Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,374,651 times

Advertisements

As soon as you give it a rest availableuselessname, I will do the same.

Airborne: I am glad you are bringing actual facts to the table. It is a refreshing change. If you have an intelligent position based on facts, and draw logical conclusions, even if I disagree with them, nobody should dismiss that. I do not dismiss that, and encourage such a healthy discussion.

When you say "nobody can tell me I can't defend myself", and then build an entire argument based on that outright lie, well that is the definition of rhetoric, which is what you have been spinning. Nowhere will you find a law that says "Americans cannot defend themselves", yet that is the rhetoric spun over and over again. You can't have a surface to air missil and landmines under the guise of "I have to defend myself and family" either....but based on your "I have to defend myself" argument, you should!

So let's talk openly and honestly. Or you can just keep shouting "Freedom!" and "I have to defend myself" rhetoric...it's up to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 09:14 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
As soon as I give what a rest?

Lol at "surface to air missiles". Dude, step away from the computer and take some deep breathes. I'm borderline worried about you.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 AM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
So let's talk openly and honestly. Or you can just keep shouting "Freedom!" and "I have to defend myself" rhetoric...it's up to you.
I'll pass. I'm not adjusting my statements to please you only to get the same tired straw-man absurdities you always come up with tossed back at me. You can discuss based on what I've written, just as we've been forced to with you, or you can ignore it.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 AM

Available: I'll be ok...but if you are really worried about me, feel free to send me off on a nice vacation replete with massages, luxury ocean views, and a private butler. I might even stay off city-data to let you run amok. Maybe.

Airborne: Sounds like it will be more of the same then. So be it.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Italianuser..these people use their own made-up facts, then create illogicall arguments with false conclusions to support their preconceived notions. In their world, crime does not exist in Texas because everyone is strapped and loaded, therefore we should all be strapped and loaded!
Not only Texas has a lot of crime, but also the majority of texans don't carry guns: I used to live in Texas, and I can assure the so-called freedom-lovers that rapes, random killings, home invasions as well as road rage shootings are unfortunately quite frequent in Texas... in fact the South is overall the most violent region.
But don't tell gun nuts such facts, their heads could explode
P.S. "an armed society is a polite society" mantra is just GARBAGE

Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,005 times
Oh you forgot to add that there are 1,000,000 illegals in Texas who commit most of the crime, especially in the larger cities. It would be chaos there if the population was unarmed ala Bloomberg.

So much for your one sided liberal analysis...let me guess, you went to school there...that's not living there.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 AM

Yes 30to66, you have already blamed the browns and blacks for ruining the perfect Utopia that existed only in your head. We get it..they have ruined the world, and in fact have robbed and assaulted the aliens which have landed here, which is why they are never coming back.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:23 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,005 times
I see you are sunbathing again on De Nile.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
I love that I can say these things because no one will ever believe it, but I'm literally helping someone build an AR right now.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:03 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Oh you forgot to add that there are 1,000,000 illegals in Texas who commit most of the crime, especially in the larger cities. It would be chaos there if the population was unarmed ala Bloomberg.

So much for your one sided liberal analysis...let me guess, you went to school there...that's not living there.
Wrong.
I lived and worked there
Also, there are several illegals in NYC... as well as - OH MY GOD - black and brown people
Yet, NYC's crime rate is actually lower than Houston and Dallas' ones
Sorry if things work differently in real life... but your statements confirm the fact that NRA members are PARANOID.
Period.
Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City