Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 AM

88 posts, read 726,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
It's just fine.
Stick to somewhat near the Barclay Center, LIRR Station, BAM, Harvey Theater...4 or 5 blocks in any direction.
There are new apartment towers going up all over the area. I have been going to BAM for 35 years and have seen the most remarkable changes in the neighborhood.

Shoulda bought a brownstone for $40K back when....but then it would have had to be surrounded by barbed wire.

(But for some reason I never figured out it has always been the coldest, windiest spot in the whole City in Winter.)
the condo that im looking at is actually right where your talking about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 11:35 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,311,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucemoney View Post
when i hear gentrification i hear ethnic cleansing and thats not what i want
how do i change the topic?
Not always the case. Minorities from the suburbs or southeast Queens can also be considered gentrifiers, but yes, gentrification does usually bring in some type of diversity. It should be more socio-economic cleansing with the middle and working class minorities/ethnicities remaining.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:01 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,811,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I carry everywhere I go. If you are legal, why would you not?
Because you might windup kkilling someone and going to jail. Just because its legal to carry, doesn't insure your actions are or will be!!

Also, taking it to a bar and getting shtfaced, may not be the smartest thing.

Lots of reasons and scenarios to leave the gun behind. The average citizen does not have a gun, and isn't allowed to carry one. The average citizen manages life just fine without one. Unless you plan on frequenting and/or socializing in dangerous areas and/or plan to step in and protect citizens, then wahat is the point?

Does the cold hard steel make you feee all warm and fuzzy?

I think the OP is mistakenly under the impression that his gun will be equally welcome as he in NYC. NYC is one of the most fervently anti gun cities in the US! I wonder where he thinks he is coming?

Btw, Atlantic Ave/Barclay is the meeting point of several differing neighborhoods, Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Prospect Heights, Park Slope, etc.

Most importantly, the area is the major transit point in Brooklyn, and that is its purpose!

While there are a good number who live in that immediate area, it is not a neighborhood. So, most choose to frequent one of the neighborhoods mentioned as their main hangout.

Oh, and yes, an area code is not a good header, given the subject maanner!

Old 06-20-2013, 06:25 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,951,921 times
Then get rid of the 2nd Amendment jcoltrane. Until then, what do you care where I carry or why?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:54 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,811,642 times
Quote:
Then get rid of the 2nd Amendment jcoltrane. Until then, what do you care where I carry or why?
I don't care. You asked if it is legal, "why not"?

I responed to your question, presenting a few reasons "why not".

What that has to do with the 2nd Amendment I don't know.

The point is that simply because you have the right to do a thing does not mean you must always do it. Do you not comprehend that?

As your children get older, I strongly suspect that you will teach your children just that.

Taking a weapon into every single circumstance is a *risk*. Simply having a gun around the house is a risk. Agai, it has nothing to do with one's right.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:35 AM

My comfort level with a firearm is such that I carry 24/7, there's the answer. Your comfort level with that decision is not my concern.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucemoney View Post
wanna know if the area is cool and i wont have to carry my gun.
You've posted elsewhere, that you live in AZ. Gun laws are a lot different in NYC.
Quote:
My comfort level with a firearm is such that I carry 24/7, there's the answer. Your comfort level with that decision is not my concern.
Unless you have a badge, or a permit, you are violating the law.
Your "comfort level" is not a legal defense.

Last edited by bigjake54; 06-24-2013 at 09:31 AM..

Old 06-24-2013, 10:01 AM

I don't have anything to worry about.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:16 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,212 times
Quote:
I don't have anything to worry about.
Good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City