Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 02:40 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times

Advertisements

I don't give a crap if they're selling ice cream to kids or stoners at 4 am, just turn off the damn jingle and get a decent generator that doesn't suffocate you. Nothing I hate more than diesel exhaust - makes me really sick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 03:14 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
I agree I don't care if they are out 24/7 just ban the song from playing. It's annoying. I don't know other food trucks that blast music or play a song for 30 minutes straight.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:42 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecbee View Post
Really? Spare me. The only thing more annoying than the people you profess to be annoyed by are those of you who are so easily threatened, and moan and lament the loss of "your" great city because of simple opinions of others. An entire clique of you who like to beat your chests and huff/puff about perceived outsiders. Anybody that complains about the holy city is ruining the holy city. Give me a break.

You guys are missing the !@#$%^& point. When it happens near midnight, or they park literally right outside of your window and play the song for over 30 minutes, it's not cool. Seriously, on what planet is that OK?? You mind if I send him to YOUR apartment so you can listen to the song for half an hour at a time?

Turn the damn thing off if you're just sitting idly at a curb. This is not about being a pansy or raising a stink about an ice cream truck. This is about basic decency. Get a grip.
What neighborhood do you live in?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-09-2013, 08:27 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,363 times
I hate these fvkin trucks coming at 10pm when my child is just going to bed.
Ban these noisy idiots already. Nobody wants to buy their shytty ice cream, anyway.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:32 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,236,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Ban them noisy them already. Nobody wants to buy their shytty ice cream.
If I have children in the city I'm going to teach them that those trucks are bad. That they have to play a song to get children to want ice-cream because the sell bad ice-cream.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culdesac25 View Post
That ice cream truck is not selling ice cream.
That is my thought too http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4507071030297101&pid=1.7

Old 06-09-2013, 09:14 PM

245 posts, read 317,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
This. I can deal with the song of temptation, but when it wakes my kids it's not cool.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:49 PM

446 posts, read 997,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What neighborhood do you live in?
Bed-Stuy/Clinton Hill border

Old 06-10-2013, 06:59 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,054 times
Well there you go then right there...

Old 06-10-2013, 03:34 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,774,156 times
Quote:
Really? Spare me. The only thing more annoying than the people you profess to be annoyed by are those of you who are so easily threatened, and moan and lament the loss of "your" great city because of simple opinions of others. An entire clique of you who like to beat your chests and huff/puff about perceived outsiders. Anybody that complains about the holy city is ruining the holy city. Give me a break.

You guys are missing the !@#$%^& point. When it happens near midnight, or they park literally right outside of your window and play the song for over 30 minutes, it's not cool. Seriously, on what planet is that OK?? You mind if I send him to YOUR apartment so you can listen to the song for half an hour at a time?

Turn the damn thing off if you're just sitting idly at a curb. This is not about being a pansy or raising a stink about an ice cream truck. This is about basic decency. Get a grip.
I grew in the projects, with gunshots on the rooftops to test the piece, fights in the hallway, cops at all times knocking on the door, constant fights from neighbors, and i slept like a baby. Now i live on the ground floor of a building with a bus stop directly outside of my window and i sleep like a baby and so does my wife, she wasnt born here but has discovered the magic of EAR PLUG's.

Quote:
Bed-Stuy/Clinton Hill border
How long you been there lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City