U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 02:01 PM

6,482 posts, read 5,968,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
Exactly. And anyone who can't see through his BS story is clearly blind.
Let's see if the jury exits the deliberation room carrying white canes. After all, they've heard the whole case but obviously you were there and know everything.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:02 PM

3,445 posts, read 4,826,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
You omit. Treyvon Martin was defending himself. Zimmerman started the fight.

Two men fighting. The guy who started it was about to lose so he pulled out the gun and fired. Zimmerman was the wrong party.
That's total biased speculation on your part.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:02 PM

6,909 posts, read 9,031,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
This completely ignores the many differences in these two cases. Ten years for murdering someone merely for being Jewish is 'justice' for some, but not all.
You ignore my point. 10 years + criminal record is better than letting the perpetrator go free. That was all.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:04 PM

6,482 posts, read 5,968,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
It's obvious you're stretching the truth just like the comment about the prosecution having no proof.

Yankel Rosenbaum did not confront Lemrick Nelson in the same token that Treyvon Martin did not confront George Zimmerman and did nothing wrong by defending himself against someone who started a confrontation with him.

Difference again is that Yankel Rosenbaum got justice.
No, Lemrick Nelson got justice. Yankel Rosenbaum got buried.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:06 PM

1,283 posts, read 1,893,670 times
Quote:
What the hell has being female got to do with any of this? And observing people walking around the neighborhood is EXACTLY what a civilian patrol does.
That's correct, but being a civilian patrol and taking the law into your own hands are two very different things. I would understand it if he was watching Martin and Martin came over to him and started something, but after he called the cops and the cops told him NOT to pursue Martin that should've been the end of it. Okay so he saw a Black kid in his gated community that seemed out of place because he hadn't seen him. I can understand that but what else did he have besides that for him to go and confront this guy?

If he didn't have a past of doing this then I would say that this was a one time incident that was unfortunate, but he has a past of trying to play cop when he is nothing more than a civilian patrol.c

Old 07-12-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
That's total biased speculation on your part.
No it's not biased. Evidence shows it was Zimmerman who approached Treyvon Martin. Evidence also shows that no fight would have happened if Zimmerman did not confront Martin. Clear as day.

They fought but Treyvon was the better figher apparently which explains Zimmerman's injuries. Note that Treyvon was unarmed - no sticks, no blades. Just used his bare knuckes like a man.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:08 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,065,013 times
Quote:
Let's see if the jury exits the deliberation room carrying white canes. After all, they've heard the whole case but obviously you were there and know everything.

what are you siding with the killer for?

go home and eat some broccoli or something.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
No, Lemrick Nelson got justice. Yankel Rosenbaum got buried.
Let's cut the semantics, OK? I think Lemrick Nelson should have gotten more. Nowhere did I say that the punishment was enough or that it was "justice" in the true sense.

But from a legal standpoint, Nelson got a criminal conviction. Zimmerman gets nothing. He will have no criminal record and no jail time. That's all I'm saying.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:17 PM

3,445 posts, read 4,826,588 times
You mean like OJ Simpson got

Old 07-12-2013, 02:30 PM

339 posts, read 556,254 times
Quote:
What the hell has being female got to do with any of this? And observing people walking around the neighborhood is EXACTLY what a civilian patrol does.
Stop being obtuse, and please refrain from profanity when responding to me. You know the point I'm making. Common sense says if you think he's a threat, you stay away--you keep your distance. Females have to do this every day--do I really need to explain why? Think about it.

Huh? Where did I say anything about observing? I have no problem with observing. However following, stalking and confronting (especially when armed) are all huge no-nos with neighborhood watch programs (they're not "patrols," he wasn't in the army)--which was precisely why he was TOLD TO STAY AWAY. Also neighborhood watch participants are discouraged from carrying guns--precisely because of this sort of danger. Because it encourages doughy, wannabe cops to become vigilantes. He went directly against what the 911 dispatcher told him--and because of his actions, a boy is dead.

If he'd done what he was supposed to do--what he was told to do, what (in line with his claim that this unknown black kid was a potential criminal) common sense indicated he should do--Trayvon Martin would still be alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or