U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
6,482 posts, read 5,967,208 times
Reputation: 6939

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
wish you could have told Yankel Rosenblaum that in 1991.
Well said.

 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:02 PM
 
Location: New York NY
4,133 posts, read 5,940,379 times
Reputation: 8657
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
wish you could have told Yankel Rosenblaum that in 1991.

How convenient of you to remember this defintely sad incident -- and have no comment about the several other examples I posted.

Your selective memory only proves my point.
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 PM
 
3,445 posts, read 4,825,308 times
Reputation: 6073
I suspect no one here seems to know who Yankel Rosenblaum is.

Its easy to forget an innocent jew who did nothing but walk down a street.
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
6,482 posts, read 5,967,208 times
Reputation: 6939
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
This is a devastating blow at the race-baiting attempt by this known cryptic racist OP.

The Rodney king case is nothing compared to what happened to Amadou Diallou. NYC is a tame city, by national standards.
Contrast the awful thing that happened to Amadou Diallo and the aftermath of that with the pogrom murder of Yankel Rosenbaum after a car accident and I think you'll agree that NYC's history on this sort of thing is checkered at best.
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:07 PM
 
Location: USA
8,016 posts, read 9,062,796 times
Reputation: 3383
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I suspect no one here seems to know who Yankel Rosenblaum is.

Its easy to forget an innocent jew who did nothing but walk down a street.
what does he have to do with trayvon martin?
no one is promoting a riot except you in this thread.
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Riverdale, New York
1,283 posts, read 1,893,356 times
Reputation: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
It isn't illegal to follow someone unless they're on their own private property. That said, it's grounds for dismissal from the civilian patrol. Whoever threw the first punch is the one who instigated the sequence of violence. That said, Zimmerman will be toast in the inevitable civil trial for nothing more than getting out of his vehicle. Proving his civil responsibility will be a relative cinch compared with proving his criminal responsibility.
It isn't illegal but it sure as hell is creepy. I mean if someone was following you what you would you do invite them over for milk and cookies? If someone was following me and I felt threatened I would certainly strike. Illegal or not, following someone who is not bothering you is asking for trouble, and then to turn around and claim self-defense is a joke. It's like seeing a poisonous snake and provoking it for no good reason and then complaining when the snake attacks you as if the snake acted against you for no reason at all. The whole thing is absurd.

Zimmerman had a documented past of trying to stop "them" from always getting away and that night he saw a Black teenager who he perceived to be another one of them and felt that it was his duty to stop him and that's exactly what he did that night. It's funny how his family comes out and says that he's half Hispanic as if that's supposed to stop him from having racist tendencies towards Black people. The whole thing is disgusting.
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:09 PM
 
339 posts, read 556,095 times
Reputation: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Not unless and not until Zimmerman assaulted Martin. Asking someone 'What are you doing here?' is not assault.

Stalking someone for blocks, while armed, with a gun, is definitely an aggressive act. Ask any female. Zimmerman's BS story about how he was worried Trayvon was a criminal is complete nonsense--ask any female. If you see someone whom you have reason to think is a criminal you CROSS THE STREET. You AVOID THEM. Especially if you claim to be (and look like) some pudgy loser who can't defend yourself. Because you are trying to AVOID TROUBLE--right? Right?

I'm crossing my fingers that the all-female jury will see through his mealy-mouthed lies and use common sense--if you're really worried someone is a criminal, you *avoid* them. You don't stalk them, you don't confront them--because those are aggressive acts designed to provoke an encounter.
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:12 PM
 
6,909 posts, read 9,028,891 times
Reputation: 2856
Some people do not seem to know what happened in Yankel Rosenbaum's death yet are first to say that nobody here seems to know about him. They do not know that the killer was jailed for 10 years and now carries a criminal record. Justice was served in Yankel Rosenbaum. Not for Trayvon Martin.
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:14 PM
 
Location: Riverdale, New York
1,283 posts, read 1,893,356 times
Reputation: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
Stalking someone for blocks, while armed, with a gun, is definitely an aggressive act. Ask any female. Zimmerman's BS story about how he was worried Trayvon was a criminal is complete nonsense--ask any female. If you see someone whom you have reason to think is a criminal you CROSS THE STREET. You AVOID THEM. Especially if you claim to be (and look like) some pudgy loser who can't defend yourself. Because you are trying to AVOID TROUBLE--right? Right?

I'm crossing my fingers that the all-female jury will see through his mealy-mouthed lies and use common sense--if you're really worried someone is a criminal, you *avoid* them. You don't stalk them, you don't confront them--because those are aggressive acts designed to provoke an encounter.
Exactly. And anyone who can't see through his BS story is clearly blind.
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:33 PM
 
Location: In the heights
20,106 posts, read 21,722,272 times
Reputation: 10206
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I suspect no one here seems to know who Yankel Rosenblaum is.

Its easy to forget an innocent jew who did nothing but walk down a street.
Well, glad your turning a leaf here! Do you think Zimmerman will serve time just as Lemrick Nelson, Jr. did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top