Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:02 AM

163 posts, read 483,077 times

Advertisements

it makes sense livingsingle, I get your point! I agree with there are people who abuse the system...just know that not everyone living in NYCHA is doing that but like I said I do get your point...good day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 06:53 PM

25 posts, read 71,294 times
Unless u are married or havec more kids they will not transfer u plus u and ur daughter is the same sex

Old 04-02-2019, 07:42 AM

9 posts, read 8,922 times
I live in a 1 bedroom NYCHA apartment with my 10 year old daughter and my husband. I've applied for a transfer 8 years ago and still havent received a transfer. The floor that I live in, 3 apartments with 2 bedrooms have been vacant but is been occupy while I'm still waiting. Like I said before, is my husband, daughter and myself all sharing a 1 bedroom. Need help!!!

Old 04-02-2019, 08:30 AM

12,740 posts, read 8,157,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kily View Post
I live in a 1 bedroom NYCHA apartment with my 10 year old daughter and my husband. I've applied for a transfer 8 years ago and still havent received a transfer. The floor that I live in, 3 apartments with 2 bedrooms have been vacant but is been occupy while I'm still waiting. Like I said before, is my husband, daughter and myself all sharing a 1 bedroom. Need help!!!
You could always move to a market rate two bedroom and pay regular rent like the rest of us do. Just a thought...

Old 04-02-2019, 08:45 AM

6,652 posts, read 5,923,562 times
Quote:
NYCHA is very badly administered. I know of people who are living alone in three bedroom apartments.

Old 04-02-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You could always move to a market rate two bedroom and pay regular rent like the rest of us do. Just a thought...
The apartment I'm currently living in (1 bedroom) I'm paying 1,150 and when I renew my lease, I'm going to be paying more because of my income increase. So to quote you, I am paying regular rent, not $500 dollars like how some people assume that those who are living in NYCHA pay a little bit in rent. I've actually been applying for affordable housing because I know for a fact i will be paying less especially if i do ever get the 2 bedroom apartment living in NYCHA. Some people need to do their research when it comes to NYCHA, teachers, cops and other high paying salary job have people living in NYCHA. There is thing call flat rate and 30% of people income is how the rent is calculated.

So my friend, educate me on what is a regular rent???

Old 04-02-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
NYCHA is very badly administered. I know of people who are living alone in three bedroom apartments.
I was told it was worse before, the housing managers were the ones in responsible on moving tenants to their correct household size but they would either give it to whom they had preference or even sell it. It was so corrupted before but now is base on a computer system that selects tenants base on their priority. The housing manager still needs to submit the tenant's application which they review it and pass it along to some other people. But what irks me the most is how in the world they dont see how 1 person is living in a 3 bedroom apartment.... like helloooooo, when they renew the lease and see only 1 name under a 3 bedroom apt, like transfer them ASAP and have those who really need it and will definitely pay much more in rent have it. Smh

Old 04-04-2019, 03:30 AM

19 posts, read 12,466 times
I wouldn't let my kid live in a NYCHA apartement with all the lead and mold and rats.I say move.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:53 AM

766 posts, read 503,384 times
Quote:
I was told it was worse before, the housing managers were the ones in responsible on moving tenants to their correct household size but they would either give it to whom they had preference or even sell it. It was so corrupted before but now is base on a computer system that selects tenants base on their priority. The housing manager still needs to submit the tenant's application which they review it and pass it along to some other people. But what irks me the most is how in the world they dont see how 1 person is living in a 3 bedroom apartment.... like helloooooo, when they renew the lease and see only 1 name under a 3 bedroom apt, like transfer them ASAP and have those who really need it and will definitely pay much more in rent have it. Smh
NYCHA is incapable on making common sense decisions. Blame city employees, also they rarely kick people out their apartments even to move single households to a smaller unit. You just have to wait and wait....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery