Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 10:25 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,167,258 times

Advertisements

New York State lawmakers voted on Saturday to allow New York City to install cameras to catch speeding motorists near schools.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/23/ny...eras.html?_r=0

NYS Senate Joins Assembly in Passing Speed Camera Bill; Headed to Governor | Mobilizing the Region

NYC drivers have no need for speed in school zones after camera program gets OK - NY Daily News

http://www.streetsblog.org/2013/06/2...speed-cameras/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 12:17 PM

345 posts, read 853,034 times
That red light is going to come on extremely fast. I had this problem in Los Angeles, usually the yellow light stays on for a while, but with the camera the red light came on while I was in the box, and then came the flash. Timing is different, it's in the best interest of the city, they'll make more money.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:33 PM

This bill will authorize the usage of speed cameras. Unfortunately, it's very limited but a step in the right direction.

Red light cameras already exist in NYC.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:40 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
they really have to do something about the texting while driving.

On the Staten island expressway a few days ago i was behind a young girl, texting while driving on the HIGHWAY,
A HIGHWAY, what is this world coming to.

So I started beeping my horn and chased her for like 4 exits, just to **** her off, and shake her up a bit. Then when she changed lanes, so did I. I aI proceeded to follow her and make her life miserable and frightening for a while.

This girl, texting while driving on a highway was putting all the motorista around her in jeopardy for her moronic behavior.

Tell me, what on the face eof this planet could be so crucial that this RETARD, had to be texting while she driving on a highway.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
they really have to do something about the texting while driving.

On the Staten island expressway a few days ago i was behind a young girl, texting while driving on the HIGHWAY,
A HIGHWAY, what is this world coming to.

So I started beeping my horn and chased her for like 4 exits, just to **** her off, and shake her up a bit. Then when she changed lanes, so did I. I aI proceeded to follow her and make her life miserable and frightening for a while.

This girl, texting while driving on a highway was putting all the motorista around her in jeopardy for her moronic behavior.

Tell me, what on the face eof this planet could be so crucial that this RETARD, had to be texting while she driving on a highway.
Your behavior was no better then hers. You could have caused an accident by attempting to pursue another driver.

Driver distractions have been an issue for a long time now. The best you could have done was maintain a distance from that individual.

Please, unless you are a police officer inside a vehicle equipped with code lights, do not attempt to pursue anyone.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:03 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Of course,

the world is heading towards surveillance of every move that every person makes.

Can anyone come up with a better definition of FASCISM?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
NYC's First-Ever Speed Cameras Go Back to School

There are 100 schools in New York City where drivers speed at least 75 percent of the time, according to city officials. And that's exactly where New York will be exercising its new speed camera authority

NYC's First-Ever Speed Cameras Go Back to School - WNYC
Quote:
Study: 88% of Cars Speeding In Brooklyn

Speeding is rampant in Brooklyn, according to a new study from the advocacy group Transportation Alternatives. When surveyors clocked the speed of passing cars on Brooklyn neighborhood streets, they found 88 percent were breaking the posted limit.

Study: 88% of Cars Speeding In Brooklyn - WNYC
More info.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:09 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,545,840 times
Does anyone know how speeding points will be applied?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: