U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2013, 10:49 AM
 
3,337 posts, read 3,129,228 times
Reputation: 2337

Advertisements

Where is the < $2/gallon gas that Obama promised years ago? He does not even talk about it anymore anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2013, 10:55 AM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
48 posts, read 107,089 times
Reputation: 49
will never go below $3/gallon, people even accept $4/gallon, so why go down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
15,233 posts, read 23,770,707 times
Reputation: 19867
Obama has done nothing for the American public. Why he was elected for another 4 years is beyond me. he did nothing for us in the first 4, why do they all claim they need more time.

So far every president has to undo the mess from the previous president.

Our gas prices are never going down, we will never see those low prices ever agin, it is not happening

we have had government since the 1600's you would think by now we would have it down to a science and we would be prospering instead of always in a deficit by now.

we just cant get it right.


maybe if everyone stop focusing on weapons of mass destructions and wars and fighting all the time we would all be better off.


funny we have been fighting since the days of the Romans, and we have not learned anything yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 11:04 AM
 
329 posts, read 386,672 times
Reputation: 316
and why should they reduce fuel price?

because you are a nice guy, because you have a nice car?

as long people buy it in China, they will not sell it to you for cheaper...

they don't give a toss about you. if you are not happy to pay 4 or even 10$ a gallon... walk!

walk is good and it s healthy...

really people don't care as long bank bank give them interest on their stocks and bonds... who give a crap really about your car and your flipping burger job?

you want stay in usa? , up to you... not for me... i m out...

now walk to your bank and go buy stock and bonds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 11:05 AM
 
3,337 posts, read 3,129,228 times
Reputation: 2337
True. I won't count on Obama anymore...it would be nice to see King Bloomberg act on this before he leaves the administration. Anyway, why should NY charges 50 cents per gal more than in NJ on top of the 3% city income tax?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Riverdale, New York
1,283 posts, read 1,894,804 times
Reputation: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
True. I won't count on Obama anymore...it would be nice to see King Bloomberg act on this before he leaves the administration. Anyway, why should NY charges 50 cents per gal more than in NJ on top of the 3% city income tax?
NJ gets it cheaper because of where the gas distribution stations are located. It takes more labor to get it here to NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 11:08 AM
 
3,337 posts, read 3,129,228 times
Reputation: 2337
i have only 6.5 hour sleeping time nowadays. If I walk an extra 1-2 hours to have errands done, then I sleep even less which is no healthy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapcharly View Post
and why should they reduce fuel price?

because you are a nice guy, because you have a nice car?

as long people buy it in China, they will not sell it to you for cheaper...

they don't give a toss about you. if you are not happy to pay 4 or even 10$ a gallon... walk!

walk is good and it s healthy...

really people don't care as long bank bank give them interest on their stocks and bonds... who give a crap really about your car and your flipping burger job?

you want stay in usa? , up to you... not for me... i m out...

now walk to your bank and go buy stock and bonds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Planet Brooklyn
483 posts, read 703,270 times
Reputation: 415
^ Agreed. Until United States government ends pre-occupation with wars and more money goes to education than prison industrial complex, I will budget carfare to get electric car like a Tesla Model S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 11:12 AM
 
3,337 posts, read 3,129,228 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
NJ gets it cheaper because of where the gas distribution is located. It takes more labor to get it here to NYC.
It sounds like NY and NJ are 1000 miles apart, although manhattan and brooklyn or SI are really just a stone throw from their neighboring NJ cities compared to north or west NJ. I am missing sth here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2013, 11:35 AM
 
4,787 posts, read 4,671,757 times
Reputation: 5524
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Where is the < $2/gallon gas that Obama promised years ago? He does not even talk about it anymore anywhere.
He promised that?

I don't know why anyone would think, since everything else has gone up in price, that gas would shoot down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top