Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times

Advertisements

Malcolm Smith is a democrat and just switched parties for the sake of hoping to get elected. His policies are liberal nonetheless.

The black chick from rockland county, she is also a democrat. Both parties were caught in this bribery. And just imagine what other under the table deals have been going on that haven't been exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 08:12 AM

It just came out on the news that a Bronx democrat politician by the name of Stevenson was arrested for bribery. They have him on tape.And I bet there are more out there .

Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
There are plenty of crooks on both sides of the aisle. To call out a specific party is looking at a pixel and not the entire picture, IMO.

What's more intriguing to me is that this guy is a Democrat wanting to run as a republican in a city that is overwhelmingly democrat. Yes, I know Guiliniani won twice as a republican, but seriously.... what were the chances of 'this' guy beating the somewhat popular Christine Quinn and the well oiled democratic machine?

almost non-existent.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 AM

675 posts, read 1,255,883 times
The entire system is corrupt

Old 04-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
There are plenty of crooks on both sides of the aisle. To call out a specific party is looking at a pixel and not the entire picture, IMO.

What's more intriguing to me is that this guy is a Democrat wanting to run as a republican in a city that is overwhelmingly democrat. Yes, I know Guiliniani won twice as a republican, but seriously.... what were the chances of 'this' guy beating the somewhat popular Christine Quinn and the well oiled democratic machine?

almost non-existent.
Yes crooks on both sides. The news article said that despite Malcolm Smith not having a prayer to win as Mayor on either party, being on the ballot allowed him to generate money and create funds which he would use for personal use and cover up the expense as a business expense when in reality it wasn't.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:23 PM

916 posts, read 2,245,914 times
Call me cynical, but I think 99% of the politician are corrupt. The only difference between
them is some got caught, and the others did not. When you vote, you just try to vote for
the lesser of the evil in your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City