U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 08:58 AM

64,745 posts, read 66,226,110 times

Advertisements

if you never tried it you can end up with it blowing in your own face. it really is a poor choice .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 09:36 AM

6,935 posts, read 3,625,703 times
I have heard of several incidents in my area where women have successfully warded off assaults using the stuff. Works on dogs too. I sometimes carry the stuff while riding my bike. One day a chow/pit bull mix blocked the trail I was riding on. I gave him a tiny squirt right on the snout. He ran off. I went on my way.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:04 PM

5,473 posts, read 9,200,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I have heard of several incidents in my area where women have successfully warded off assaults using the stuff. Works on dogs too. I sometimes carry the stuff while riding my bike. One day a chow/pit bull mix blocked the trail I was riding on. I gave him a tiny squirt right on the snout. He ran off. I went on my way.
Works on bears too. So remember to carry some if youre hiking in Catskills Mountains!

Old 07-13-2013, 05:26 PM

6,935 posts, read 3,625,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Works on bears too. So remember to carry some if youre hiking in Catskills Mountains!
Just try to get it in their nostrils. Bears, like dogs, have super sensitive noses.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:52 AM

5 posts, read 18,144 times
If someone says "give me your wallet", it MUST be assumed from a survival standpoint, that the mugger is also ready willing and able to beat/injure/kill you if you say no! even if you DON'T say "no", they're STILL mugging you and therefore, you are in grave danger. Therefore, all laws regarding defending yourself are immoral if they don't allow you to spray someone in the face that will save your life! The only action possible for me, is spray them, and knock them unconscous and **** reporting it! Get out of there. And feel good that you survived a killer's attack.

NYC laws are garbage and due to ultra-lefty communist laws made by criminal-friendly judges, you WILL go to jail! And what's that horse **** about having a prior? NONSENSE! What happened if you got caught doing something wrong with a credit card 25 years ago, but you're a 56 year old guy and YOU KNOW you'll lose ANY conflict with an enraged younger human animal gunning for your wallet and your life? SPRAY MAN SPRAY? That's my take on it. Period.

Defend yourself at all costs. Save your own life. NEUTRALIZE any and all attackers. You are an innocent and harmless citizen defending yourself from criminal activity that will get you DEAD. Spray and bash their ****ing skull in! But don't kill him. And for good measure, poke the sprayed eyes with your fingers, elbow in the face, tie them up, and run and/or drive away like a bat out of hell!!!!!

Old 04-27-2015, 11:06 AM

11,832 posts, read 7,714,980 times
Regardless, both NY and NJ gun and self-defense laws are unconstitutional. 2nd Amendment guarantees all the right to bear arms.

The last time I checked, NYC is part of NY state and part of USA. The 2nd amendment is illegally being ignored by this government.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:00 PM

we can have firearms possession allowed , no problem getting a residence permit. we can't carry them .

Old 04-27-2015, 04:31 PM

102 posts, read 102,428 times
Some dirt bag tried to mug me on Halloween a few years ago. I was fully prepared to kill him, but the little pansy ran away when I fought back. I could give a damn if I'd killed him and been arrested, or sued by his dirt bag family. No one is getting my bag for free, or without facing an "armed" or battery charge. Cops are not going to care about the crime if no weapon was used anyway, as I found out when I went to report it, even though the whole thing should have been on camera.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:53 PM

1,840 posts, read 1,695,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
we can have firearms possession allowed , no problem getting a residence permit. we can't carry them .
Are you saying the average NYC resident can get a residence permit for a handgun? I don't think so.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:27 PM

it doesn't matter what you think . anyone with a clean record can get one , it is no big deal.

i have been active in the shooting sports for 23 years and have never known a single person who was denied unless they had blemishes on their record or were not honest on some questions.

all you need to do is fill out the forms and pay the fees . a residence permit allows you to go to a nyc approved range , keep a loaded firearm at home when under your control and hunt in approved nys hunting grounds with a hunting license.

if you heard otherwise then you heard wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City