U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-02-2007, 04:20 PM

11,554 posts, read 15,708,454 times

Advertisements

about the teacher at James Monroe HS in the Bronx I was looking at yesterday at my job. Fascinating posts with Hustla telling her which Soundview streets were safer to walk on than others. Could someone please tell me which thread heading it's under so i can continue reading it? Thanks in advance

Also, I finally got caught up with my work at my job and no longer have to work weekends and am going on vacation on 2 weeks. I have some free time and feel like taking a ride on the trains. Is there anything going on in Jersey City adjacent to the PATH stations? Someone mentioned something about an area right outside the PATH station having some clubs or coffee houses. I'd be coming from the PATH 33rd street/Herald Square station. I may want to take advantage of daylight savings tomorrow night. Would i go to Journal Square? let me know what'g going on if you can spare some time (or should i be posting on a NJ board instead?)

thanks again

RL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 PM

2,806 posts, read 11,869,633 times
If you're looking into picking up some Indian groceries or sweets then Journal Square might be an interesting place to check out.

However most of the interesting stuff in Jersey city is around Van Vorst Park or Hamilton Park. These areas are pretty easily accesible from the Grove St PATH station. Jersey City is supposed to be the "new Williamsburg" where all of the artists and hipsters are hanging out. This is the area you should check out if you are interested in this.

Also be sure to check out the area along the waterfront. Exchange Place in Jersey City is alright, but I think Hoboken is much more interesting.

In Hoboken they have a little promenade along the waterfront which is nice, and has an excellent view of the city (especially at night). Hoboken also has a good number of interesting bars, which are worth checking out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City