U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM

114 posts, read 168,869 times

Advertisements

An endless supply of NYC women of all ages on OKCupid that are looking for men. Go on there, email a TON of them (and don't email only the super-hotties), and then take it from there with the ones that reply. Really not that difficult at all in this day and age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 10:27 AM

91 posts, read 138,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Can't imagine why women aren't attracted to a man who chooses "rising vendetta" for a screen name.
LOL. That's hilarious!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:27 AM

8,016 posts, read 9,487,723 times
the best way to get a woman in ny is
to go to the country and bring one back
to ny or be from the country and take a
ny girl back there.

otherwise, no use trying too hard.
act like you don't even see them.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 AM

91 posts, read 138,109 times
Guys, I know in about 6 weeks I'm going to get some first hand experience with NYC women. But they can't be that much different than women from the West Coast, from Down South, from Europe. You have access to literally millions of single women, teachers, engineers, lawyers, nurses, doctors, etc....

You can't meet any of them? I find that hard to imagine. NYC leads the country in 30 year old never been married women. Maybe its because I'm not interested in clubs and 20-25 year olds anymore but I haven't found meeting women that tough in St Louis, LA, San Antonio, San Francisco, etc...

I'm excited to get there now and find out for myself what really is going on. But maybe you may have some more success if you didn't think about them like an algebra test, nothing to figure out. Be yourself and you will meet people who like you.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 AM

113 posts, read 190,020 times
The best way to meet women in New York is to go to shopping areas if you like to flirt and talk to women during the day on the street .. Go hang out in some main areas and you will catch a few honeys giving you the eye as they walk past .. those are the ones you should strike up a conversation with .. Women love to shop, so they are usually in their best mood when doing so .. lol .. Which means they are easier to talk to during those moments of shopping bliss ..

The other way to meet women is in Bars and other night spots .. some men find this easier because women are a little more open when they have been drinking and many women in this city love to go out and drink .. me personally .. I don't enjoy talking to intoxicated women, so I stick to the Daytime scene and leave the night time scene for the other guys who are looking for an easy score ...

Old 05-21-2013, 03:09 PM

16,233 posts, read 18,698,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
another thread of this nature???

There are 8.2 million people in NYC with 40 million annual tourist. If you are having problems meeting the opposite sex then there is something really wrong with you. Yes, you have to be mindful that 1/3 of the people you meet are going to hate you regardless, 1/3 are going to like you or be open to you, and 1/3 are going to be indifferent towards you (neutral).

How do you attract the opposite sex?
Being a visual candy = Your appearance, the way you dress, your haircut, etc.
Being seen as a potential and stable provider = Your career, finances, etc.
Coming off as a fun time = your personality, friends, hobbies, etc
Repped. You summed it up right there. I also like to add is that once you have one woman, more women will follow and desire you. They will want you and are curious on why you are seeing that particular woman instead of them. If one is missing good looks and fimances you better have a great personality to make up for short commings in money and in looks.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:15 PM

339 posts, read 583,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If you dont have good looks, a fat wallet and a nice car, your not going to pass through an average typical local womens wall. For Transplants you better have a nice fashionable pad in an hip area to attract any woman. Yes it is easier outside of NYC to meet women. Also NY women do not take niceness as a grain salt, chivalry is dead so dont be a nice guy here because women will walk over you and mark you off as boring, unchangeable and undatable. They love and need the fuel of drama.

Stop posting misogynistic garbage like this. If women don't want to meet you, YOU are the reason why--YOU are the common factor.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:21 PM

339 posts, read 583,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
You guys should join a PUA forum. This has nothing to do with NYC, it has everything to do with you learning to be more attractive.

AVOID. PUA nonsense is rife with misogyny. As soon as I hear a guy is into that crap I run in the opposite direction. Women do not need "strategies" and that negging nonsense and all those silly tactics just makes you look desperate. Stop with the elaborate setups and the hats and whatnot. Join a social group of some kind doing something you *genuinely* enjoy doing (soccer team, Meetup language group, church, whatever) and treat women as people first. It really is that simple.

BTW I'm as white as they come--blonde, blue eyes, etc.--and I've dated Asian men. I think that stereotype (that you never see a white woman with an Asian man) is dying out.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM

510 posts, read 1,223,914 times
I do agree that it's hard to date in NYC- I'm a female. I've been single for like 2 years and had kind of given up on meeting a guy until recently. Here's the thing about NYC- we are all running around from place to place like we are on a mission to get there. Slow down. Smile. Make eye contact with people. Start little conversations when you're out and about. Yes, half of the people you talk to will dismiss you, but not all. And I (reluctantly) second the ok cupid. I was on there for a few months and received literally somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 messages- many of which were sexual and creepy. But I recently got one from a guy and I liked what he had to say. We went on a date and completely hit it off and it's great. So okcupid is worth a shot if you're willing to wade through it for the right person.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:44 PM

7,070 posts, read 8,171,499 times
i recc to hand out resumes to get the opposite sex......funny i actually seen someone have 401k statements at a bar once
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City