Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 12:22 PM

5,099 posts, read 4,959,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInQueens View Post
Bottom line : the higher percentage of people, the higher percentage of a@@h0les.

Move here, be prepared to have to put up with them.

mind explaining "percentage" meaning here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 01:46 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
^ lol compared to what, right? cats?

Old 06-10-2013, 02:28 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
I've been here since the 90's. But as an outsider that moved here I seek out activities and things to do that a lot of my native ny-ers don't. A lot of my NYC friends have become jaded in a sense they like to stick to what they know and their neighborhoods. Perhaps some on this bored has too. There's plenty of activities you can find to do that don't cost or are low cost. I'm not a high roller, my income is low but I still always manage to have things to do and have a great time.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:03 PM

289 posts, read 399,582 times
Point taken. Also there are plenty of places too eat real cheap, if you know where too look. Leave the tourist areas and go into the real neighborhoods. Aka the real NY , outstanding food with great conversations.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:11 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I've been here since the 90's. But as an outsider that moved here I seek out activities and things to do that a lot of my native ny-ers don't. A lot of my NYC friends have become jaded in a sense they like to stick to what they know and their neighborhoods. Perhaps some on this bored has too. There's plenty of activities you can find to do that don't cost or are low cost. I'm not a high roller, my income is low but I still always manage to have things to do and have a great time.
Are your NYC friends Natives or Transplants and or how did they become jaded? I know to some extent living here in NYC regardless if your an local or an outsider one can easily become introvert and stick with what they know so they wont feel socially left out in the cold.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:28 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Are your NYC friends Natives or Transplants and or how did they become jaded? I know to some extent living here in NYC regardless if your an local or an outsider one can easily become introvert and stick with what they know so they wont feel socially left out in the cold.
Native Ny-ers. It used to be before the internet they would ask me what trains to take places as I go everywhere, brooklyn, bronx, manhattan, queens, event staten island (though only a few times a year).
I sometimes feel people born here don't realize how big of city this is and how much one can really do with just a subway ride.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:49 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
I'm moving to NYC
Wait, so you don't even live here? I'd like to officially complain about people complaining about other people complaining, when the first group of people don't even have any firsthand experience living here.

Quote:
Point taken. Also there are plenty of places too eat real cheap, if you know where too look. Leave the tourist areas and go into the real neighborhoods. Aka the real NY , outstanding food with great conversations.
Ugh this is as bad as Sarah Palin blabbering about "Real America"

Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 PM

289 posts, read 399,582 times
Lol born and raised still here. I must have touched a nerve. I was playing in the Johnny pump , and hanging on the streets when the city was a real city.. neighborhoods were real. Now just transplants for a few years till they move on. Look Johnny pump up or ask someone at your next visit to Starbucks.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:18 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Quote:
Lol born and raised still here. I must have touched a nerve. I was playing in the Johnny pump , and hanging on the streets when the city was a real city.. neighborhoods were real. Now just transplants for a few years till they move on. Look Johnny pump up or ask someone at your next visit to Starbucks.
Yes thanks, as a firefighter I'm quite familiar with a Johnny pump. And when you say "I'm moving to NYC" that means that you haven't done so yet, and that you live somewhere else.

And I don't live near any Starbucks, nor do I plan on leaving anytime before my pension is ready (by which time we'll all have flying cars).

Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM

916 posts, read 2,245,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
mind explaining "percentage" meaning here?
100 people live in NYC, 1% of them are jerks = 1 jerk in NYC.
8 million people live in NYC, 1% of them are jerks = 80,000 jerks in NYC.

Basically he meant we got more of everything because of the high population in NYC. Be it nice people,
bad people, beautiful people, or ugly people. Your chances of running into more aholes is increased as
a result living in NYC simply because there are more of them out here compare to smaller cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: