Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:59 AM

675 posts, read 1,256,400 times

Advertisements

I have a better chance being struck from lightning than being a victim of a "terrorist attack". So I will trade those ridiculously low odds for my privacy thank you very much. This whole "everybody's guilty until they prove themselves innocent" is the hallmark of a tyrannical govt gone outta control. Don't wait until its legal for the police to ransack your home at 2am without a warrant and do a cavity search of your wife in front of you and your kids to make sure there are no radical Mooslims hiding in her puddy cat to then decide to wake up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,546,986 times

This is not true. The UK govt supplied information that thwarted this attack. Further proof the media lying to US

Old 06-10-2013, 12:17 PM

916 posts, read 2,246,636 times
Why are you guys complaining about this new service provided by our government? You call it spying, I
call it free backup service for the American public.

If you ever accidently delete some important e-mail or files from your computer, or maybe a power surge
or virus causing a hard drive failure, as a taxpayer and an upstanding American citizen, you can always
send an e-mail to NSA requiring for a copy of your files or restore your hard drive back to the latest date it
was working for free. I'm pretty sure their service is more reliable than windows system restore as well.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:47 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
There's always an excuse for spying...I'm sure Hitler had one , Nero had one, and the Popes have a good network.

And we always here the same thing: "NOW it's justified." They electrocuted the Rosenbergs for spying...no reason not to continue the procedure for modern spies.

I value my rights...I wish others had the same degree of care for them but so many seem so willing to toss them all away as soon as somebody yells "BOOGEYMAN."

Old 06-10-2013, 12:59 PM

675 posts, read 1,256,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I value my rights...I wish others had the same degree of care for them but so many seem so willing to toss them all away as soon as somebody yells "BOOGEYMAN."
Exactly.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:02 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Finally something from Kefir I can wholeheartedly agree with.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:14 PM

2,008 posts, read 4,724,255 times
The surveillance program that halted the Zazi plot was one that collected email data on foreign intelligence suspects, a U.S. government source said.

to be entirely on topic with the article the OP posted, your regular average joe isn't being monitored, but foreign intelligence suspects instead.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:31 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Quote:
your regular average joe isn't being monitored, but foreign intelligence
suspects instead.

Have you read the reports of the wholesale monitoring of the US population by the Verizon-Homeland Security cabal just last week?

So average Joe is very much being monitored.

(And to pre-empt those who say "If you aren't doing anything you have no need to worry" to you good neo-Nazis I say why not lay your head on a subway track and prove Darwin correct.)

Old 06-10-2013, 05:23 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Have you read the reports of the wholesale monitoring of the US population by the Verizon-Homeland Security cabal just last week?

So average Joe is very much being monitored.

(And to pre-empt those who say "If you aren't doing anything you have no need to worry" to you good neo-Nazis I say why not lay your head on a subway track and prove Darwin correct.)
Everything you do is monitored. I've received calls from my bank when suspicious activity occurred with my account (spending wise) and I've had times when they canceled a credit card or debit card because the number was stolen (I didn't even know about it).

Other types of spending and accounts are monitored as well.

Internet companies themselves can monitor what you're doing, and yes, if its suspicious enough, you can be turned in.

This is true of governments and companies around the world. And there is no escaping it. So behave, and you have nothing to worry about.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:37 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
The difference between corporations monitoring our activities while using their products and the government doing the same is that the government has a near monopoly on the use of force, and can use the information it gathers to restrict the freedom of a citizen it alone determines to be "dangerous".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: