Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
And honestly man I really don't think Bushwick is gentrifying... Gentrifying means higher income folk replacing lower income folk... That really isn't happening in Bushwick... It's for sure happening in Bed-stuy and certain sections of Crown Heights but to me, the reality of Bushwick is that it's hipsterfying and mainly only along one border... Unless they concentrate their efforts on that section without rents reaching astronomical heights...the changes for the foreseeable future will continue to be minimal...
Not only income, could be revenue as well. I don't live in Bushwick, but I definitely spend more money there today than I ever have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 09:54 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
What about the area around Wyckoff Heights Medical Center? Is that considered Bushwick or Ridgewood? It is a nice area.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:24 PM

43 posts, read 76,712 times
LOL. Bushwick is a **** hole.

A girl I know got slammed against a brick wall, knocked out and mugged there a month ago.

Why the F would you live there?

Old 04-20-2013, 12:40 AM

273 posts, read 1,061,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
Same here. My parents are from PR, I was born in NYC, but I am Southern European looking as reflected from my Spanish background. I have never felt discriminated against in any nightlife venue in this city and I hang out everywhere from the high end places on the West Side to Bedford Ave to Harlem.

The ghetto people are the most non-accepting, close minded of them all. Bring on the hipsters. The girls are cuter too. They're not overweight and actually take care of themself...
LMAO! have you seen how american women/girls dress in nyc? i was out with my girlfriend one day who often wears a dress (she is from europe where being feminine is not something politically incorrect where feminists will hunt you down) when we go outside and she said she would see so many people looking at her weird. i told her, yeah, you aren't wearing a grey-colored masculine hoodie or other manly gear. you actually look like a female should.

look around. look at the nasty male-looking girls/women of nyc because of how they dress. no makeup, no jewelry, nothing feminine about them. just got out of bed and threw on some masculine clothes. disgusting.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
What about the area around Wyckoff Heights Medical Center? Is that considered Bushwick or Ridgewood? It is a nice area.
Bushwick. Some old timers from the neighborhood who have now left for the suburbs might call it Ridgewood. I've met people who lived around their decades ago say they were from Ridgewood, Brooklyn. Today there is no such thing.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLjustLOL View Post
LOL. Bushwick is a **** hole.

A girl I know got slammed against a brick wall, knocked out and mugged there a month ago.

Why the F would you live there?
LOL just LOL...

Old 04-20-2013, 10:34 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4 View Post
LMAO! have you seen how american women/girls dress in nyc? i was out with my girlfriend one day who often wears a dress (she is from europe where being feminine is not something politically incorrect where feminists will hunt you down) when we go outside and she said she would see so many people looking at her weird. i told her, yeah, you aren't wearing a grey-colored masculine hoodie or other manly gear. you actually look like a female should.

look around. look at the nasty male-looking girls/women of nyc because of how they dress. no makeup, no jewelry, nothing feminine about them. just got out of bed and threw on some masculine clothes. disgusting.
Number one, how should a female look? Its an individual person's choice as to how the dress? Make up, jewelry and all cost money and take time to put on and deal with. Also, clothes and make up do not make someone female or feminine (plenty of drag queens wear make up, wigs, dresses, and heels). What makes you feminine is truly biological.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:33 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Bushwick. Some old timers from the neighborhood who have now left for the suburbs might call it Ridgewood. I've met people who lived around their decades ago say they were from Ridgewood, Brooklyn. Today there is no such thing.
Ridgewood/Glendale/Bushwick all used to share the same zipcode back in the day and even sections of Forest ave would say Brooklyn NY... This changed in the 70s after the riots... 11227 changed to 11237 in Bushwick and 11385 became Ridgewood/Glendale...

Old 04-22-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Ridgewood/Glendale/Bushwick all used to share the same zipcode back in the day and even sections of Forest ave would say Brooklyn NY... This changed in the 70s after the riots... 11227 changed to 11237 in Bushwick and 11385 became Ridgewood/Glendale...
Did 11227 serve all of modern day 11237 and 11385 prior to Ridgewood/Glendale breaking away? From Morgan and Wilson aves all the way to Woodhaven Blvd?

Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
If the area of Wyckoff Heights Medical is Bushwick, then there is a possibility of gentrification. The streets are already very clean, and is not so "hood" despite the demographics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City