Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 04:27 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,852 times

Advertisements

I was born in NYC and most of my closest relatives are spread throughout Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Long Island; however, I left NYC, after getting a great job offer. Whenever I return during the holidays, I feel so grateful that I've managed to carve out a nice life in MD (15 miles outside of DC).

I think deep down (although many won't admit it) a number of NYC residents would get out in a heartbeat if they could. Your thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 04:29 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
I was born in NYC and most of my closest relatives are spread throughout Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Long Island; however, I left NYC, after getting a great job offer. Whenever I return during the holidays, I feel so grateful that I've managed to carve out a nice life in MD (15 miles outside of DC).

I think deep down (although many won't admit it) a number of NYC residents would get out in a heartbeat if they could. Your thoughts??
You don't need an exit visa to leave NYC. Anyone can leave whenever they chose too.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:49 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
If you ask them if they want to leave NY and they say yes, they do, or no, they don't, then you should accept their answer. It's a bit egotistical for you to think you know people's innermost feelings or that they "won't admit" something you think ought to be true.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:49 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
We have so many threads like these. I don't understand if people are so happy they left, why they go on the NYC forum and post about it.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times
Quote:

I think deep down(although many won't admit it)most former NYC residents would move back in a heartbeat if they could.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:54 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
We have so many threads like these. I don't understand if people are so happy they left, why they go on the NYC forum and post about it.
It's always because they are in the beginning stage of regret.It's a sign of homesickness.If they were really happy where they are they wouldn't be even thinking about us , much less taking the time to come back and try to convince us and themselves how happy they are..

Old 06-18-2013, 04:58 PM

916 posts, read 2,246,636 times
Quote:

I think deep down( although you won't admit it) you wish you were still in NYC. Now you can only
post in NYC forum longing for the good old days( the best time of your life) when you were here.

Am I assuming too much?

Old 06-18-2013, 04:58 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
It's always because they are in the beginning stage of regret.It's a sign of homesickness.If they we're really happy where they are they wouldn't be even thinking about us much less taking the time to come back for a visit.
Exactly!

Old 06-18-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I think deep down(although many won't admit it)most former NYC residents would move back in a heartbeat if they could.
I've had multiple offers to return back to Manhattan. Shoot, I'm trying to escape to the West Coast.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
If you ask them if they want to leave NY and they say yes, they do, or no, they don't, then you should accept their answer. It's a bit egotistical for you to think you know people's innermost feelings or that they "won't admit" something you think ought to be true.
I feel bad for many of my friends that still have to lug their clothes to the laundromat and wake up early in the morning to move their cars. I'm just saying that it gets old, after you turn 30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City