U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 PM

24 posts, read 29,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree.

There isn't really an average guy cant do. Women in NYC have their defenses up all the time, the only way to penetrate through those firewalls is to one be either good looking or two look like you have some sort of money, that's just it really. If you look goofy, or look like a creep or of you look broke and don't dress right, women will walk away, or even worse if your an Asian male. If your not a social person and your introvert you are going to run into problems with woman, if you're not spiritual, you will run into problems with women. Women in NYC get hit on all the time, some time even ugly and chubby women get hit on.
This is how it is everywhere though I mean come on, men can be pretty shallow. Would you go for a girl you consider ugly and poorly dressed, introvert and creepy? I can't speak for NY women since I'm considered a transplant, but a guy with a nice place and flashy car does not seal the deal for me. I look for what I'm attracted to, personality, and a good heart. And I'm sure I'm not the only woman that thinks that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 09:51 PM

19 posts, read 47,132 times
yeah i live on staten island,

I'm looking for a job that will let me move to queens or brooklyn. And yes I am Asian. lol, I love how things are suppose to be worse if you an Asian guy.

BTW, those penis stereotypes are NOT true.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 PM

56 posts, read 97,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingvendetta View Post

I'm looking for a job that will let me move to queens or brooklyn. And yes I am Asian. lol, I love how things are suppose to be worse if you an Asian guy.

From what I've heard they kind of are lol

Asian guys probably have it the worst. I see Asian women with white guys almost on a daily basis, whereas I've yet to see an Asian guy with a white woman

Old 05-20-2013, 10:15 PM

Hey if it was possible I'll whip mine out and put a ruler next to it. It's NOT true. There's what 4 billion asians? I'm sure some of them have small penis. and I'm sure some black guys have Arizona can penis, but as a whole these stereotypes are not true.

Yeah, I feel like on the totem pole of dating, I'm below the deranged serial killers on rykers island.

My first date was with a white italian woman who used to be my closest friend. You should of seen all the stares we got. It was crazy.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 PM

245 posts, read 265,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinLady99 View Post
This is how it is everywhere though I mean come on, men can be pretty shallow. Would you go for a girl you consider ugly and poorly dressed, introvert and creepy? I can't speak for NY women since I'm considered a transplant, but a guy with a nice place and flashy car does not seal the deal for me. I look for what I'm attracted to, personality, and a good heart. And I'm sure I'm not the only woman that thinks that way.
I was born here and I agree completely. Everyone has a 'type' and there's nothing wrong with that. But I'm not materialistic and I don't care for those who are. I consider that a turnoff.

Quote:

I'll vouch for you, lol. I've dated Taiwanese and Korean guys.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 PM

11,436 posts, read 6,410,146 times
Yeah I'm not having much success with women here :/

I'm Russian, so I'm a foreigner, but you can't really tell that I'm a foreigner until I talk. I don't know if that's what chases girls away. Okay, I used to be really unattractive, but last summer I decided to make myself more presentable to women, so I improved my hygiene significantly, I started working out and decided to make myself a better person. I don't think I'm attractive because my self-esteem is nonexistent, but a lot of Latina girls say that I look attractive, so I'll take their word for it. I don't know why, but Latina girls (except for Puerto Ricans) give me a lot of attention. I mean I do like Latinas (the closest I've ever gotten to a relationship was with Hispanic girls), but my neighborhood is literally the last place to meet them. White girls many times don't even look at me though for some reason, except for other East Europeans. Asian women are like 50/50

Also, whenever I do ask a girl out, it's always the same BS over and over again; "You're ____(insert cute/funny), and I would go out with you, but _____(my parents don't let me date/I just broke up with someone and am not ready for a relationship)"

Every single time, it kind of makes me lose faith in humanity :/

Old 05-21-2013, 12:01 AM

I know a speech teacher that can help you loose your accent. He does speech for acting, Vincent Bagnell. It's in NY. by times square.

I know it's silly, but I wanted to improve my speech. I got lazy but it did help a lot in the first few months I was there.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:47 AM

3,245 posts, read 4,372,617 times
Quote:
What's the deal ...?
Can't imagine why women aren't attracted to a man who chooses "rising vendetta" for a screen name.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:19 AM

706 posts, read 863,088 times
another thread of this nature???

There are 8.2 million people in NYC with 40 million annual tourist. If you are having problems meeting the opposite sex then there is something really wrong with you. Yes, you have to be mindful that 1/3 of the people you meet are going to hate you regardless, 1/3 are going to like you or be open to you, and 1/3 are going to be indifferent towards you (neutral).

How do you attract the opposite sex?
Being a visual candy = Your appearance, the way you dress, your haircut, etc.
Being seen as a potential and stable provider = Your career, finances, etc.
Coming off as a fun time = your personality, friends, hobbies, etc

Old 05-21-2013, 07:25 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,913,414 times
You guys should join a PUA forum. This has nothing to do with NYC, it has everything to do with you learning to be more attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City