before you people attack me. If your child was in a gang would you disown them?

From what i gather, these cops probably didn't identify themselves as NYPD causing Gray to think they were going to kill him, like they killed his brother, so he attempted to retaliate.
It looks like his bro rose from the dead..

Kimani also has a scary older brother who belongs to the Bloods and has made threats to the police in the past.

Read more: Mom of Brooklyn teen killed in clash with cops calls for peace after three days of violent protests: 'I don't condone any riots' - NY Daily News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City