Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 03:50 AM

1 posts, read 18,271 times

Advertisements

I am taking both of these exams in July and recently filed for them and
I wanted to know , since this is the first time these exams are being given out after five years , how long
Would It take to get a call back if I scored high? I know every city job takes about two years to get back to you but these are the only exams that are being given out for the first time after 5 years and I will be one of the first to take them.I filed already for these exams and will be taking them in July 2013.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 09:53 PM

205 posts, read 977,748 times
I took the test in January 2008 and got called off the list may 2010. Takes a while unfortunately. But it's worth the wait.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:09 PM

25 posts, read 131,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephaniekaur View Post
I am taking both of these exams in July and recently filed for them and
I wanted to know , since this is the first time these exams are being given out after five years , how long
Would It take to get a call back if I scored high? I know every city job takes about two years to get back to you but these are the only exams that are being given out for the first time after 5 years and I will be one of the first to take them.I filed already for these exams and will be taking them in July 2013.
Hey, can't find any other message board threads about this test, which is strange since there were so many people there today. Did you take your test yet?

Old 07-12-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGrl13 View Post
I took the test in January 2008 and got called off the list may 2010. Takes a while unfortunately. But it's worth the wait.
Hey CityGrl,

Can you explain a little about the process of being called once the list is established? Do you know if agencies are in need of clerical associates? Thanks.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:31 AM

79 posts, read 156,170 times
Hi,

I took the Clerical Associate (HHC) exam 3017 on 8/5. I wish I has understood the application process more clearly and that I could have applied for other testing, specifically the 3016 exam and the one for position of Secretary. I didn't realize these tests had not been offered for five years. If anyone can give anymore insight into the process after the test has been taken I would appreciate it.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:50 AM

2 posts, read 34,800 times
Keep in mind that there are and were many provisional clerical Associates. Those who already work under the title of clerical associate but are not civial servants ( CITY EMPLOYEES). Those employees have taken the test as well as will have first priority in available positions open being as though they are already working in that position. It can take up to two years. I have taken the test as well and scored a 90%. I have also Scored higher on other city exams and have yet to be calling. You just never know , The best thing to do is to take as many exams as you can and hopefully someone will call sooner or later. Just get your foot in you can always transfer to different agencies. Once you get called some agencies require you to go through an investigation like NYPD, I applied for police administrative aid last year and I am now going through the process. NYPD is a more stricter agency they do a thorough back ground check up until you were in High school. They also take finger prints and you under go a character investigation. I honestly dont think it is worth the pay. Most Newbies do grave yard shift within the precent. I heard it is pretty cut throat and if you dont fit in , you will be outcast. NYPD staff are extremley blunt, mean and can be rude but you have to take it . I guess they want to build tough skin. I am hoping I get called for clerical associate by next year it would be my first choice. You can work in a wide varity of agencies and it is mostly a weekday 8 to 4/ or 9 to 5 schedule unlike Nypd . you only get a schedule like that as my recruiter stated is if they like you or you are related to someone important. Best of luck to you all put God first and every need will be met , He helps those who help themselves so we will be fine . GOODLUCK!

Old 08-21-2013, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Keep in mind that there are and were many provisional clerical Associates. Those who already work under the title of clerical associate but are not civial servants ( CITY EMPLOYEES). Those employees have taken the test as well as will have first priority in available positions open being as though they are already working in that position.
LOL...So someone who got a job from their neighbor 6 months ago, and scored 70% on the exam in the summer, would be offered a position before someone who did not previously work for the City and scored 100% on the exam? It seems most of these tests are given just to generate revenue and it's still not what you know, but who you know.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM

2 posts, read 34,800 times
Unfortunately this is true and I have to agree it is unfair. I agree with you I know so many people who have gone through the process of being called of this list , and has even gone as far as paying their money order $50-$75 for finger prints in addition to $ 5 to $ 10 for and Id and never got called for an appointment. However , they were called the following year and was informed that there was only one training class and now since its a new year they have to get new finger prints paying the fee twice. RIP OFF lol Smh . I asked my Investigator for nypd why dont you fully investigate jobs, families references and make sure there will be sufficient space in a training class before you take peoples money for a back ground investigation. This way if you find that those steps i listed above to be untrue or fraudlient they dont have to waiste their money . She laughed and Stated " That would be to easy" SMH . CRAZY!

Old 12-20-2013, 03:04 PM

Hey Lettie,

Did you get called for NYPD Administrative Aide yet? Did you take the job?

Old 12-21-2013, 04:30 PM

8 posts, read 45,408 times
I also took the Clerical Associate/Secretary exam back in July. One of the clerks mentioned results come in about 5 to 6 months. The HHC is a little different, they called me downtown there were HR reps from several hospitals and they called your name if you were lucky. Hope that process has changed in all these years.

In the meantime, I suggest you take a look at this web site, register so you can apply to some of the positions that do not require exams. I think the 311 call reps was a hot job, but I don't know the deadline for filing.

Here's the link:

Jobs | City of New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City