Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM

916 posts, read 2,245,914 times

Advertisements

The Jewish community in NYC as a whole do get some preferential treatment sometimes due to their
powerful political and economy influences. I hate to use the word anti-Semite because it's been used
too much to shut people up whenever anything negative is mention about Israel or Jewish, but in this
case the older woman is clearly an anti-Semite who blame all the world's problems on the Jew.

I wouldn't be surprise if she is actually a lookout for the drug dealers on the block, maybe she miss the
undercover van this time and was too late to give out warning to the boys, and it's her fault the guy got
arrested, therefor all the anger and blame on the Jew to deflect some heat off herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,009 times
She shouldn't have said ignorant racist s*** like that, this is too easy to go like "Jews are running everything, we are living in Jew York now, F 'em" nah things aren't that simple. But on the other hand, that old woman is right in some way, everybody is not treated the same out there in the streets, and not only in the US. This rant is the expression of a lot of frustration that goes on in poor communities and even though this is expressed in a negative way in this present case, this should definitely be taken seriously. Officials need to listen to what those people have to say, otherwise this only gonna get worse, and this reminds me exactly of what led to the massive 2005 riots in my country. You can't just let the feeling of injustice grow into the minds of a whole part of your fellow citizens.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:01 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Well, the economy is, I think, going downhill. That means there will be fewer opportunities or government programs available. For a long time there were offered means by which an enterprising young person from the ghetto could better him or her self. I know several people who took advantage of these things. Those opportunities are drying up fast if they have not already.

I'm tired of hearing all this self pity and finger pointing at others. You will never get ahead with that attitude. It takes pushing yourself and a consistent, over years, pushing yourself to learn and do more and more. To some it is much easier to sit home and feel sorry for yourself. Some are dumb enough to have kids when they can hardly take care of themselves. Selfish.

Today's jobs require brains. I pity the people in the ghettos who are not that bright and who will not apply themselves to some sort of endeavor that will lead to a career. I really can see no future for them.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
A narcotics arrest turned ugly when a woman started in on the “Jews” and their “problems.”
The incident took place in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn. It began when police officers busted one black male for the possession and sale of illegal narcotics, and another for purchasing and possession of the same. Angry residents took to the street and shouted at police officers, protesting the arrests.
While most of the anger was directed at the police, one resident took to accusing the “Jews.” The woman shouted “This aint New York, this is Jew York,” adding that “those Jews are raping and murdering and [the police] doesn’t arrest them.”

Unspecified Arrest in Crown Heights, Brooklyn (May 14, 2013) - YouTube
My college professor told me that NYC is a Jewish place and will always be for sometime. NYC is just as Jewish as is Atlanta is Black, Chicago Polish, Boston Irish, Los Angels with its Mexican population, Portland with its Hipsters, San Francsico with its Asian population. They don't call it Jew York city for nothing! As for Jews who command much of the 1 percent in NYC, of course they can be arrested, any one remember Bernie Madoff? I did wish the lady got arrested for making those remarks though. If I was that lady who was screaming about Jews, she should just move to Atlanta or Houston.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
... I did wish the lady got arrested for making those remarks though. If I was that lady who was screaming about Jews, she should just move to Atlanta or Houston.
You mean like this that stated there was a Jew related to it and a Muslim being arrested, but I've never seen an immodestly dressed Muslim wearing a hoodie with his pants pulled half way down with his boxers showing. Yet there is a woman yelling in this one also and she did get arrested.

Arresting a robber is SBPDL - YouTube

Quote:
A teen was arrested for an alleged hate crime on the 3 train in Brooklyn on Monday
afternoon sparking a chaotic scene when cops arrived to arrest him. The NYPD
says Brooklyn resident Stephen Stowe 17 had harassed a Jewish passenger aboard a
southbound 3 train; Stowe allegedly made anti Semitic remarks to the passenger
and stole his phone. When the train got to Eastern Parkway/Brooklyn Museum
subway stop cops came aboard to arrest him.

But in the midst of the chaos around the 4 minute mark things get even worse when a
young woman violently resists arrest. Cops say 22 year old Brooklyn resident
Sheniqua Joseph was yelling and standing too close to officers put her hands on
officers while they were trying to arrest Stowe and punched and kicked at an
officer. Joseph has been charged with resisting arrest obstructing government
administration and disorderly conduct

Old 05-22-2013, 07:31 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Yes her rant was a product of frustration at the double standard...and if anyone believes that some people aren't treated "more fairly" than others, well I have a bridge to sell you. And we should also not pretend that this is not a highly Jewish city, and a significant part of the power base in NYC. Acknowledging that is not anti-Semitic, just reality.

The question is though, whether there is anything inherently wrong with that? I say no, but it makes them an easy target for the powerless. Just like random crazy people, her tirade should be ignored. You can find anyone saying anything about anyone, if you catch them at the right (or wrong) moment. Does that make it representative of an entire group or anything else? Nope...so why make this out to be?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:17 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You mean like this that stated there was a Jew related to it and a Muslim being arrested, but I've never seen an immodestly dressed Muslim wearing a hoodie with his pants pulled half way down with his boxers showing. Yet there is a woman yelling in this one also and she did get arrested.

Arresting a robber is SBPDL - YouTube

Look the thing is this once you have a group of people who can not physically, academically, economically and culturally take part in the Niuew Brooklyn, stuff like that tirade that Black woman going on about Jews, That 22 year old black woman going crazy over some guy being arrested resulting her getting an good ole NYPD beat down and last the shooting of Kimani Grey, all of this is a recipe for disaster if you ask me. Brooklyn has one of the highest rates of income inequality in America, much more worse than the poorer but more harmonious Bronx or Middle Class Staten Island. A good portion of Brooklyn can not benefit from the spoils of gentrification and the creative class/ back to the city movement unless one owns property or has an education which results in a good paying job. Once you have plenty of income inequality, people will be on the streets, people will rob others for iphones and ipads, steal eco cars, have a tirade against the police and blame everything on either a trustfund gentrifier who skydived out of the Midwest to Brooklyn or blame a Jew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Yes her rant was a product of frustration at the double standard...and if anyone believes that some people aren't treated "more fairly" than others, well I have a bridge to sell you. And we should also not pretend that this is not a highly Jewish city, and a significant part of the power base in NYC. Acknowledging that is not anti-Semitic, just reality.

The question is though, whether there is anything inherently wrong with that? I say no, but it makes them an easy target for the powerless. Just like random crazy people, her tirade should be ignored. You can find anyone saying anything about anyone, if you catch them at the right (or wrong) moment. Does that make it representative of an entire group or anything else? Nope...so why make this out to be?
I have to agree, her tirade she just be ignored, but at the same time should be watched with caution because people like that are say something is currently wrong. But if her kids get arrested for being out to late passed a curfew, is she going to blame Jews, Jews don't have their kids out that late but Blacks do which makes it easy pickings by the NYPD, criminal record, no job, no college, no jobs, no cash and no hope. I had to rep you on this one.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:26 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

Yes, Sobro. There are injustices in the world. Should we eliminate them? Certainly. That is no excuse for us not to work our way to a decent station in life. Regardless of who you are, there are going to be people against you. If you allow them to stop you from applying yourself, reaching for your goals, YOU are the fool, not them.

There are examples of every ethnic group, probably, where they unfairly favor their 'own'. Minorities included. It's a bad thing, no matter who does it. It SHOULD be stopped.

The fact is, there are numerous non-Jews who have done well in the City, and this continues to happen. Many of them are minorities. It's being done all the time. Stop complaining and start doing.

Last edited by goldengrain; 05-22-2013 at 11:41 AM..

Old 05-22-2013, 11:46 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Acknowledging the reality is not complaining. It is called having an open and honest discussion...and we cannot move forward as a society if those who speak the truth about injustices, the double standards, etc are called "complainers or whiners". I suppose Martin Luther King should have really stop complaining...stop whining Martin Luther King..you are like a broken record already...right?

And for the record, it is impossible to simply "work your way to a decent station in life" when you have a society that is predicated on you NOT doing that. While that has changed over the last 30 years, we are still living with the results of hundreds of years of second class citizenry (and worst in some cases) for certain segments of the population.

You cannot wait until you have all the toys and all the advantages, and THEN say, ok...we are now all equal, and I don't know why you are still struggling..it's your own fault! And that is where we are today..."equal"....

Old 05-22-2013, 11:56 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,062,659 times
Jews are the most oppressed people in the world. That woman has nothing to complain about...probably a life-long welfare queen with 8 kids from 8 different unknown men.

Sure defend her by saying Jews are favored. She is the salt of the earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City