Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:09 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilksFavoriteCookie View Post
What US has is called social apartheid and it will never change for YEARS to come despite having a bi-racial president. Generation Y may be more accepting, but they be damned before another minority supersedes them in status. DAMNED. You often see this in the workplace. For example:

None of the next NFL coaches selected were black.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see how hypocritical this nation is and in fact many immigrants that see the inequality here are disgusted by it. Well when in Rome right? Truth be told, many minorities could give a **** if they are being mistreated. It's not like whips and chains exist anymore. They just want to achieve success in life. The common issues minorities face are only the following:

Education
Health
Opportunity
Equal pay
Respect

Speaking of respect, its funny. It's like everyone wants A minority as a friend to prove to the world "I'm not racist." As soon as a minority takes your job, "who are you?" Hypocrites at their finest. The problem with Generation Y today is that they are ****ing racists in disguise. Like Shakespeare said, daggers in men's smiles. They want minorities to succeed, but at the same time they want minorities BENEATH them. Pure and simple no sugar coating. Screw all the stupid physiological debates, reports, essays. I'm talking about what goes on the real world and why only 3.8% of the fortune 500 companies are run by a Black, Indian, Asian, Mexican, etc.
The problem with Generation Y aka Millennials is not that they are racist especially since this generation is more culturally and racially open, plus this generation is also more open to representing more than one race or ethnicity. The problem is that Millennials is economics such as money, class and entitlements as well as the narcissism that exist in this generation that I'm apart of. I often tell out of town white Transplants that I have visited the Amazon rainforest and all of the sudden they want to be more than Facebook friends. Another question Millennials ask is that what college or institution I attended, or alma mater. I even came across out of town Asians and black people who act almost identical to out of town white millennial Transplants, one out of town black woman told me Harlem ewww, that place is ghetto, and she coats all New Yorkers regardless of race as opportunistic and uneducated lowlifes. Sad thing is that she is also an Olympian and she thinks like this! I have to say Millennials are classist.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-30-2013 at 05:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 05:29 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The problem with Generation Y aka Millennials is not that they are racist especially since this generation is more culturally and racially open, plus this generation is also more open to representing more than one race or ethnicity. The problem is that Millennials is economics such as money, class and entitlements as well as the narcissism that exist in this generation that I'm apart of. I often tell out of town white Transplants that I have visited the Amazon rainforest and all of the sudden they want to be more than Facebook friends. Another question Millennials ask is that what college or institution I attended, or alma mater. I even came across out of town Asians and black people who act almost identical to out of town white millennial Transplants, one out of town black woman told me Harlem ewww, that place is ghetto, and she coats all New Yorkers regardless of race as opportunistic and uneducated lowlifes. Sad thing is that she is also an Olympian and she thinks like this! I have to say Millennials are classist.
Dude, there will be people of all ages, sexes, races, and from all locations who will ask what college or institution someone attended. That happens in social circles in which you have large numbers of educated people. This can also be important in job interviews, etc.

And plenty of native born New Yorkers have been classist, please. If you lived in a nice part of town you simply did not go to certain neighborhoods.

You put so many ridiculous labels on people to the point in which no one is going to be able to discuss anything with you, because you're spouting utter offensive nonsense.

And who are you, who calls himself BronxGuyanese, to call an out of towner a transplant in a derogative way? That out of towner could have been from a family that has been in the US for centuries! Are you even a US citizen, and if so, are you a naturalized one or just a first generation native born American? Because if your family is from Guyana, you and your family are transplants as much as anyone!

And to be completely honest, I have to say this to some people from third world countries (or whose parents come such places). For those of you who are so bitter in the US, why stay here? Were things so incomparably crappy back home that you are utterly desperate to stay?

Old 03-30-2013, 09:09 PM

40 posts, read 72,992 times
This thread has reignited my hatred for transplant, hipster, douchebag nasally speaking arseh0les. Sigh. Ghetto folks annoy me too but not this much.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:25 PM

40 posts, read 72,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Dude, there will be people of all ages, sexes, races, and from all locations who will ask what college or institution someone attended. That happens in social circles in which you have large numbers of educated people. This can also be important in job interviews, etc.

And plenty of native born New Yorkers have been classist, please. If you lived in a nice part of town you simply did not go to certain neighborhoods.

You put so many ridiculous labels on people to the point in which no one is going to be able to discuss anything with you, because you're spouting utter offensive nonsense.

And who are you, who calls himself BronxGuyanese, to call an out of towner a transplant in a derogative way? That out of towner could have been from a family that has been in the US for centuries! Are you even a US citizen, and if so, are you a naturalized one or just a first generation native born American? Because if your family is from Guyana, you and your family are transplants as much as anyone!

And to be completely honest, I have to say this to some people from third world countries (or whose parents come such places). For those of you who are so bitter in the US, why stay here? Were things so incomparably crappy back home that you are utterly desperate to stay?

Usually, when a person moves from country A to country B, we call them immigrants. Just sayin'...

Old 03-30-2013, 10:45 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post

Dude Im a 1st generation American and New Yorker. Im not a immigrant. I did not say anything negative about out of towners, did I say anything negative? No. If you find the word Transplant, fly over country, out of towner or even suburban rejects, offensive to you, than you have a problem. Sorry if you feel offended. Look I have been through most NYC neighborhoods with no to little problems in all sorts of times, weather and season. NYC not thay its classist but its a segregationist place were some people choose to seperate from other people due to ethnicity and or income. Wtf is wrong with this guy. You asking if Im a U. S. citizen? You want me to scan a Govt document issued to me since birth and post it on city data for you to see, or do you want to see my selective service card? Who tf you think you are, you sound like one of those disgruntled Tea Party followers who wanted to know if President Obama is American. You my friend you closet elitest you should be happy for immigrants who cook your food, or be a mother full time fill in mom for some women woman on the UWS whos does not have capability to be in his or childs life cause of work and $$$$$$. Just be thankful for immigrants.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-30-2013 at 11:37 PM..

Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandslap View Post
This thread has reignited my hatred for transplant, hipster, douchebag nasally speaking arseh0les. Sigh. Ghetto folks annoy me too but not this much.
Must agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City