Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 12:20 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,304,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
I'm getting the sense that neighborhood names/boundaries are much more fluid in the Bronx than elsewhere in the city. Why is this?

I've spent a lot of time walking and biking around the northwest Bronx, including the area being discussed here, but I've never known what to call any of it.
lol... I've heard about this neighborhood from the New York Times but never knew where it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
well my "Mo Pa" is the Montefiore Medical Park off Eastchester Rd, a place i go to every 3 months for cancer follow ups. it is a much quieter neighborhood with free parking for the cancer center and a nice covered garage steps away that charges $5 for up to 2 hours. also a Starbucks at the corner of Waters Place. it can get a little congested around there but it's much better than the Moses Campus.
That's incredible. I guess NYP must be the pits because I thought that would be closer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 12:23 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
i remember a guy from Battery Park City was up biking my way. we were at Broadway and 238th street. he asks me what neighborhood he is in and i tell him Kingsbridge. he asks me what he will see if he goes all the way east on Van Cortlandt Park South. I didn't know how to answer him but told him that he'd be in the "Mosholu Parkway area of the northwest Bronx". i didn't want to confuse him further by telling him "Norwood", etc

Old 06-07-2013, 12:25 PM

if NYP means NY Presbyterian, I don't mind going to Monte Med Park because there's more green over there and i have my car so it's no problem

Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 PM

579 posts, read 945,709 times
According to an article in the NYT from June 2008, Bedford Park proper runs from Jerome Ave on the west, to Webster Ave on the east (the length of Bedford Park Boulevard), Mosholu Parkway on the north, an East 196th St on the south. BeMo would be the area north of Bedford Park Boulevard and south of Mosholu Parkway. The area south of Bedford Park Boulevard is called Fordham Bedford.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:09 PM

exactly

Old 06-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrang View Post
According to an article in the NYT from June 2008, Bedford Park proper runs from Jerome Ave on the west, to Webster Ave on the east (the length of Bedford Park Boulevard), Mosholu Parkway on the north, an East 196th St on the south. BeMo would be the area north of Bedford Park Boulevard and south of Mosholu Parkway. The area south of Bedford Park Boulevard is called Fordham Bedford.
So there's BeMo and FoBe... How cute... Haha...

Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
Quote:
Bedford Park runs from 198th to Mosholu (at least to me those seem to be the generally accepted boundaries). I'd never heard BeMo before I'll have to admit (I thought you made it up to be cute).

Old 06-07-2013, 03:05 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
And then there's Fordham and North Fordham. Fordham Bedford is only something I've heard on this forum. I have never heard anyone say that they live in Fordham Bedford.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:15 PM

579 posts, read 945,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Bedford Park runs from 198th to Mosholu (at least to me those seem to be the generally accepted boundaries). I'd never heard BeMo before I'll have to admit (I thought you made it up to be cute).
I did but it seems to be sticking!

Old 06-07-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I did but it seems to be sticking!
You should call up Bronx Tours and tell them to come up to BeMo for a real slice of the Boogie Down Bronx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City