U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 10:17 AM

10,750 posts, read 25,521,951 times

Advertisements

One other consideration, unless the tour was with a particular tour company and was in the tens of thousands for three weeks, why would someone who is fabulously wealthy be on a package holiday to see the continent? I am suspicious of the vast wealth, when he has to work on the side as a fashion consultant to models. I agree with preying on a newcomer as being the angle to this story, because it does not add up. A fashionista with unlimited resources will be vacationing with model friends, not bragging about it on a group tour.

Simply put, I would create distance as the tour was a vignette of life, fun while it lasted, but likely will not lead to anything long-term.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 09:06 PM

1,745 posts, read 2,029,686 times
There are people out there, perhaps not sociopaths but borderline, that think they are superior to anyone who doesn't live in Manhattan. It's part of the reason I left and am now in Brooklyn. Some of the people aren't wealthy at all, just excellent scam artists. It's really a fake environment if you look at it correctly. I would question anyone bragging about wealth. It's amazing how many times it will be exaggerated if not completely embellished, yet these women fall for it left and right.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:48 AM

60 posts, read 72,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
There are people out there, perhaps not sociopaths but borderline, that think they are superior to anyone who doesn't live in Manhattan. It's part of the reason I left and am now in Brooklyn. Some of the people aren't wealthy at all, just excellent scam artists. It's really a fake environment if you look at it correctly. I would question anyone bragging about wealth. It's amazing how many times it will be exaggerated if not completely embellished, yet these women fall for it left and right.
If they believe geographic location and money validates them then they need help. Low self esteem.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:39 AM

249 posts, read 338,408 times
Let me take an opposing view: particularly if he's the one buying your outfits for you, let him give you some advice and see where things go!

I didn't really care all that much about how a girlfriend might dress, but (while living abroad, it must be noted) when I met "the one", one of the things about her that I found myself liking more and more was how she dressed in a feminine manner. And after aligning some of my tastes to hers, I now "can't go back", as it were.

For example, she really detests the way many women dress in the USA. Trousers rather than skirts; open toes even at work; that kind of thing. She considers those things classless and would never wear them in public. (She wears a skirt and stockings almost every day, adjusting the color for the season, and only owns one pair of pants!)

So I've become spoiled!

And, being surprised at how much I like the way she dresses, I've taken some of her advice on "classlessness reduction" and now keep my hair shorter, avoid wearing shorts in public, that kind of thing. And you know what? I do look more attractive and grown-up, and I get more attention from women.

We guys really are honest about what we're attracted to. If we say you look good in something, there's no hidden meaning or implication: it means we think you look good, period.

So I say let the guy give you some pointers! Worst comes to worst: you notice more men looking at you, and if it doesn't work out, you'll have an easy time finding someone else!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:10 AM

2,490 posts, read 3,812,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Most wealthier men prefer thinner women. I've noticed this time and time again. So I completely understand being nervous about your weight. I used to be heavier, around a size 10 and have better dating options ever since I started exercising and paying attention to diet. I am not super skinny, about a size 4 now with a BMI of 20.5 (in the healthy range). Men pay more attention to me. And it doesn't matter if I'm in a $30 outfit from H & M or high-end designer. You can wear less expensive clothes and pull them off when you are slimmer. You can say this guy's a jerk but it's just what men want. I'm willing to bet if I was able to shed another 10 pounds my prospects would improve that much more. Sucks but it's true. I would stay away from this guy though. Sounds like a total control freak who won't be happy no matter what. He knows you're entering an unfamiliar environment and that gives him the upper hand automatically. Do you really want to be shoved around like that?

Funny I get more attention now at a heavier weight than I did when I was borderline anorexic and a size 2-4. I guess it might have to do with the fact that I have more confidence now and don't really give a crap about a "Manhattan" man wants...I don't want them anyway. LOL

I notice this city is full of lonely single woman and I don't think it's a coincidence...It's very hard to meet a decent man here.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:35 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
I pick my dates from the backside. Then i look at the face. If i like these two attributes i make my decision. Many women looks of course at these things in a guy too but they are more shy to talk about.it.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:37 AM

1,283 posts, read 1,893,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I pick my dates from the backside. Then i look at the face. If i like these two attributes i make my decision. Many women looks of course at these things in a guy too but they are more shy to talk about.it.
Well now we know what you like spending your time doing the most with your women.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:42 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,189,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
Well now we know what you like spending your time doing the most with your women.
You probably like to do it in the dark, strictly under the sheets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City