Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 04:11 PM

4 posts, read 13,579 times

Advertisements

Hello again,

The ticket says that I have to answer within 15 days but when I called them up they said that that's only if you are using the mail option. Since I was going above 31 mph above the limit, I am required to appear in person. Do I need to do anything in 15 days or can I wait for the ticket to show online and then get a court date?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 06:05 AM

4 posts, read 13,579 times
hello again, can somebody please reply to my post above. sorry, my deadline is coming soon, so I have to ask again.

Thanks once again!

Old 10-27-2014, 08:33 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,295,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Bottom line is you have received a ticket from HWY 3. Good luck winning that one. They can recite their testimony with their eyes closed. The cop will show. If its adjourned he will show then as well. The reason being is that if they don't they lose their vacation time. The only way he doesn't show is if he retires!
Those HWY 3 cops are real arrogant SOB's. There is one who lives on Tysens Lane in Staten Island not too far from me. He is so in love with him self and the fact that he was or is HWY 3. He drives a new black Ford Taurus all done up like an NYPD under cover HWY patrol car, he has a HUGE HWY 3 NYPD placard in the back window for all the world to see, and he has personalized HWY plates. He sits in his car for hours at a time with it running, he drives around the neighborhood like a jerk off cutting people off, tail gating, driving against traffic to pass a car. flicking butts out the window with no regard for the enviorment

I see the guy in the 7-11 parking lot just sitting his car attempting to give intimidating stares to people. The guy is a joke. I'm assuming that he is on the job or retired.If he isn't affiliated with the NYPD and is playing a wannabe cop game then he has more serious mental issues then I thought.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:35 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,295,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viveksingla View Post
hello again, can somebody please reply to my post above. sorry, my deadline is coming soon, so I have to ask again.

Thanks once again!
You are either going to have to come back and answer the ticket or hire an attorney to represent you, or just pay the ticket. To my knowledge NYS doesn't report to outside state DMV. So just pay it and be done with it.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:09 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,806,953 times
Get a good lawyer but I don't think the lawyer's plan will work. Cops usually show and they get paid to.

If it's a reckless driving ticket (seems it might be given it's 32+) expect double insurance costs for your car.

Your type of speeding ticket is so common in the court system that there just aren't too many ways around it. If there are any lawyers here please share with us what's the best options (hard to believe them cause they want your money too.)

Old 11-17-2014, 12:59 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,524,902 times
where are the posts regarding the speeding tickets given by cameras in school zones? when is de blasio up for re-election? we need to get someone to get rid of these things

Old 11-17-2014, 01:08 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,930,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
where are the posts regarding the speeding tickets given by cameras in school zones? when is de blasio up for re-election? we need to get someone to get rid of these things
I got hit with one a few months ago in Queens. You learn from them and drive more carefully next time...especially from the streets with cameras.

Old 11-17-2014, 01:26 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,524,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
I got hit with one a few months ago in Queens. You learn from them and drive more carefully next time...especially from the streets with cameras.
i got one at the ocean parkway exit off the belt, where 6,000 tickets have been issued in a single day. you know what ive never seen in that spot? a kid crossing the street. its great that they have reduced the number of kids hit by cars there from zero to zero and managed to increase revenue by millions of dollars.

Sheepshead Bites » Blog Archive Speed Camera Issued 6,000 Tickets In One Day At Belt Parkway Exit Ramp, Says Councilman (Updated) » Sheepshead Bay News Blog

Sheepshead Bites » Blog Archive Locals Say Speed Camera Placed At Belt Parkway Exit Ramp Is Unfair » Sheepshead Bay News Blog

Old 11-17-2014, 01:31 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,930,754 times
Quote:
i got one at the ocean parkway exit off the belt, where 6,000 tickets have been issued in a single day. you know what ive never seen in that spot? a kid crossing the street. its great that they have reduced the number of kids hit by cars there from zero to zero and managed to increase revenue by millions of dollars.

Sheepshead Bites » Blog Archive Speed Camera Issued 6,000 Tickets In One Day At Belt Parkway Exit Ramp, Says Councilman (Updated) » Sheepshead Bay News Blog

Sheepshead Bites » Blog Archive Locals Say Speed Camera Placed At Belt Parkway Exit Ramp Is Unfair » Sheepshead Bay News Blog
It's all a money grab....the cameras can be placed anywhere that's near a school.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:30 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,634,180 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
It's all a money grab....the cameras can be placed anywhere that's near a school.
You are right, and you know why it's a money grab? Because they don't put any signs to show there's a camera. If they honestly wanted drivers to slow down, there would be a giant sign before every camera that says "SLOW DOWN, PHOTO RADAR UP AHEAD". That would stop 99.9% of speeders, mission accomplished.

But that's not their goal, they're happy to have people keep speeding so they can collect more fines to pay union pensions and extra weeks of paid vacation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City