U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 01:43 PM

386 posts, read 858,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella Hero View Post
I recently moved to the city and want to meet more women. I think the bars/clubs are hard because theyre always with their friends and I am solo. I would prefer to ask women out during the day.

In Manhattan, on the street, I see single ladies in their twenties usually either on the phone or with earphones/headphones. That says, "Don't speak to me." It seems like the girls I want to speak with are the ones most likely to be playing a video game on their phone while walking or pretend talking on their phone. I hear about this street harassment but I wonder if that precludes a handsome guy in a suit from walking up to them and asking for a legit date?

I wanted to see how NYC women feel about a respectful, cold approach on the street? Is that street harassment or is it potentially a welcome exchange?
I don't really like to be approached on the street. My feelings range from annoyance to harassed. It kind of says to me that you have nothing better to do with your time than hit on random women. Saying hi and striking up a conversation at a bar or restaurant or park, even on the train, yes. On the street to a stranger? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 02:31 PM

339 posts, read 557,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoclutch View Post
This thread is so full of ****. The amount of women I see with a look of complete boredom and routine going about their 9-5 in manhattan is huge.

Translation--"I'm a man who wants to succeed with women by pestering them on the street--when Actual Women take the time to say that won't work and women don't like that, I'll respond by telling them you're wrong!"

My friends, this is what is meant by the term "mansplaining."

Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM

39 posts, read 66,519 times
If theres anything I learned about women, its to never take advice from them about women.

Yea, listen to the people who say its weird to talk to someone in the daytime but "normal" to talk to someone in a dark room with music & alcohol.

Pathetic. What a great society we have become.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:51 PM

19 posts, read 26,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha83 View Post
I don't really like to be approached on the street. My feelings range from annoyance to harassed. It kind of says to me that you have nothing better to do with your time than hit on random women. Saying hi and striking up a conversation at a bar or restaurant or park, even on the train, yes. On the street to a stranger? No.

I have lots better to do but I am faced with terrible choices unless I speak to women in the daytime. No hot girls where I work. I dont like girls in bars. Park and coffee shop is awkward if it doesnt go right.

Nothing better to do, eh? You know most of the girls on the street and subway arent on the phone speaking to someone, they're gaming. When they are on the phone, they're complaining that they're not meeting enough boys. So let's not act like meeting the opposite sex isnt important.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:37 PM

19,314 posts, read 32,792,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoclutch View Post
Lmao, Im sure this worked alot buddy. Tell us more about your near-mythical panty dropping gaze of prosperity.

Lmao I was like lmao. You're like the old fat guy at the gym who cant stop telling everyone how he used to bench 350 for reps.

Anyways - Im an azn dude in the bronx so I have a thing for latins with fat asses. But being good at this in the bronx means I get alot of these stares:

My buddy got this shot directly after I got a number-close from the blonde. Priceless.
You're reading too much into it, and at the same time trying to get laughs. If a female finds you physically attractive she will lock eyes with you thats all I'm saying; I'm not claiming to be an r&b singer out here. But nice try. I assume no chick ever checked you out on the street before. Poor kid.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-19-2013, 12:02 AM

1,745 posts, read 2,035,616 times
I have gotten catcalled at so many times I could write a book on it. Which pretty much makes me your average cute chick. I'm petite, curvy and athletic and the men go crazy when I'm in a pencil skirt or tight pair of leather pants. I just walk down the street and it's like they're about to drop a load in their pants, sad. What always caught my attention was when it was genuine and respectful, like someone admiring me as 'me' and not JUST a hot piece of snatch. A cute guy with enough charm at the grocery store, bookstore, etc. could convince me to at least give him a chance. If it even had the HINT of being vulgar I automatically would (and still) throw the guys in the reject pile. The ones who I actually gave a chance were truly polite, respectful. Where I knew they meant no harm but were just fascinated by me. Sometimes we'd go on a few dates. Sorry to say none of them made it to my bedroom. Kind of hard to get turned on by someone who does something like that, at least for me. I like keeping my *vagina* clean and if this guy is doing this to me, who else? I enjoyed the free meals and drinks, though. Plus the awesome ego boost. Girls, if you go this route stay out of your neighborhood and be careful on the way home. I dated a dude that was obsessed with me that lived three blocks away. He was not Americanized yet and let's just say it was a challenging situation at best. I fondly remember being given roses and stalked outside my local laundromat. Guys, if you want to have game understand women as people. Maintaining yourself is very expensive as a female, ESPECIALLY as you age (any chick +22 in other words). No one has time for retarded games. You either get on our page or stay alone, jacking off. Or with really ugly, portly chicks. Your choice. To give you examples of our lives... I just spent $355 last month on skincare and cosmetics (wholesale prices BTW). So I look OKAY, like nothing fancy. Don't get me started on clothing. How much do you spend, really? And then act like a $50 meal is a big favor? When you look at our bank accounts you will understand that you are merely annoyances to us unless you can actually support us on a mature level. And even then you're suspect and we still secretly kind of resent you. If you want a woman to truly love you, good luck. Most of us hate your guts and the money spent makes you barely tolerable. We all need to get laid, it is biological. But women who (like me) fear disease will retreat. Go to Darwinism 101 and try to wrap your brains around that. We like ^co#k , we just like it to be clean and you certainly don't want to risk that on the subway.

Last edited by EastBoundandDownChick; 07-19-2013 at 12:36 AM..

Old 07-19-2013, 04:43 AM

6,853 posts, read 4,457,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I have gotten catcalled at so many times I could write a book on it. Which pretty much makes me your average cute chick. I'm petite, curvy and athletic and the men go crazy when I'm in a pencil skirt or tight pair of leather pants. I just walk down the street and it's like they're about to drop a load in their pants, sad. What always caught my attention was when it was genuine and respectful, like someone admiring me as 'me' and not JUST a hot piece of snatch. A cute guy with enough charm at the grocery store, bookstore, etc. could convince me to at least give him a chance. If it even had the HINT of being vulgar I automatically would (and still) throw the guys in the reject pile. The ones who I actually gave a chance were truly polite, respectful. Where I knew they meant no harm but were just fascinated by me. Sometimes we'd go on a few dates. Sorry to say none of them made it to my bedroom. Kind of hard to get turned on by someone who does something like that, at least for me. I like keeping my *vagina* clean and if this guy is doing this to me, who else? I enjoyed the free meals and drinks, though. Plus the awesome ego boost. Girls, if you go this route stay out of your neighborhood and be careful on the way home. I dated a dude that was obsessed with me that lived three blocks away. He was not Americanized yet and let's just say it was a challenging situation at best. I fondly remember being given roses and stalked outside my local laundromat. Guys, if you want to have game understand women as people. Maintaining yourself is very expensive as a female, ESPECIALLY as you age (any chick +22 in other words). No one has time for retarded games. You either get on our page or stay alone, jacking off. Or with really ugly, portly chicks. Your choice. To give you examples of our lives... I just spent $355 last month on skincare and cosmetics (wholesale prices BTW). So I look OKAY, like nothing fancy. Don't get me started on clothing. How much do you spend, really? And then act like a $50 meal is a big favor? When you look at our bank accounts you will understand that you are merely annoyances to us unless you can actually support us on a mature level. And even then you're suspect and we still secretly kind of resent you. If you want a woman to truly love you, good luck. Most of us hate your guts and the money spent makes you barely tolerable. We all need to get laid, it is biological. But women who (like me) fear disease will retreat. Go to Darwinism 101 and try to wrap your brains around that. We like ^co#k , we just like it to be clean and you certainly don't want to risk that on the subway.
LOL

Old 07-19-2013, 05:45 AM

28 posts, read 34,457 times
Quote:
Exactly what's wrong with the females of today. Avoid this like the plague.

Whatever happened to the down to earth, humble, cool girls who aren't just in it for a free meal?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 AM

6,853 posts, read 4,457,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1YearLease View Post
Exactly what's wrong with the females of today. Avoid this like the plague.

Whatever happened to the down to earth, humble, cool girls who aren't just in it for a free meal?
Bro her IQ is like 157.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:14 AM

706 posts, read 822,910 times
Quote:
I have gotten catcalled at so many times I could write a book on it. Which pretty much makes me your average cute chick. I'm petite, curvy and athletic and the men go crazy when I'm in a pencil skirt or tight pair of leather pants. I just walk down the street and it's like they're about to drop a load in their pants, sad.
LOL. Why were you wearing tight leather pants?? Oh yeah to have guys drop loads in their pants and catcalled you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or