Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 07:04 AM

43 posts, read 199,233 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Haven't seen these posted online anywhere therefore I will post them. Good luck.

80/20 building

Mercedes House Phase 2 This was a lottery from a year ago I guess there's still a few apartments left over. My aunt was just rejected from them 3 weeks ago for poor payment history.
http://www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/download...on-section.pdf

West 77th Street Apartments
http://www.phippsny.org/uploads/docu...1364819825.pdf

66 Rockwell Place- I believe this is near the Barclays Center Downtown Brooklyn
http://cmpconsultants.com/uploads/66...sed_4.2.13.pdf

I even seen some for Seniors

Crown Heights Senior Apartments
https://www.nychdc.com/content/pdf/P...%20Heights.pdf

Howard Beach Senior Apartments
Applications Available for the New Howard Beach Senior Apartments - Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens

Good Luck everyone hope this helps someone!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 AM

57 posts, read 128,637 times
Where did you find these links? I'm searching for more options

Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM

These are links I found myself for others. They were not posted on the nyc hpd website for some reason or another. If you are searching for others try googling 80/20 apartments, mitchell lama housing and so forth. If you're willing to tell me the area you want to live in whether or not you have good credit I can do a quick search for you. That of course is entirely up to you.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 PM

31 posts, read 60,025 times
Hi! Just saw your post. I will be moving to NYC in July. I've been looking at the UWS or UES as the areas I want to live in. My credit isn't that great. I'm working with a company now to get get it up a little. I heard they require excellent credit for places in NYC. But I am also willing to put down more for a down-payment. Do you know of any other lotteries or places to look?

Old 05-08-2013, 08:09 AM

31 posts, read 60,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbkshorty View Post
These are links I found myself for others. They were not posted on the nyc hpd website for some reason or another. If you are searching for others try googling 80/20 apartments, mitchell lama housing and so forth. If you're willing to tell me the area you want to live in whether or not you have good credit I can do a quick search for you. That of course is entirely up to you.
Hi! Just saw your post. I will be moving to NYC in July. I've been looking at the UWS or UES as the areas I want to live in. My credit isn't that great. I'm working with a company now to get get it up a little. I heard they require excellent credit for places in NYC. But I am also willing to put down more for a down-payment. Do you know of any other lotteries or places to look?

Old 05-08-2013, 12:26 PM

They don't budge for these programs. Credit has to be really good seriously.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:01 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
You're a hard worker shorty...Thank You.

Sort of a Catch-22 to demand an income level in the low $20,000, i.e., a household that has been behind the eight-ball for years, and then demand a superb credit rating. Almost stand-up comic stuff.

Hmmm, Rockwell Place sound SO familiar. Perhaps it was a street I parked on years ago to go to BAM?

Old 05-08-2013, 05:36 PM

10 posts, read 22,922 times
Hi,

I just applied for the mercedes house last month and went in for my interview last week. The interview went well, they asked for my additional 15 to do the background check. I know they have already contacted my landlord. My question is I have an IRA that is about 5k but I didnt write that down onto the account information for fear that I will be over the income limit...can they find this out anyway without me giving them the account information? I really need this apartment, its so hard trying to afford living in the city.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
You're a hard worker shorty...Thank You.

Sort of a Catch-22 to demand an income level in the low $20,000, i.e., a household that has been behind the eight-ball for years, and then demand a superb credit rating. Almost stand-up comic stuff.

Hmmm, Rockwell Place sound SO familiar. Perhaps it was a street I parked on years ago to go to BAM?
Yes I find myself checking affordable housing websites daily since finding this site 2yrs ago lol. I am also on the waiting list for a moderate income building called normandie court! It's on the UES great school district in an 80/20 and the income guidelines are btwn 36k-55k. An much older building but nonetheless

Kefir King I've learned so much reading your replies! Thanks so much!

Old 05-09-2013, 06:17 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Quote:
I am also on the waiting list for a moderate income building called normandie court!
My God,
I know Normandie Court VERY well. I am only a few blocks South so we'd be neighbors. I had no idea it was 80/20...must have been one of the very first.
In fact, 15 years ago when I was in NJ, we got HBO via microwave feed...remember those pointy 3 foot antennas with a couple dozen silver dollar sized metal circles the length. Our online channel selection was called "HBO Microwave: Normandie Court."
How long have you been on the list?

I hope you get in before they open the Second Avenue station right in your basement on the East end...it will become the most convenient location in Manhattan.

Hmmm, 80/20...live and learn.

Last edited by Kefir King; 05-09-2013 at 06:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City