Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 08:15 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times

Advertisements

of a truth my supervisor (white and pretty) was transferred to the worst office in the county bek her comments about high drug use and alcohol issues in her district were perceived as a racial attack.
i think the PC game is to a large extent sensor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM

4,316 posts, read 4,188,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
This would have been true...if the county's name north of the Bronx were re-named "Virginia".
You moved again??

Old 06-28-2013, 08:20 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,833,709 times
I don't know what you're talking about and how whatever it is would be important in this thread. Could you elaborate?

Old 06-29-2013, 07:21 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,343,139 times
It is pretty clear we have veered way off topic on this thread (surprise!). I am all for a diversity of opinions, but not the kind that simply make stuff up and assert it as truth because that's the way they see things. Is it helpful in a debate about the earth to have people talk about it being flat? Is it useful and valuable in a conversation about climate to have people insist that the sun revolves around the moon?

And unfortunately, that is alot of what we have historically, not just on this thread, when people discuss the Bronx, or Southern Bronx. You have those who are asserting their opinions that Riverdale is not in the Bronx (!), you have those who moved here a few months ago and have all the answers, you have those who "did alot of research" and therefore state "the facts" about what is happening today in the borough, you have those who "have a friend" who lived there so they know the truth, and you have those who read something about somewhere and regurgitate it with not a thought in their head.

Diversity of opinions is good, so long as they are intelligent and factually based, and there is a dearth of that in these threads and I will call you out on it every time (unless you are one of a few I ignore because you are a lost cause).

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the topic!

Old 06-29-2013, 10:22 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,903,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I am all for a diversity of opinions, but not the kind that simply make stuff up and assert it as truth because that's the way they see things.
Unlike you, of course !
Right ?
Well, luckily we have you around to determine when people are "making stuff up." Let me guess. It's when an opinion differs from your own.

I have a new descriptive term for our current culture - "advanced crystal ball-ism."
So often I see this here.

I am mostly teasing - do not intend to be mean.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:13 PM

13,441 posts, read 15,411,159 times
Hell, I agree with Sobro. I'm all for discussions about my home borough, but the Riverdale thing is gettin' boring now. Do you have to recycle the same stuff in every Bronx related topic?

Old 06-29-2013, 01:10 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,889,069 times
Quote:
Diversity of opinions is good, so long as they are intelligent and factually based, and there is a dearth of that in these threads and I will call you out on it every time (unless you are one of a few I ignore because you are a lost cause).

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the topic!
Factually based? Like the times you claimed the South Bronx is just full of wealthy gays and wealthy white gays? Uh, yeah, right. LOL

And no, I never claimed to know everything about the Bronx or even care to know everything. That's your obsession, for whatever reason.

The thing is, even if someone lived their hole LIVES in an AREA, does not mean what they say about the area should be taken as undisputable fact. On this forum, I've seen people try to pump real estate in certain areas (you're one of them) as well as people try to tear down an area (in the hopes that even more gentrification won't occur there). So if one really needs to know about an area, you'd be better off going there YOURSELF, checking it out, and making your own opinion. And you do not have to live in an area for 20 years to know what you think of an area, whether or not you feel comfortable, etc.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:52 PM

4,316 posts, read 4,188,040 times
Quote:
Lighten up dude, this is a free-for-all internet forum, take-advice-at-your-own-risk, no one-elected-you-judge kinda thing. Sure you can call out the BS, at the same time you don't have the monopoly of what is. Our own viewpoints are different from others. You seem to be an educated man, and you know that same facts can be interpreted in very different ways, let alone that often what we call "facts" are assembled selectively with whatever agenda in mind.

Old 06-29-2013, 02:22 PM

402 posts, read 809,617 times
bunch of babies.... Get over it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City