U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 04:12 PM

6,342 posts, read 8,748,788 times

Advertisements

It is so refreshing to see a post with people being honest about NYC. I lived in Jersey City and spent 80% of my leisure time in NYC and I was the biggest dork with the ladies. Why? Because I'm not rich and never really want to be (a comfortable existence is all I want) don't wear designer clothes and don't care about fashion, am not a "stud muffin" in any sense of the word and I prefer my women to be more interested in history, music, etc than they are in the Prada, Chanel, etc. If you want a real woman with a head on her shoulders, NYC is not the place for you as it has been invaded by "Sex and the City" wannabees for years...

Seattle? Completely different story. Just say "hi" to a girl at the bar and at least one out of three times you get a number. In NYC, I would have to wear a $10,000 suit, be a foot taller and known by all to get a number...in Seattle, because I occasionally iron my shirt and am not to afraid to say "hi" to ladies I'm the Dos Equis man:

Introducing Dos Equis - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 04:22 PM

7,069 posts, read 8,174,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

Seattle? Completely different story. Just say "hi" to a girl at the bar and at least one out of three times you get a number. In NYC, I would have to wear a $10,000 suit, be a foot taller and known by all to get a number...in Seattle, because I occasionally iron my shirt and am not to afraid to say "hi" to ladies I'm the Dos Equis man:
maybe you just go to the wrong places.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:12 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,404,423 times
Usually money and looks help, just being honest.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:54 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,489,906 times
All you have to do is wear the right clothes really.
Talking is voluntary.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 PM

16,233 posts, read 18,704,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
Stop posting misogynistic garbage like this. If women don't want to meet you, YOU are the reason why--YOU are the common factor.

I'm not crying but just laughing my culo off. For one I don't do bad with women, I used to but that was nearly a decade ago. A month ago I was seeing four women a month ago and now I cut that in half, however thanks to feminism I had to let two go. Those two women already had a family with no man at the helm which is needed, but guess what I want to raise my own kids and not someone else's, call me selfish and old fashioned but hey I'm honest. Another woman who is into me, however I do not find attractive, but she makes that up in personality and compatibility, and the last one she has no time because she is into her masters put she plans on hanging and going out when the semester is over which it is, but right now currently I'm in Texas and not in NYC. I'm just trying to help fells out and know the truth about dating, and how to get a women in NYC and there is plenty of different dynamics. For some women I'm a good catch and for some like you I'm not, again what ever floats your boat.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM

Last, everyone must understand both men and women is that here in NYC everyone is always looking for something better and women are willing and ready to trade up and men are willing to upgrade or downgrade when needed. Sad thing is that sometimes children are involved in situations where cohabitate partners are still looking for someone else resulting in more broken families and another generation of poverty cycle in NYC. But then again that's life, what ever makes people happy!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:01 PM

6,993 posts, read 9,546,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I do not find attractive, but she makes that up in personality and compatibility
Seriously??? Is there such a thing?

Old 05-22-2013, 08:05 PM

6,993 posts, read 9,546,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingvendetta View Post
I feel like every person has this HUGE ass wall in front of them. It's obvious, but it makes it very hard for anyone to talk to one another.

Seriously, you have to break into fort knox just to get someone to open up. What's the deal with that? I know it MUST be easier outside the state or country to find someone.
There are too many threads complaining about how hard and complicated this is.

With that I always recommend - keep it simple. Open an account in Seeking Arrangement and budget at least $1,500/month for allowance and you should not have trouble meeting women in NYC or anywhere else.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Seriously??? Is there such a thing?
Good question? I don't know! But she is pretty cool though.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:50 PM

900 posts, read 2,048,337 times
All these superficial answers!

I have never been a woman who looked for designer duds, fancy car, or big bucks.

I'm looking for a man that's real.

I'm to the point I want to date White men exclusively.

I have years ago and they were usually from another part of the country with the exception of an Russian Jew.

It seems White men from NY aren't as open to dating AA women unless on the downlow, I might be wrong. It just seems those silly stereotypes die hard passed down generationally.

Where and how is the best way to meet White men? And what to do to help those who are afraid to approach the sistas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City