U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:43 PM

28,266 posts, read 26,263,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
Well that's why I'm asking Black folks such as yourself to clarify my comprehension problems. So then why do Black people have a hard time getting a cabs? What are the reasons?
Your question has a presupposition that's not based on anything anyone has even said in this thread. Why don't you revisit my first post in this thread? After you've done that, you can quote the exact place where I said "black people have a hard time getting cabs."

Old 07-19-2013, 02:48 PM

1,283 posts, read 1,967,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Your question has a presupposition that's not based on anything anyone has even said in this thread. Why don't you revisit my first post in this thread? After you've done that, you can quote the exact place where I said "black people have a hard time getting cabs."
I didn't say you did, but some of us (you know the ones living in the real world) think that Black people still do have a hard time. Maybe you're living the good life where the associates at Davis, Polk (the best law firm there is in NY) are swimming in money and are big tippers, hence why they have taxis honking at them on the street to get in before they can even hail one.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
I didn't say you did, but some of us think that Black people still do have a hard time.
"Some of us" like you? You're so magnanimous you make my soul weep!

Quote:
Maybe you're living the good life where the associates at Davis, Polk (the best law firm there is in NY) are swimming in money and are big tippers, hence why they have taxis honking at them on the street to get in before they can even hail one.
Davis Polk is not the best firm in New York. That would be Cravath.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
"Some of us" like you? You're so magnanimous you make my soul weep!

Yeah imagine that. That some of us includes me too...

Re: Davis Polk: That was sarcasm. I've worked with Davis Polk over the years as a client of mine and they're as cheap as can be.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I've worked with Davis Polk over the years as a client of mine and they're as cheap as can be.
Right.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,492,183 times
Quote:
Okay, so then what's the problem with the cab drivers? Bajan says the problem isn't that Black people are poor tippers so what is it then?

lol stop trying to be so clever with the wordplay yo. you're
not fooling me. don't make me have to tax ya azz.

many of the cabbies are biased against black passengers,
even if they are black too. get it now?

Old 07-19-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
stop trying to be so clever with the wordplay yo. you're
not fooling me. don't make me have to tax ya azz lol.

many of the cabbies are prejudice against black, even
if they are black too. duh.
It's a legitimate question, not unless you don't think Blacks have a hard time getting a taxi these days?

Old 07-19-2013, 03:20 PM

339 posts, read 583,236 times
Quote:
Not Paul, Weiss?

Old 07-19-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Right.
They may pay the associates well, but they're always looking for a discount from the vendors they work with. Typical law firm. Rake in the money and get everything on the cheap. Would be even more of a reason why the associates would tip poorly if anything.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
They may pay the associates well, but they're always looking for a discount from the vendors they work with. Typical law firm. Rake in the money and get everything on the cheap. Would be even more of a reason why the associates would tip poorly if anything.
How much do you think these firms are supposed to pay you for refilling the soda machine every week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or