Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 05:40 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times

Advertisements

I dread the day that I'd be forced to move out of NYC. Driving all over the place, sitting in my boring living room because everywhere is too damn far to walk, looking forward to the weekend trips to target or Walmart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 05:41 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
They can leave but I imagine that employment is a big factor.
No its not. If you really want to leave, save up your money, QUIT your job in NYC, and move to wherever you want to. And then get a job there. Its THAT EASY!!!

Old 06-18-2013, 05:42 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Actually the real reason why many of these threads get made is because people realize they can't make the amount of money they need to in order to live their ideal lifestyle in NYC, so they move elsewhere with a lower COL, and then get all resentful and think we all deep down inside want to leave too. Smh.
In other words, they are projecting their own issues out on other people.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:44 PM

916 posts, read 2,245,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Ahh yes, the good ole' days. Paying a lot for a studio without any amenities and having to board the crowded train with rude people pushing and shoving. Dammit I miss those days!!!
We know NYC is not perfect for everybody. It's okay if you think other cities fits your life style more, and
you enjoy your time better there than in NYC. But for you to assume everyone else who choose to stay
because they can't leave sounds like sour grapes to me.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I can support you on this one CityGirl. Speak your mind...
Speaking ones mind is fine but this one seems to think she has the ability and license to speak other people's minds.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:51 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Actually the real reason why many of these threads get made is because people realize they can't make the amount of money they need to in order to live their ideal lifestyle in NYC, so they move elsewhere with a lower COL, and then get all resentful and think we all deep down inside want to leave too. Smh.
As I started to approach 30, I could no longer deal with the fact that I was living in a very small apartment and had to lug my clothes to the laundromat or pay a lot of money to have the laundromat wash and drop off my clothes each week. I also hated having to deal with the attitudes that seem to be very specific to the region.

Deep down I knew that I deserved a better lifestyle, but I didn't want to move to the deep South or the middle of nowhere (plus I had to go where the lucrative offer was), so the DC metro area was my best option, to finally have the opportunity to live like an adult.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
No its not. If you really want to leave, save up your money, QUIT your job in NYC, and move to wherever you want to. And then get a job there. Its THAT EASY!!!
That's bad advice, especially in this economy. I wouldn't advise anyone to relocate without having a job lined up, unless they are an entrepreneur.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
I guess you like the dmv area.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:56 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Speaking ones mind is fine but this one seems to think she has the ability and license to speak other people's minds.
Exactly.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I dread the day that I'd be forced to move out of NYC. Driving all over the place, sitting in my boring living room because everywhere is too damn far to walk, looking forward to the weekend trips to target or Walmart.
LOL, I have my own private parking spot in my building and the metro is right across the street. The ride into DC is less than 10 minutes. There are no walmarts or big box stores here. Have you ever visited the DC metro area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City