U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:05 PM

7,048 posts, read 7,627,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Well Im glad you can see some humor. Race Baiters see everything as racist.

Upscale Rice & Beans...any different than trying to upscale a pizza or a wonton.
you can sell snow to eskimo too. Same with NYers, some pay for Fiji and Voss water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 01:49 PM

1,417 posts, read 1,698,486 times
There's a good place right across QB from the court building.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:35 PM

470 posts, read 745,187 times
Quote:

Upscale Rice & Beans...any different than trying to upscale a pizza or a wonton.
I'd like to see an upscale hot dog. Wait that sounds...

Old 07-10-2013, 02:39 PM

2,898 posts, read 4,933,298 times
The guy is a known racist. If this was the first time he said something like that then I wouldn't call him out on it. But he 'jokes' like that all the time.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:44 PM

912 posts, read 1,714,012 times
La Boina Roja Steakhouse

Old 07-10-2013, 04:11 PM

140 posts, read 234,677 times
Quote:

Actually there is such a thing as upscale pizza. Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck of Spago fame has a pizza dish that's adorned with caviar and salmon that's quite good and very expensive.

Don't know about expensive wonton but I wouldn't be surprised if one exists. You can make any dish pricey with expensive ingredients and ingenuity.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:24 PM

7,846 posts, read 10,260,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilSkies View Post
Actually there is such a thing as upscale pizza. Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck of Spago fame has a pizza dish that's adorned with caviar and salmon that's quite good and very expensive.

Don't know about expensive wonton but I wouldn't be surprised if one exists. You can make any dish pricey with expensive ingredients and ingenuity.
Yup, like the Douche Burger (don't think I'd eat it based on the name lol) $666 for kobe beef wrapped in gold leaf, foie gras, caviar, lobster, truffles, imported aged Gruyere cheese, melted with champagne steam, a kopi luwak barbeque sauce and Himalayan rock salt.

"The owner of the food truck, Franz Alique has this to say about the world’s most expensive burger, “It consists of a f—ing burger filled and topped with rich people s–t.”"

(does that bun look burnt? lol)

Old 07-10-2013, 05:52 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,079,101 times
I believe there's a Don Coqui in Astoria, never been there, but I have enjoyed my couple of visits to the New Rochelle location.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 PM

5,401 posts, read 5,652,313 times
Quote:

It is all about the presentation and the ingredients. I know you will think rice is rice, and beans is beans, but can you tell you havent notice a difference from place to place.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 PM

5,401 posts, read 5,652,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Are you looking for any specific places in Flushing like North Flushing, Downtown Flushing, etc? I lived in Flushing for a few years and really can't recall many Spanish restaurants. There was barely 1 or 2 Mexican restaurants! But I do know an Argentinian restaurant on Horace Harding called Puerto Madero Steakhouse. I've been there a few times--very good. Service a bit slow, but good. Your best bet would be Jackson Heights or Astoria but most places aren't trendy and modern, if that's what you're really looking for.

But on another note, I wish Gloria Estefan would open up a Bongos here in NY. I love Cuban food and her restaurant has a chic decor--kind of what you said--classy, trendy twist.
I have been to Puerto Madera, but they concentrate on a lot of cow products. I like the mofongos, rice, beans, yucas, mojo, seafood, enchiladas, and the drinks of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or