U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:45 PM

7,915 posts, read 6,494,962 times

Advertisements

We are an embarrassment. We allow these completely immoral, hypocritical, lying thieves to run our lives down to the smallest minutiae in this state/city. It's pathetic. Why people are wiling to give up their rights to these fools is beyond me. Heart attacks always happen to the wrong people for some reason... When any NY politicians die, I'm upset that I am forced to waste the 2 seconds glancing over the headlines when they pop up online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 04:47 PM

...except Koch. He was a class act and a real American hero.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:56 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,101,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
Thompson flat out scares me.
Why?

Old 07-10-2013, 04:11 AM

20,182 posts, read 26,493,095 times
Either Spitzer or Weiner are fine with me. My only gripe with either of them is not having the balls to stand up to the right wing smear campaign over silly sexual peccadillos blown WAY out of proportion by a make-believe Puritan press.

Why do liberals cut and run at the merest hint of scandal, always sexual, while neocons can get caught with dead 10 year old boys in their beds and laugh it off?

Spitzer should have thumbed his nose at his critics in the manner of a Bush or Cheney.

Weiner was a bit smarter, he knew that his district was being gerrymandered away from him so he left and kept his powder dry and walked away.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:43 AM

60 posts, read 72,866 times
Who was caught with a dead 10 year old boy? Lets tell it like it is. Anyone who behaves like these two have in life before politics could never win an election. They ask for a second chance and forgiveness. We owe them nothing. Forgiveness? Thats something they have to ask their wives and family for. Remember this. Its not always what the person did but the kind of person it takes to do what they did. Do you want somone who takes a picture of his penis and puts it on the internet to represent you? I dont.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:53 AM

4,796 posts, read 4,683,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
Spitzer was patronizing a criminal enterprise while serving as New York's highest elected enforcer of the law--about as hypocritical as you can be. I don't see how Weiner can even be compared to that.
For me, this is the major problem. But as usual, I have found that those with the loudest voices have the biggest skeletons in their closets. My other problem with it is that one of the girls involved in his scandal is sitting in jail because of these laws and he pretty much walked away scot-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I personally couldn't care less what these two do with their own personal lives. There's a lot of perverted politicians out there, we just don't know of.
It shouldn't be the public's interest what they do with their own personal sex lives anyway.

That said, I feel Spitzer was a hypocrite for patronizing prostitues as a Governor while as a state attorney general he prosecuted many brothels.

Weiner while an idiot for sending nude pics of himself over the Internet, as any relatively smart person knows that anything sent over on the internet could be made public, didn't involve criminality.

If Weiner had a set of balls, he would've been a man and say from the onset "yea those pictures are mine. This is my private life and it has in no way affected my performance as a congressman. I own apologies to no one but my wife"
That's all he had to say, IMO.

Unfortunaly, he breached the public's trust by lying on national televison. Not once but several times.

Dont get me wrong, I liked weiner. He was an attack dog in congress but I can't give him a pass for the way he handled the scandal.
I agree. I don't think they are really comparable. But I also think people are allowed one mistake, especially if it's not a violent crime.

I think of all of the politicians who have done much worse than Weiner and they have continued to be involved in politics or speaking. Clinton. Mark Sanford, who went MIA to be with his mistress. I'm sure the list is endless. Considering that, I thought people went overboard with their reaction to Weiner, so much so that I thought people were more okay (sans those who tried to impeach) with Bill Clinton lying on national television. But you're right---if his reaction had been different, he might have had a little more sympathy.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:19 AM

20,182 posts, read 26,493,095 times
Quote:

Do you want somone who takes a picture of his penis and puts it on the
internet to represent you? I dont.
Did you see his penis or just IMAGINE it was there behind his shorts?
You want PRECISE, no hyperbole, then be precise.

(Guess what...nearly half the population have penises behind their pants. I hope you don't find that too shocking.)

I am more concerned about the cabals that are sneaking into our e-mail and using them for right-wing political advantage.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dede21 View Post
Who was caught with a dead 10 year old boy?
I was going to ask the same obvious question.

But, at least from that post you can figure out why democrats keep foisting these people upon in NYC: they just don't care. As long as the person is a true liberal, they will back them at all costs.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 AM

6,931 posts, read 3,632,940 times
[edit. reason: poor taste.]

Last edited by r small; 07-10-2013 at 10:39 AM..

Old 07-10-2013, 09:47 AM

1,504 posts, read 1,924,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborneguy View Post
...except koch. He was a class act and a real american hero.
lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City