U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 03:33 PM

14,929 posts, read 17,476,064 times

Advertisements

I remember when Obama got elected, black people from the pjs were jumping and yelling out of the window like he is going to make things any better. Than on the train to work, service was cancelled because people were going crazy on 125th street. I don't wanna see any negative outbursts on the street and certain things should not be fueled by racism but general minds of Americans racism still exist and no one has really embraced multicultural society.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:37 PM

3,445 posts, read 4,841,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
He went directly against what the 911 dispatcher told him--and because of his actions, a boy is dead.

Or perhaps the boy is dead because of the boy's actions. Maybe if he simply said he was going to his father's fiancees house instead of resorting to violence he would be alive today.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM

6,917 posts, read 9,062,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
You mean like OJ Simpson got
But the criminal court could not prove that OJ was present at the scene of the crime. Zimmerman was. Even the defense will not argue that.

Agree OJ was probably guilty but the prosecution did not do a thorough job in the investigation.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:48 PM

4,911 posts, read 6,835,605 times
The most amazing thing about this thread is that Grosvenor is not mentioning "Riverdale" at least five times in each post. I didn't think that was actually possible.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:54 PM

1,283 posts, read 1,898,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
The most amazing thing about this thread is that Grosvenor is not mentioning "Riverdale" at least five times in each post. I didn't think that was actually possible.
I don't always have my real estate hat on...

Old 07-12-2013, 04:28 PM

339 posts, read 557,896 times
Quote:
Or perhaps the boy is dead because of the boy's actions. Maybe if he simply said he was going to his father's fiancees house instead of resorting to violence he would be alive today.
Well, we KNOW Zimmerman followed Trayvon for several blocks and was told not to by the 911 dispatcher because we have the tapes. We KNOW he pulled the trigger--his prints are all over the gun. However we have only Zimmerman's word that Trayvon (who was being stalked by an armed man who outweighed him by quite a bit) "resorted to violence." That is speculation--and from a man with a violent criminal record, who'd already been caught in several lies.

I don't believe him.

And I find it interesting that you characterize a boy defending himself against said armed stalker (I have been in similar circumstances--I was stalked by a strange man down my hallway who pulled a knife on me and tried to drag me into the stairwell--you'd better believe I fought back physically) as "resorting to violence." Do you really lay no responsibility whatsoever on Zimmerman? Really?

Old 07-12-2013, 04:32 PM

6,917 posts, read 9,062,609 times
Oh please, if this happened to 30to66at55's own kid, relative or close friend, he would be blaming the shooter instead of the person trying to defend himself. If his son tried to deend himself in a fistfight he would say "attaboy" and call the guy who used the gun a loser but with this case it's "resorting to violence".

Old 07-12-2013, 04:54 PM

6,963 posts, read 5,461,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well, he killed Trayvon Martin, that was never in question. I'm sure he'll be convicted, not sure of what charges. Since this case became so big, I would think they'd make sure to get a diverse jury as to not repeat past mistakes (such as selecting an all white jury from a conservative area) to try something so controversial.

And there won't be rioting in NYC. NYC is too far away, what good would riots here do anyone in Florida? How would riots change anything in Florida?

And while whatever was said to your coworkers in 1992, there were no riots in NY surrounding Rodney King.

Jury as almost all white women with no blacks. Some think it might not be bad as they feel that some women will sympathize with Trayvon's mother and her loss of her son who was not committing a crime, and most likely was trying to defend himself against some one who he might have thought was a criminal as Zimmerman clearly was not a cop.

There will be no riots in NYC. We do not have the same degree of racial animosity that we had 20 years ago.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:56 PM

72 posts, read 83,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Wanna know why in 2013 we are still dealing with racism...look squarely at race baiters, I mean "worriers", like 30to66. Disgusting.

Let's also look at people like Trayvon Martin who called George Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracker"..

..as well as Jenteal who said that she doesn't consider "cracker" to be a racial slur.

Disgusting.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:57 PM

6,963 posts, read 5,461,234 times
Quote:
But there were riots in Crown Heights over a traffic accident.

Zimmerman is likely to walk. It looks like he was rightfully defending himself from a thug.

Wasnt a traffic accident as a kid was killed, another injured, and the NYPD brutally prevented their father from going to their aid. The Jewsi driver was attended to and the blacks kids were ignored.

I can see that you hve decided that Trayvon is a thug. Why? Because he is black? Please do not tell me that its because of the weed because then huge numbers of 20 y/o white males will be so categorized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or