Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 05:29 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,238,410 times

Advertisements

yes yes, this is another one of those threads.

if you are easily offended, leave the thread immediately.

here is where im going to express my feelings about NYC.

as everyone already knows, this city blows. in almost every single aspect with the exception of one. most of these items you all already know but im going to add everything thats in my mind.

1. its expensive.
2. housing quality is worse than a 3rd world country's.
3. infrastructure is worse than india's. can you say time warner cable?
4. i dont know whats worse here, the food or the food service. or maybe its the food + food service + price of it. terrible. on so many levels. you get [mod]Inappropriate language[/mod food and you pay an absurd price for it.
5. its filthy. all of it. the entire city is worse than a mc donalds toilet on herald sq.
6. LOL @ eating outside a restaurant when the view is garbage bags, smelly people, noise, birds pooping in your head, etc etc.
7. unbelievably uncomfortable restaurants. small, cramped, complete Moderator cut: Inappropriate language.
8. subway system is an embarrassment to the planet. there are 3rd world countries with cleaner subway systems.
9. did i mention that the food is terrible?
10. subway system is often not on schedule and out of service.
11. bus system is terrible. WAY too slow.
12. i went to a mexican place yesterday and they served BAGGED CHIPS. lmao?
13. talking about mexican food, so mexicans here and such terrible mexican food.
14. side walks. HA-HA. more like dog bird, garbage bags, garbage, another episode of hoarders, etc etc. you get the point.
15. LMAO @ not having a washer and dryer in your apt. seriously, people are better off moving to Cambodia.
16. have I mentioned terrible service for food? oh I have? add that to EVERYTHING ELSE, including laundromats. THEY CAN'T EVEN MANAGE TO KEEP YOUR CLOTHES TOGETHER.
17. dont even get me started on the crowded subway. the smelly people.

the list could go on and on but id rather not rustle ur jimmies even more.

I honestly feel bad for people who have never lived anywhere else in this country.

NYC is not america. america actually has a high standard of living, unlike nyc.

enjoy living cause im moving here. also, this place is more like america.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4SQuV6ME7_...agunabeach.jpg

http://www.videosbyvegasbob.com/wp-c...-Swetz-139.jpg

http://hotelweddingblocks.com/wp-con...s_tssew.T0.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...erly_Hills.jpg

oh, I almost forgot the only thing good about NYC:

quantity.

unfortunately quality > quantity so you lose there as well.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-07-2013 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate Language and copyright violations

Old 05-07-2013, 05:33 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,963,555 times
Have fun in paradise.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM

11,195 posts, read 9,026,673 times
Congrats dude! I plan on leaving nyc behind once i pay off my student loans.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,048,789 times
Good luck, bon voyage, auf wiedersehen, adieu.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:54 PM

18,385 posts, read 31,494,900 times
The Versace picture, I was there, and yes, it looks exactly as clean as the picture shows.

Other than the food, I think we do have great food here, but all the rest of your complaints, I absolutely agree.

NYC is absolutely filthy and disgusting. Litter everywhere. You should see the on off ramps to the highways here, litterstrewn

Here in brooklyn they re-did a whole new area with cobblestones, trees and so on......now it is filled with papers, plastic bags, litter every where.

If our mayor would spend more time on the dept of sanitation and stop worrying about us smoking and drinking large sodas, maybe NYC could be cleaner.

I am retiring to Palm Springs California. I have been there many times and love it.
Even the ghetto areas in California are cleaner than our exclusive areas....go figure

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-07-2013 at 07:11 PM..

Old 05-07-2013, 06:00 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,238,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
The Versace picture, I was there, and yes, it looks exactly as clean as the picture shows.

Other than the food, I think we do have great food here, but all the rest of your complaints, I absolutely agree.

NYC is absolutely filthy and disgusting. Litter everywhere. You should see the on off ramps to the highways here, litterstrewn

Here in brooklyn they re-did a whole new area with cobblestones, trees and so on......now it is filled with papers, plastic bags, litter every where.

If our mayor would spend more time on the dept of sanitation and stop worrying about us smoking and drinking large sodas, maybe NYC could be cleaner.

I am retiring to Palm Springs California. I have been there many times and love it.
Even the ghetto areas in California are cleaner than our exclusive areas....go figure
thats funny you mention palm springs.

i was there not too long ago and loved it.

best burrito i ever had was there. La Perlita is the name of the place

Old 05-07-2013, 06:01 PM

9,239 posts, read 24,002,208 times
You weren't here very long.Did you last a year? You weren't even here long enough to change the zip code in your profile.Sorry you couldn't make it here.

Your saga reminds me of another former NYC forum poster,harlemnewbie,who was also from Michigan I think.Her story had the same sad ending.Maybe people from Michigan can't deal with NY.

Last edited by bluedog2; 05-07-2013 at 06:12 PM..

Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,610,080 times
No sense staying in a place you hate. Good luck.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:08 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,584,707 times
pics # 3 and 4 sold me!! when do we leave??!!

Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM

5,511 posts, read 8,715,550 times
NYC isn't for everyone, so I hope you find what you're looking for. But for the life of me I don't get your food compaints. This is one of the best eatin' places on the planet, especially when you know where to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City