U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,543,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dre View Post
It's weird. Like half of palm beach is amazing and the other half not so much lol. I went there on vacation once.
Watching this video is a perfect reminder and a main reason why I support Gentrification 100% in NYC (all 5 boroughs). Gentrification keep these ghetto a$$ and ignorant people out of our neighborhoods and away from our families. This is why I want the Bronx to gentrify...price out all these thugs so they can go kill themselves elsewhere. End of story. They serve no purpose in our sociality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 08:22 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,136,496 times
Cats doin too much for real

Old 07-22-2013, 09:21 PM

88 posts, read 203,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Very few hedge funds will hire kids straight out of college. For their lowest level positions they usually hire people who at least have a couple years of banking or related experience. As far as pay goes, from people I've spoken with they aren't super high, but the bonus potential can be great--that all depends on your performance and the fund's overall performance, though, and performing above and beyond expectations can be really challenging.

One of my good friends who used to work with me at a large investment bank left to go to a very respectable fund in Greenwich. He isn't making millions yet but it seems like that potential exists if he were to do well and move up there. But that's really easier said than done--if it was easy then everyone would do it!
True. If I could go back in time I would've done better in school and tried to make it in a prestigious college and major in finance or economics and try to be a hedge fund manager. Or at Least be in that type of business. But I'm happy with my life today regardless.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:34 PM

1,283 posts, read 1,906,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Watching this video is a perfect reminder and a main reason why I support Gentrification 100% in NYC (all 5 boroughs). Gentrification keep these ghetto a$$ and ignorant people out of our neighborhoods and away from our families. This is why I want the Bronx to gentrify...price out all these thugs so they can go kill themselves elsewhere. End of story. They serve no purpose in our sociality.
Whatever you do just keep them OUT of Riverdale.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:39 PM

506 posts, read 844,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
We get it, you live in Riverdale.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:40 PM

786 posts, read 854,537 times
Quote:
only way theyre coming to riverdale is if they build a NYCHA complex out there.....i doubt thats happening anytime soon.....

Old 07-23-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
well least ur an honest gentrifier.......but few cities thrive without a solid working class......and that video was in FL......guns are much easier to get down there and quite frankly most ghetto NY'ers havent been able to run wild like that without heavy police involvement since the crack wars of the early 1990s......but least ur honest......gentrify: the new NIMBYism.....push people out of the city that i dont like that way i can turn into my personal playground of arrogant yuppies, annoying culture vultures with trust funds (hipsters) who snort coke, commit white collar crimes that bankrupt our fine nation and kill the unique soul of NY and other uniquely american metropolises.......

Old 07-23-2013, 02:57 PM

8,016 posts, read 9,136,496 times
^ yeah it kinda sounded like he lumped everybody who
presently lives in the community with the gangstas.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:03 PM

1,283 posts, read 1,906,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
only way theyre coming to riverdale is if they build a NYCHA complex out there.....i doubt thats happening anytime soon.....
Seems like they like to make visits up here for some reason nevertheless...

Old 07-23-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Seems like they like to make visits up here for some reason nevertheless...
what the hell for? aint no major shopping area up there, no major public HS........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City