U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 AM

19 posts, read 26,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I have gotten catcalled at so many times I could write a book on it. Which pretty much makes me your average cute chick. I'm petite, curvy and athletic and the men go crazy when I'm in a pencil skirt or tight pair of leather pants. I just walk down the street and it's like they're about to drop a load in their pants, sad. What always caught my attention was when it was genuine and respectful, like someone admiring me as 'me' and not JUST a hot piece of snatch. A cute guy with enough charm at the grocery store, bookstore, etc. could convince me to at least give him a chance. If it even had the HINT of being vulgar I automatically would (and still) throw the guys in the reject pile. The ones who I actually gave a chance were truly polite, respectful. Where I knew they meant no harm but were just fascinated by me. Sometimes we'd go on a few dates. Sorry to say none of them made it to my bedroom. Kind of hard to get turned on by someone who does something like that, at least for me. I like keeping my *vagina* clean and if this guy is doing this to me, who else? I enjoyed the free meals and drinks, though. Plus the awesome ego boost. Girls, if you go this route stay out of your neighborhood and be careful on the way home. I dated a dude that was obsessed with me that lived three blocks away. He was not Americanized yet and let's just say it was a challenging situation at best. I fondly remember being given roses and stalked outside my local laundromat. Guys, if you want to have game understand women as people. Maintaining yourself is very expensive as a female, ESPECIALLY as you age (any chick +22 in other words). No one has time for retarded games. You either get on our page or stay alone, jacking off. Or with really ugly, portly chicks. Your choice. To give you examples of our lives... I just spent $355 last month on skincare and cosmetics (wholesale prices BTW). So I look OKAY, like nothing fancy. Don't get me started on clothing. How much do you spend, really? And then act like a $50 meal is a big favor? When you look at our bank accounts you will understand that you are merely annoyances to us unless you can actually support us on a mature level. And even then you're suspect and we still secretly kind of resent you. If you want a woman to truly love you, good luck. Most of us hate your guts and the money spent makes you barely tolerable. We all need to get laid, it is biological. But women who (like me) fear disease will retreat. Go to Darwinism 101 and try to wrap your brains around that. We like ^co#k , we just like it to be clean and you certainly don't want to risk that on the subway.

So the difference between meeting a guy on the street/subway vs. insert-acceptable-place-to-meet-a-girl is that you believe he is more likely to be disease free if you find the setting socially acceptable to you?

Wait, attractive women in NYC arent dating multiple guys? You can only get a disease from a guy who asks out multiple women but not from a woman who goes out with multiple guys?

I think men should always be respectful to women. I am a naturally playful person and I like playful women too. If the girl is angry, I generally dont want any part of her.

I never begrudge spending money on women. Even when Ive gotten stood up, it's been at very nice places.

I dont particularly want to be loved by women, just respected and considered a romantic figure.

I understand that there are a lot of sketchy guys in this city and sympathize that women seem to not feel like they can walk around without having headphones in. I dont speak to men myself and will ignore them if they speak to me. Fortunately, I am better looking and more polished than most and come off as meaning well.

I posted this thread to see if the headphones were merely to ward of catcallers and if there is an opening for a sincere guy to approach a girl on the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 06:48 AM

9,832 posts, read 21,502,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella Hero View Post
I recently moved to the city and want to meet more women. I think the bars/clubs are hard because theyre always with their friends and I am solo. I would prefer to ask women out during the day.

In Manhattan, on the street, I see single ladies in their twenties usually either on the phone or with earphones/headphones. That says, "Don't speak to me." It seems like the girls I want to speak with are the ones most likely to be playing a video game on their phone while walking or pretend talking on their phone. I hear about this street harassment but I wonder if that precludes a handsome guy in a suit from walking up to them and asking for a legit date?

I wanted to see how NYC women feel about a respectful, cold approach on the street? Is that street harassment or is it potentially a welcome exchange?
If a woman is on the phone or has headphones on don't bother her. If she looks like she's determined to get somewhere don't bother her. Lol.

Try meetups bro.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
If a woman is on the phone or has headphones on don't bother her. If she looks like she's determined to get somewhere don't bother her. Lol.

Try meetups bro.

I just chatted up a beauty in a local healthfood store. Headed for a date but couldn't resist because she was my favorite look. She said she had a BF and i didn't press it but she just stood there wanting to talk while I spun around and left.

It occurred to me that she may have been sh*t testing me to see if I asked again but I think there's an ocean of girls, headphones or no, eager to chat so I'll just keep moving forward like Sharknado.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:51 AM

2,490 posts, read 3,815,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
LOL. Why were you wearing tight leather pants?? Oh yeah to have guys drop loads in their pants and catcalled you.
This girl is a mess. Holy crap when I think her posts can't get anymore conceited and stupid, they DO!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:59 AM

5,473 posts, read 9,193,791 times
Girls with headphones and typing on the phone usually have bad conscience for putting on the sluttiest outfit this side of Sodom and Gomorrah. Looking at guys would make them feel even more promiscuous so its best to pretend occupied and not make things even worse. The vague knowledge that bad girls dont go to heaven is embedded still to this day in their subconscious mind, religious or not.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
This girl is a mess. Holy crap when I think her posts can't get anymore conceited and stupid, they DO!
Generally, i find that the more the girl takes care of her self, the better person she is and more stable. She can wear the same outfit every day as long as she is clean and well groomed. Manners, attitude, playfulness, abstract imagination, humor. And tasteful. I am something of a fashion/clothing enthusiast and historian. I can tell a lot about a woman by the way she dresses and even does her nails.

I love womens hair, eyes, mouth, legs and feet. Beautiful lips, teeth and smile in a clean mouth tells me a lot more about what kind of person she is than how big her chest is.

Chatting on certain topics lets me know if she is clever or stupid, playful or selfish, exhibits feminine or masculine energy, and those same topics will unsettle the maladjusted, the nasty, the paranoid and the manner-less. A girl without grace or manners is worthless to me.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:03 PM

You see a lot of girls in NYC who are very beautiful with white teeth, carefully applied make up, long slender legs and fingers, petite ankles and a good bone structure in general... but at the sametime so decadent . Its an interesting mixture, beauty combined with a dirty mind...

Old 07-20-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
You see a lot of girls in NYC who are very beautiful with white teeth, carefully applied make up, long slender legs and fingers, petite ankles and a good bone structure in general... but at the sametime so decadent . Its an interesting mixture, beauty combined with a dirty mind...

Decadence is not in the thought but in the deed. Oscar Wilde said there are no moral or immoral books.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:16 PM

[quote=EastBoundandDownChick;30558416] Guys, if you want to have game understand women as people. [/QUOTE I agree. Being rude wont get you far. Women are beautiful, wondrous, fascinating creatures and very sensitive but also fragile. Their whole body is a neverending erogenous labyrinth. As we approach the mid decade warmth and understanding for the opposite sex is more important than ever...

Old 11-03-2014, 09:24 PM

102 posts, read 116,931 times
Look.. the best thing to do if you can't help feeling like a kid in a candy store, walking down the streets of New York with all the "eye candy" walking past, is to make eye contact first. If she eyes you back and there's some kind of non verbal mutual attraction going on before you approach her then it's not just the next creep scoping you out from behind and pouncing like a monkey.

Be normal. I would never date some dude who scoped me out on the street and then throws some cheesey one liner on me. Waay too easy and desperate. And corny. Plus he won't stand out.

But if you're walking past and we made eye contact and I like what I see first then that's different. You'll know the one who's ok to go up to and say hi. She'll be the one NOT on the phone, with the headphones on faking like she's talking. She'll be the one who eyes you back, gives you a lil smile or smirk or maybe even look back at you when u pass.

That's the only one okay to go up to. The rest will think you're just another creep. Gotta get the ok with us females first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or